NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

13 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Saving me in the steals category

Me too. He always makes an impact in the stat category. If he's not scoring, he's getting steals and rebounds or assists. He's #35 in Yahoo, so he's having a hell of a year!

Edited by trusthaprocess
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you drop harris for anyone of those guys You'll lose your league

Posted Images

1 hour ago, crocp said:

Portis shot 62% fg.....he is a career shooter of 42% and averages 7pts a game...

It was a fluke game and he got hot. We saw this type of game once a month last year too from him...

calm down bro. Markakken is beyond fine. 

Bobby Portis also played behind Pau/Taj/Mirotic, and he is developing as a player as well. Just because you want to have a bias for Markkakken doesn't mean Bobby doesn't have an opportunity to force a time-share. Literally no need to be so defensive.

By the way Portis shot 48% last season so bringing up the career numbers of a 3rd year player is a bit shortsighted tbqh

4 minutes ago, Judicious said:

Bobby Portis also played behind Pau/Taj/Mirotic, and he is developing as a player as well. Just because you want to have a bias for Markkakken doesn't mean Bobby doesn't have an opportunity to force a time-share. Literally no need to be so defensive.

By the way Portis shot 48% last season so bringing up the career numbers of a 3rd year player is a bit shortsighted tbqh

I have no bias for Markakken....I don't own either....I just think the people are rushing and picking up Portis are fooling themselves. Dropping RHJ for Portis? hahahah...lol...He has had games like this once a month for 2 years now....next game will most likely be a dud....

• Like 1

Gary Harris said he's focusing most on getting to the free throw line more.

He said he's going to try to be more aggressive and just draw contact. So far this year, it has not gone well in that regard, attempting just seven free throws in his 343 minutes. Harris is a good shooter from the line with his 78.8 percent from the charity stripe, but he did go to the line just 2.4 times per game last year -- it also explains why his usage rate is fairly low. Even if he doesn't get to the line more than three times per game, Harris should still be viewed as a top-50 player when healthy.

Source: ESPN.com
Nov 8 - 4:52 PM
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Judicious said:

I offered Markakken for Harris two days ago, and the dude accepted right before the games started and Markkaken had his shots eaten by a returning Portis. My guess is he is regretting it, lol

but Markkanen still finished with a nice line, and if he has a need for the type of big man stats that Markkanen provides (essentially very similar to Kevin Love without the same name recognition, which is impressive for a rookie), then I can see his logic. Bigs are scarce, especially ones that can do waht Markkanen can. Nevertheless, I'd never pull the trigger on that deal myself even if I had a need for bigs and a plethora of guards. I'd just try to package Harris with someone else for a superior big man.

Good job on the "buy low" though!

12 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Me too. He always makes an impact in the stat category. If he's not scoring, he's getting steals and rebounds or assists. He's #35 in Yahoo, so he's having a hell of a year!

I thought I was also being carried in steals but Steve Adams is keeping my opponent afloat!

• Haha 1

To summarize his excellence...

Last 2 Weeks, Ranked:

#23 overall (9-cat)

#21 (punting assists)

#16 (punting points)

#16 (punting rebounds)

Numbers don't lie. 

rsz_1capture.jpg.cde771c16eca126ef116ba83cb97be71.jpg

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 2

Harris is for sure talented and that is why we expect big things...problem is, he just isn't assertive, he's content with his role as a 3rd-4th option and that sucks, they have to want it and get it!! He's in a horrible situation/team to truly put up bigger fantasy numbers...Too me he's like an Olidipo, if went to a different team that rebuilding or short of talent, his numbers would skyrocket, he's that good...

Edited by Starvela
Just now, Starvela said:

Harris is for sure talented and that is why we expect big things...problem is, he just isn't assertive, he's content with his role and a 3rd-4th option and that sucks...He's ina horrible situation/team to truly put up bigger fantasy numbers...Too me he's like an Olidipo, if went to a different team that rebuilding or short of talent, his numbers would skyrocket, he's that good...

I don't think so. I don't see that killer instinct in him. Like you said he seems content with his role...not assertive. Better player in real life that fantasy is what I see... hopefully I'm wrong. I'm waiting for a big game to sell

10 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Harris is for sure talented and that is why we expect big things...problem is, he just isn't assertive, he's content with his role as a 3rd-4th option and that sucks, they have to want it and get it!! He's in a horrible situation/team to truly put up bigger fantasy numbers...Too me he's like an Olidipo, if went to a different team that rebuilding or short of talent, his numbers would skyrocket, he's that good...

Did you just really compare Harris to Dipo? lol. 

13 minutes ago, IkeDola510 said:

Far and away? Will Barton says high... and I think he's a better player in real life. He can create off the dribble

That experiment has been tried multiple times.

Barton has always flourished as a spark plug off the bench.

Has always struggled when given opportunities with starting unit/increased MPG. 

Where do you think Harris came from? Minutes shedded away from Barton when he inevitably cratered. 

1 minute ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

That experiment has been tried multiple times.

Barton has always flourished as a spark plug off the bench.

Has always struggled when given opportunities with starting unit/increased MPG. 

Where do you think Harris came from? Minutes shedded away from Barton when he inevitably cratered. 

Watching them play I think Barton has been better. And I'm a big Gary Harris fan. Barton was been on point THIS year though.