NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

turner46

14 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Question is what offer will you sell him for?  I love this guy and can't seem to get him.  Offered JJ Redick+Marcus smart and get a insta reject + a F U message back.  Now Im scurrrrrred to make another offer.  Tell me how to get him!!!

hahahaha maybe try adding 3 more waiver guys in there, to form trash players Voltron and try to get Harris that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, socra7es said:

hahahaha maybe try adding 3 more waiver guys in there, to form trash players Voltron and try to get Harris that way.

Bro what league are you playing in where JJ reddick and marcus smart is on WW?  I get it, maybe not quiet snuff to get your sexy Garry Harris, but that was not a package of waiver wire.  Not nice man

Edited by JballFan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Bro what league are you playing in where JJ reddick and marcus smart is on WW?  I get it, maybe not quiet snuff to get your sexy Garry Harris, but that was not a package of waiver wire.  Not nice man

Ok more serious answer this time. Gary Harris is currently rank #36 and with Milsap being out for a while most are expecting him to do even better. I don't want to turn this into AC answer so I will let you figure out Reddick and Smart's value on your own.

30 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Marcus Smart is shooting 31% on the season, he's unrosterable.

I don't think i'd trade Gary for anything less than another top 40 guy

The problem with Gary is that he's never valued properly by people who don't have due to his lack of name recognition or flashy blowup games. So they throw junk and lowball offers, and balk like crazy when you throw back a more value based trade with more name recognition. 

IMO Gary's a guy you set and forget and enjoy the ride, unless someone throws something crazy at you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

The problem with Gary is that he's never valued properly by people who don't have due to his lack of name recognition or flashy blowup games. So they throw junk and lowball offers, and balk like crazy when you throw back a more value based trade with more name recognition. 

IMO Gary's a guy you set and forget and enjoy the ride, unless someone throws something crazy at you.

Amen. He doesn't hurt you anywhere, that's the beautiful thing about him. And he shoots 50% from the field! For a guard, that's outstanding. 

33 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

10 minutes ago, Ruspin Ruxin said:

After the Redick and Smart offer, that owner might not even look at your proposals anymore.

This. That offer was an incredible insult.

Gary Harris is pretty much untradable; those that truly value him have him on their team, those that don't will always send out low ball offers.

8 minutes ago, JballFan said:

What about rubies value compared to Harris?

Figure out what stats the guy you are trading too needs and offer him  a player on your team that give those stats and is ranked in the 30-50 range.

This is why some people never complete deals; you can't just offer some random offers in a vaccum without considering the other teams needs. 

14 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Where's @FootballFan101 to talk about this phenomena?  

There's more to life than looking at 14.3/2.7/2.5.

Harris isn't dominant in any one category, but he's a decent mid-to-late round guy who doesn't kill you in any category (although he's significantly better in 9 cat leagues than 8 cat leagues).  I drafted Harris at pick 89 in one league and he was killing me in October but he's been much better in November.

When Harris was struggling in October, I never said to drop him.  I said that he was still worth owning but that he was overhyped in the preseason and I wouldn't consider him a top 100 player.  Harris has certainly been better than I expected.  So if you want to say you were right and I was wrong about Harris being a top 100 player, fine, that's fair, you win that one.  However, you were even more wrong saying that Gorgui Dieng was still worth a 6th or 7th round pick following the pickup of Gibson.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:12 PM, FootballFan101 said:

Harris isn't dominant in any one category, but he's a decent mid-to-late round guy who doesn't kill you in any category (although he's significantly better in 9 cat leagues than 8 cat leagues).  I drafted Harris at pick 89 in one league and he was killing me in October but he's been much better in November.

When Harris was struggling in October, I never said to drop him.  I said that he was still worth owning but that he was overhyped in the preseason and I wouldn't consider him a top 100 player.  Harris has certainly been better than I expected.  So if you want to say you were right and I was wrong about Harris being a top 100 player, fine, that's fair, you win that one.  However, you were even more wrong saying that Gorgui Dieng was still worth a 6th or 7th round pick following the pickup of Gibson.

What the hell does that even mean, in what category is Giannis dominant? Harris is shooting 50% while scoring 2,5 3s per game, you can call that dominant cause there are couple of guys in the league that do that. Harris is extremely efficient, and will always be undervalued cause most of his value comes from efficiency, something like how Chris Paul was always underrated even though he was always one of the best fantasy players.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GmGodine said:

What the hell does that even mean, in what category is Giannis dominant? Harris is shooting 50% while scoring 2,5 3s per game, you can call that dominant cause there are couple of guys in the league that do that. Harris is extremely efficient, and will always be undervalued cause most of his value comes from efficiency, something like how Chris Paul was always underrated even though he was always one of the best fantasy players.

What he really wants to say is - he isn't dominant in points / rebounds / assists.

49-50%+ SG on 10 attempts is an exclusive club featuring only Bojan Bogdanovic (fluke), Harris prior to his bad shooting performance last game (matter of time before he hits 50% again), Jordan Clarkson, Tyreke Evans (fluke), Jonathon Simmons, and Darius Miller. 

In fact, if you take out Bojan's fluke, Harris is by far the most impactful SG on FG% in the entire league. His steals (1.8) currently have him sitting 13th overall in the entire league. He has the second lowest TO of all SGs ranked inside the top 40 (only Klay Thompson is better), and he's tied for 14th best among all SG elig players with his 2.4 3's. He's elite.

Lastly, if we eliminate all SGs who have PG elig and only look at SG / SF elig players, he's 20th overall in assists. So it's not horrible, but it's not great, either. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

I didn't say that about Dieng and that's why I didn't draft him in a single league.  The point is no one cares about someone being dominant in a single stat. That's not what fantasy basketball is about. 

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

I didn't say that about Dieng

Funny you say that because here is a verbatim quote you made on Dieng's forum: "The concern with Dieng here isn't that he's undraftable or something, but that he went from round 4-5 to round 6-7 if he's behind Taj in the rotation."

Edited by FootballFan101

9 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Funny you say that because here is a verbatim quote you made on Dieng's forum: "The concern with Dieng here isn't that he's undraftable or something, but that he went from round 4-5 to round 6-7 if he's behind Taj in the rotation."

Okay?  I said he dropped.  I was arguing that he dropped.  You just argued that he should drop even farther?  Who cares, the people who were drafting him were doing so earlier.

But this is the Gary Harris thread and the conversation here is about how you and other people can't look beyond popcorn stats and say goofy s--- like "He won't be a top 100 player because he's not elite at anything" and do goofy things like trade him for Favors.  People that fundamentally don't understand fantasy basketball and how it works.  Remember when you gave us Gary's ranking  when it was like 140 and everyone laughed at you and two days later it was like 60?  He's still not elite at anything.  But that really doesn't matter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

But this is the Gary Harris thread and the conversation here is about how you and other people can't look beyond popcorn stats and say goofy s---

Whatever the conversation here is, it needs to become a lot less antagonistic right now.  Make your points without questioning others' motives, attacking them, and implying that other people "don't understand fantasy basketball."

• Thanks 1

This isn't the Favors thread, the Dieng thread, the trade analysis thread, or the "I'm better at fantasy basketball than you" thread. There are few things less interesting than pages of petty bickering over inconsistent posts. Move on...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1