NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

turner46

Gary is entering his 4th year and finished last season ranked 55th per game in 9 cat. Over his last month, last 2 months and last 3 months that rank was 43, 31 and 41. He's been talked about a lot in the punting topics so I'm surprised I'm the one starting his 2017-2018 outlook. I didn't know much about Gary outside his nice stats and word of mouth but after watching the 1st half of the Denver Golden State preseason game I'm gonna be like Kevin Costner in Draft Day but on my post it note it's gonna read Gary Harris no matter what. He finished with 4 assists per game over the last month and if he Murray end up starting I can see that again, tonight there is no true point guard out there so hopefully Mudiay has a bad preseason and Murray starts for maximum Harris.

• Like 1

Mudiay posted decent numbers today...but that impacts Murray more than Harris.

In the 5th or 6th round I'm hopeful of landing GH as my primary SG

All other picks in the first 5 or 6 will be PGs or Bigs. 

I'd rather reach for guys like Jingles, Crabbe, RHJ, Prince etc in the later rounds then be hunting for PGs & Bigs

• Like 1

Gary Harris is already in a very select group of players. 

A 16pts, 50%FG, 1.7 3pt, 1.4 stl season has been done 3 times before (Kawhi, Durant, Curry). And those averages are only a slight uptick of what he's done the past season. 

He's clearly not on their level, but it shows how valuable he is. A guy he reminds me of somewhat is Hersey Hawkins. I don't know what ranking he had back in the day. Eddie Jones comes to mind, as well. I'd say, even if he does 15 pts / 48%fg, 1.7 3pts, 1.4 stl with his current ast/reb/ft numbers, he'd already be top 35. Basically, what he did in February, March and April. If he does that over the course of an entire season, he's top 35 in my book. (9 cat, H2H). 

from: http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/672103-the-treacherous-three-adding-3s-while-staying-competitive-in-fg/

• Like 2

I got him as my 9th round keeper, I think thats a great deal although his actual rankings last year in Yahoo 9 cat was in the 80's, he was injured a lot and hoping if he stays mostly healthy, he will be at least top 70... dont think he is really known as injury prone, yet.

Playing with two cerebral elite passing big men like Jokic and Millsap, I expect his fg% to easily remain above 50% with the backdoor layups and easy looks he will get.  That elite efficiency coupled with potentially 17 ppg, 1.4 steals and 3 assists,  I wouldn't be shocked to see him eclipse top 30 value in 9 cats this year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JMASTERJ said:

I got him as my 9th round keeper, I think thats a great deal although his actual rankings last year in Yahoo 9 cat was in the 80's, he was injured a lot and hoping if he stays mostly healthy, he will be at least top 70... dont think he is really known as injury prone, yet.

Leaning towards taking harris over avery bradley in my keeper league in the 10th  ... I figure if he returns 6-7th round value ..it'd be a win ... I could have avery b in the 9th ... might be a toss up

8 minutes ago, Bkswag said:

Leaning towards taking harris over avery bradley in my keeper league in the 10th  ... I figure if he returns 6-7th round value ..it'd be a win ... I could have avery b in the 9th ... might be a toss up

Garry Harris > A.Bradley

Those 2 players are very similar but Gary Harris is taller, younger, no major injury and improving every year and he is one of the few players that is close to 180 club. 

Edited by ber
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Targeting him HEAVY in round 6. Would be excellent for most builds, especially punt assist, in which he was top 40 last year if you disregard that cat. Just a beast. 

What? Gary has the ability to get 4 to 5 assist per game.

And it's no doubt he's gonna be playing 35+ minutes a night.

Edited by MONEY BALL

2 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Let's all just stop talking about Gary. I'm sure it's just because he was playing the Lakers...

But... It's the Gary thread! Haha, you don't want any more hype, do you!?

Scooped him up 74th overall, early round 6. I think that should be a lot closer to his floor than his ceiling.

3 minutes ago, tongs said:

But... It's the Gary thread! Haha, you don't want any more hype, do you!?

Scooped him up 74th overall, early round 6. I think that should be a lot closer to his floor than his ceiling.

For a guy that was top 35 after the ASB. Just crazy.

52 minutes ago, Kamura said:

After this game you might need a 5th round to get him in some really competitive leagues

I got him in the 5th in two of my competitive leagues before this game. Probably drafting closer to his ceiling rather than his floor, but I wasn't gonna miss out on this stud again (taken in the 6th in my other league)

2 hours ago, MONEY BALL said:

What? Gary has the ability to get 4 to 5 assist per game.

And it's no doubt he's gonna be playing 35+ minutes a night.

He is good and right now I think I rank him as a 5th round player, but he will probably not play 35+ minutes, because trend is going down - last season only 16 players played 35+ and nobody over 38 min. More realistic is that Harris get 32-34 minutes.

29 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

I feel like there's going to be a lot of inconsistency with this guy. But if you want to get him then it would probably cost you a 5th round pick in most competitive leagues

Dude, you clearly haven't owned Harris before. Injuries were a problem in the first half and so was playing time because Malone was chopping and changing like a madman (see Jokic). But go look at the 2nd half of last season and the season before. He is literally the MODEL of consistency. He averaged 53% from the field after the all star break as a SG dropping 2.2 threes a game!!! 53%!!! Check out his game log for Feb, March and April. I spent a turn of the 5/6th rounder on him and I think he is going to be one of my picks of the draft. I predict he is almost a lock for top 30 value

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

I feel like there's going to be a lot of inconsistency with this guy. But if you want to get him then it would probably cost you a 5th round pick in most competitive leagues

You are speaking absolute nonsense. Dude shoots like 50% from the field. Hes knockdown! 

• Like 1