NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Sold Fournier for him. I’m sick of the dude being soft with his ankle and all he does is score. It’s good to be onboard the train boys. Lookin forward to those steals

Wow you won that trade big time. Fournier is so mediocre

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you drop harris for anyone of those guys You'll lose your league

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Wow you won that trade big time. Fournier is so mediocre

It’s a relief to hear that. And yeah I was gettin sick of him just getting me points. Gonna try to make a play for more dudes like Harris 

4 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

It’s a relief to hear that. And yeah I was gettin sick of him just getting me points. Gonna try to make a play for more dudes like Harris 

Harris is so underrated. People sleep on him because his numbers aren't the flashiest, but the 15+ points on great efficiency, and 2+ triples and steals make him an ace in the hole for many winning teams.

3 minutes ago, Mutill said:

Will his usage go down with Jokic back? Thinking of trading him + someone like Dinwiddie for Horford.

Jokic coming back might reduce his usage a little but it will only improve his efficiency. Their chemistry is unreal.

• Like 1

His highlights today were ridiculous.. he's really expanded his dribble drive game completely.

I don't think people understand, this isn't a guy who could attack the defense like a premier scoring guard before, he would show off some athletic plays but he was completely a straight line drive guy who would go when the defense was running at him on the 3 point line and he caught their momentum off. 

Several plays here he splits the defense, that one on one sequence with Brown was insane. Brown is clearly one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, he was all over him for the entire possession and Gary never passed it out and reset the play, that's an alpha dog play right there - mano-a-mano, and he tricks him with a half spin and goes baseline for the reverse and1 with the help defender, crazy stuff.

This is one of the best defensive teams in the league he's doing it against too.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
19 minutes ago, Mutill said:

Will his usage go down with Jokic back? Thinking of trading him + someone like Dinwiddie for Horford.

As an owner of harris and horford in a deep 16 man league there is no way i will not trade horford for harris+dinwiddie

31 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

His highlights today were ridiculous.. he's really expanded his dribble drive game completely.

I don't think people understand, this isn't a guy who could attack the defense like a premier scoring guard before, he would show off some athletic plays but he was completely a straight line drive guy who would go when the defense was running at him on the 3 point line and he caught their momentum off. 

Several plays here he splits the defense, that one on one sequence with Brown was insane. Brown is clearly one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, he was all over him for the entire possession and Gary never passed it out and reset the play, that's an alpha dog play right there - mano-a-mano, and he tricks him with a half spin and goes baseline for the reverse and1 with the help defender, crazy stuff.

This is one of the best defensive teams in the league he's doing it against too.

The moves at 1:30 and 2:02....uuuunngghh

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I don't think people understand, this isn't a guy who could attack the defense like a premier scoring guard before

Sigh. Don't know why this is the third time I'm telling you this, but all of this driving potential was plain to see in college. Harris is out there to win. If that meant scoring 22 every night he'd be doing it. Nobody should be surprised that this dude is capable of dropping 36.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Even before watching the video I knew exactly which movie you were talking about against Brown, that was NASTY. That's the kind of stuff that elite SGs like CJ and Beal pull off. 

Not saying our boy is there yet, but anyone can see that he's not that far off and given some time he IS getting to that level. His defense is already better, and the offense is growing too

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Sigh. Don't know why this is the third time I'm telling you this, but all of this driving potential was plain to see in college. Harris is out there to win. If that meant scoring 22 every night he'd be doing it. Nobody should be surprised that this dude is capable of dropping 36.

I fully read all of his college scouting reports, they all said he's a straight line drive guy, you can watch his DX videos - everything.

He didn't have a fully developed dribble handle game, a lot of this is new, and yes I saw your messages. Driving potential and doing it on a consistent level every game is not the same thing. 

Aaron Gordon also flashed handles in highschool and college, and yet all of his scouting reports and comparisons came out with a lot of 'Kenneth Faried' comparisons. A tweener who rebounds the ball well and bangs down low. All of a sudden he's got a killer pull-up game, catch and shoot game, and is taking guys with behind the back dribbles coast to coast. 

I watched a lot of Nuggets games the past three years because I'm a huge Barton fan and I love Malone's offensive style since he took over, and I always loved watching them under George Karl, they gave him plenty of curl touches and touches on the perimeter and he couldn't do this, he'd just pass it back out and go set up somewhere for a shot. Even the RW blurb joked (and I paraphrase) that he finally didn't need someone to pass it to him like last year to get his points. 

Drummond's highschool highlights show an Amare Stoudemire like power forward who can handle and pass like a point guard, go coast to coast and do spin moves and behind the back passes, you've never seen him once do that in the NBA. 

Edited by Lifschitz
2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Even before watching the video I knew exactly which movie you were talking about against Brown, that was NASTY. That's the kind of stuff that elite SGs like CJ and Beal pull off. 

Not saying our boy is there yet, but anyone can see that he's not that far off and given some time he IS getting to that level. His defense is already better, and the offense is growing too

ha yeah I actually thought exactly of CJ when I saw him do that. 

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Per NBADraft.net - and I don't give a f--- that people here say they think their reports are off - they are really bang on with a lot of my own assessments - these are his weaknesses listed which is what I've mentioned here all along (they mentioned that one of his best abilities is attacking closeouts):

Probably not going to factor very much getting to the rim and finishing amongst the trees, pretty vanilla as a creator when looking to slash … Won’t get a lot of finishes above the rim, though he will surprise at times ... At times has to settle for tough jumpers because he doesn’t have the handle or speed to consistently break down a defense 

another report:

: Needs to improve as a ball handler. Often has a loose handle ... At 6'4", is a bit undersized for a shooting guard, his most natural position ... Could improve his efficiency inside the three-point line and become more consistent on mid-range jumpers ... Not a great off-the-ball player, Harris needs to use screens better to get open for shots ... While being a very solid prospect without a sizable basement, his ceiling is not as great as some other prospects ...

31 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

i do, and even got a few "LOL"s in draft chat when i "reached" for him in the 5th round.

who's laughin now suckers

Same here. I got Gaz off the wire for $2 last season in an auction keeper when a contenting team w/ loads of injuries had to drop him to roster a full team.  Got LOL'd in chat when asked why in the world I released a $40 Klay back into the draft pool to make room for Gary Harris (who I have for $3 in a punt pts build mind you).  Of course this is the same league that gave me s--- for dealing a hot (pre-injury) Mike Conley for a hurt CP3 and said "don't be n'dumba" when I chased Clint Capela, so I kind of take their flack as confirmation that I'm on the right side.

Edited by ragrag

^ I drafted him 4th round, I fully expected him to be at the same valuation by season's end; I didn't think his 17 / 3 / 3 / 1.4 post break stats last year were a fluke, I actually thought he'd build off of them for an entire season. I didn't want anyone else to have him for that exact reason. Felt like I was getting a Beal / CJ type at a discount 2 rounds later.

What's scary isn't just the steals and 3's, we expected that, it's the fact he's suddenly putting up crazy assist numbers, and a career high in blocks. 

His december average is disgusting: 19 / 4 / 4.6 / 2.1  - almost 86% FT from the line on 3 attempts, and 2 3's per game. What's even scarier? He's shooting 28% on 3's this month on 6.6 attempts.. the first two months he shot 45% and 42.6% respectively on 5.7 attempts.. that means he actually has an even higher scoring ceiling than this because he's always been an incredible 3 point shooter and is simply cold from distance over this month. So imagine if he gets the same number of shots moving forward (bumped up to 16 FGA from 11 the first 2 months), and then he starts nailing his 3's again, you're looking at a low to mid 20's scorer the rest of the way. 

• Like 2