NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

turner46

10 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

Yep. He's smart, unselfish, plays great defense and most importantly, keeps the movement going while Jokic handles the ball at the top of the key. I see too many guards and forwards just standing around, lazy or simply confused what to do when their big has the possession lol. It's not just about pick and rolls, but constant movement that Gary Harris does on the court that opens teammates up. While watching the last few games, I noticed GH and Jokic bailing out broken plays several times.

Good example is Rip Hamilton back in the day. And reggie if we wanna go a bit further. Smart smart players

his midrange game was just deadly, and when you couple that with his movement it was no shock that he got so many open looks with that brilliant Detroit team. 

Edited by TheBoondocks

5 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

his midrange game was just deadly, and when you couple that with his movement it was no shock that he got so many open looks with that brilliant Detroit team. 

Yeh that detroit team...sheesh. Everyone knew their roles. No one was selfish and the ball kept on moving. 

• Like 1

Gary Harris is already in a very select group of players. 

A 16pts, 50%FG, 1.7 3pt, 1.4 stl season has been done 3 times before (Kawhi, Durant, Curry). And those averages are only a slight uptick of what he's done the past season. 

He's clearly not on their level, but it shows how valuable he is. A guy he reminds me of somewhat is Hersey Hawkins. I don't know what ranking he had back in the day. Eddie Jones comes to mind, as well. I'd say, even if he does 15 pts / 48%fg, 1.7 3pts, 1.4 stl with his current ast/reb/ft numbers, he'd already be top 35. Basically, what he did in February, March and April. If he does that over the course of an entire season, he's top 35 in my book. (9 cat, H2H). 

from: http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/672103-the-treacherous-three-adding-3s-while-staying-competitive-in-fg/

16.3 pts on 51%FG, 2.8 3pt, 2.0 stl so far. Ranked #31 overall on average. :wub:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Gary Harris is already in a very select group of players. 

A 16pts, 50%FG, 1.7 3pt, 1.4 stl season has been done 3 times before (Kawhi, Durant, Curry). And those averages are only a slight uptick of what he's done the past season. 

He's clearly not on their level, but it shows how valuable he is. A guy he reminds me of somewhat is Hersey Hawkins. I don't know what ranking he had back in the day. Eddie Jones comes to mind, as well. I'd say, even if he does 15 pts / 48%fg, 1.7 3pts, 1.4 stl with his current ast/reb/ft numbers, he'd already be top 35. Basically, what he did in February, March and April. If he does that over the course of an entire season, he's top 35 in my book. (9 cat, H2H). 

from: http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/672103-the-treacherous-three-adding-3s-while-staying-competitive-in-fg/

16.3 pts on 51%FG, 2.8 3pt, 2.0 stl so far. Ranked #31 overall on average. :wub:

Damn don't know what I was looking at, those were the averages for the last 7 days. These are his seaosn averages, after a slow start:

14.5 pts, 1.5 stl, 2.6 3pt on 50% fg. 

Even then, those 14 pts, 1.5 stl, 2.5 3pm or more at 50%fg have been done exactly three times - but nobody has done it for a full season, as Steph, Porter and Gary Harris are the ones averaging those numbers this season. Curious to see if anyone can do it for a full season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

It's not a reach if you draft him right in line with his ADP.

I got at 77th, his ranking was like 109th. I don't think many people had him on their radar that early because of his ADP. It's laughable. Yahoo made a mistake on that one haha

Edited by trusthaprocess

13 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I got at 77th, his ranking was like 109th. I don't think many people had him on their radar that early because of his ADP. It's laughable. Yahoo made a mistake on that one haha

Yahoo, ESPN, and all of those rankings are rubbish lol

Every year during the drafts, I am glad that those rankings fool the incompetents. 

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, danny__boy3 said:

Yall use BBM for rankings?

I prepare my drafts using BBM and http://www.fb-ninja.com/Ranking/.

Instead of using the upcoming year's projection provided by yahoo or espn,
I look last seasons stats and compare them to the current draft spots of players in Yahoo/ESPN. Then I try mock drafts and see which round I can snag players like Gary Harris and Aaron Gordon. (Tried so hard to get Otto Porter who I won with last year, but he ended up getting drafted right before my turn, and I picked Ibaka, smh)

Most importantly, I punt at least (1) category in 9-cat leagues so my team does not look like a mess with guys like James Harden and Dwight Howard on the same team, negating Harden's elite ft%s. I'm pretty sure I had guys like covington, porter, turner, porzingis, horford, and gobert higher than most. 

22 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

I prepare my drafts using BBM and http://www.fb-ninja.com/Ranking/.

Instead of using the upcoming year's projection provided by yahoo or espn,
I look last seasons stats and compare them to the current draft spots of players in Yahoo/ESPN. Then I try mock drafts and see which round I can snag players like Gary Harris and Aaron Gordon. (Tried so hard to get Otto Porter who I won with last year, but he ended up getting drafted right before my turn, and I picked Ibaka, smh)

Most importantly, I punt at least (1) category in 9-cat leagues so my team does not look like a mess with guys like James Harden and Dwight Howard on the same team, negating Harden's elite ft%s. I'm pretty sure I had guys like covington, porter, turner, porzingis, horford, and gobert higher than most. 

Same, and when you have a build and targets that suit it perfectly you simply have to reach. I'm punting assists this season and needed to get a high steals guy early, and taking Cov in the 4th round may have seemed like a reach to everyone in my league (they laughed at it during the draft), yet here I stand 3 weeks in, 3rd place, and with Covington returning 2nd round value without punting anything in H2H. 

Trust your own preparation. Trust the process. 

Edited by TheBoondocks