NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

turner46

3 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

Glad an owner in my league panic dropped.. Lol i scooped him up after his dud and this has been lovely

Lmao what kind of scrubs are you playing with man, they dropped him after the ONE bad game he’s had all season?

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

much better than Tim Hardaway Jr!

their 2017 stats were super similar...

Interesting comparison.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Gary+Harris&player_id1_select=Gary+Harris&player_id1=harriga01&y1=2017&player_id2_hint=Tim+Hardaway&player_id2_select=Tim+Hardaway&y2=2017&player_id2=hardati02&idx=players

They were a lot closer than I thought.  The huge deal is the FG%, of course.  Then the next biggest difference between the two of them is assists and Harris is winning that comparison, too.  So the two categories that they're most different in are both in favor of Harris*.  Which is why people are talking maybe top 50 for Harris and maybe top 90 for Hardaway.

*Of course I'm ignoring that Hardaway was literally twice the shot blocker Harris was because really they're both negligible.

Edited by Tom Chambers
  • Like 1

Where's all the rankings complaints??

Gary Harris had a solid all-around game vs. the Knicks on Monday with 18 points, three assists, two rebounds, three steals, one block and four 3-pointers in 35 minutes.

He's showing why he was worth every penny of that four-year, $84 million extension. Harris finished 6-of-15 from the field and 2-of-2 from the line, and he's now scored 14+ points in four straight games with 12 3-pointers in that span. He's going strong with top-60 value in standard 9-category leagues and there's no reason why he can't keep this up.

If you say to be satisfied, I am clearly not. He don't help my team too much. I just saw he is only Top 60  rank, how it can be good?

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Haha 1

3 of  his last 4 games have been 18-point scoring games.. I'd gladly settle for less, but I have to wonder what those people who didn't think Gary could improve his scoring are thinking. 

I'll always buy on guys like Gary; solid defense, smart shot selection, lets the game come to him. Coaches will always find a way to get guys like that on the floor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

3 of  his last 4 games have been 18-point scoring games.. I'd gladly settle for less, but I have to wonder what those people who didn't think Gary could improve his scoring are thinking. 

I'll always buy on guys like Gary; solid defense, smart shot selection, lets the game come to him. Coaches will always find a way to get guys like that on the floor.

Yep. He's smart, unselfish, plays great defense and most importantly, keeps the movement going while Jokic handles the ball at the top of the key. I see too many guards and forwards just standing around, lazy or simply confused what to do when their big has the possession lol. It's not just about pick and rolls, but constant movement that Gary Harris does on the court that opens teammates up. While watching the last few games, I noticed GH and Jokic bailing out broken plays several times.

Good example is Rip Hamilton back in the day. And reggie if we wanna go a bit further. Smart smart players

• Like 4

Some people are such babies I swear.. instant gratification society. They panicked about this guy like 3 freaking games into the season.. 

FWIW since his 2 point dude:

4 games, 17 ppg, 2 boards, 2.5 assists, 2.2 steals, 3 threes per game, 45% FG, 80% FT

That FG% will uptick and he'll be back in a top 30-40 valuation for the season.. and this is with him not even playing at his full potential.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Where's all the rankings complaints??

Gary Harris had a solid all-around game vs. the Knicks on Monday with 18 points, three assists, two rebounds, three steals, one block and four 3-pointers in 35 minutes.

He's showing why he was worth every penny of that four-year, $84 million extension. Harris finished 6-of-15 from the field and 2-of-2 from the line, and he's now scored 14+ points in four straight games with 12 3-pointers in that span. He's going strong with top-60 value in standard 9-category leagues and there's no reason why he can't keep this up.

If you say to be satisfied, I am clearly not. He don't help my team too much. I just saw he is only Top 60  rank, how it can be good?

lol 54 in standard 9 cat, but since he's not really amazing at any one stat, he's not helpful.  Where is our football loving poster anyway? 

11 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

People really freaked out on this forum too, everyone starts second guessing their picks thinking that rotations have changed or guys are a different person this season.

Please don’t try and justify the stupidity of your league lol

no excuse for straight up dropping Gary Harris...

• Like 1