NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

turner46

27 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Even without BBM rankings, one look at the stats should tell you that Harris is playing as good if not better than cj. In the last 30 days cj is scoring 1.4 more ppg than Harris but Harris is shooting better fg and has 1.7 more steals - this is where his value is coming from as steals are one of the harder cats to obtain

Exactly, 1.7 steals >>>>> 1.4 points. 

On 12/20/2017 at 3:29 PM, fabrar said:

Even without BBM rankings, one look at the stats should tell you that Harris is playing as good if not better than cj. In the last 30 days cj is scoring 1.4 more ppg than Harris but Harris is shooting better fg and has 1.7 more steals - this is where his value is coming from as steals are one of the harder cats to obtain

They're not, certainly not harder to obtain that points.

Denver is really hit or miss some times.. at times they look like the best offense in the league, the ball doesn't touch the floor and everyone is hitting their shots and flowing.. then other times Murray just hangs onto the ball for entire possessions and Jokic stands in the high post ball faking for the entirety of the shot clock and no one is moving around.

Just now, rush007 said:

Harris is going through another rough stretch again. He's only no.57 in the last month. Here's to hoping he'll get better as season progresses.

I consider it a buy low if anything.

This happens pretty much to anyone who's not a top 10 player, that's why their rankings waver. 

• Like 1

"Only 57" haha and I drafted him as the 77th pick...I watched the game yesterday, Barton and Murray were hogging the ball most of the time, Chandler was forcing the issue, it was just a crappy game by Denver, I don't know how they got to OT. W/O Barton, they would have been blown out...but despite that, Gary still had 6 assists. Steals would  have been nice, but Jimmy Butler doesn't turn over the ball often. I'm chalking it up to an off game. He doesn't have name value, so it's nearly impossible to deal him for fair value. I'm holding tight on him. Only him and Porzingis are left from my original roster. 

12 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

"Only 57" haha and I drafted him as the 77th pick...I watched the game yesterday, Barton and Murray were hogging the ball most of the time, Chandler was forcing the issue, it was just a crappy game by Denver, I don't know how they got to OT. W/O Barton, they would have been blown out...but despite that, Gary still had 6 assists. Steals would  have been nice, but Jimmy Butler doesn't turn over the ball often. I'm chalking it up to an off game. He doesn't have name value, so it's nearly impossible to deal him for fair value. I'm holding tight on him. Only him and Porzingis are left from my original roster. 

Life doesn't roll around you, dude. I did not draft him as the 77th pick. I traded for him. That's irrelevant information. 

I am just referring to his recent slide (due to a few off games), that's it. And I'm hoping he'll pick it up, as well.

12 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Life doesn't roll around you, dude. I did not draft him as the 77th pick. I traded for him. That's irrelevant information. 

I am just referring to his recent slide (due to a few off games), that's it. And I'm hoping he'll pick it up, as well.

There’s a lot of ppl who treat their fantasy player as their client.  As if they are their agent or something.  Super defensive.  Should check out the Ricky Rubio thread.  Rubio has about 100 agents in their explaining why he is the most gifted passer who avg 4 asst and 3 TO.  It’s laughable 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JballFan said:

There’s a lot of ppl who treat their fantasy player as their client.  As if they are their agent or something.  Super defensive.  Should check out the Ricky Rubio thread.  Rubio has about 100 agents in their explaining why he is the most gifted passer who avg 4 asst and 3 TO.  It’s laughable 

You disregarding 6 years and judging only by 2 months on a new team is laughable. Seriously laughable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RipCity0 said:

You disregarding 6 years and judging only by 2 months on a new team is laughable. Seriously laughable.

I agree, Rubio is a great passer :) He's in an uncomfortable situation where Mitchell is running the show. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

9 hours ago, rush007 said:

I get you, I'm just tired of overrated players like Wiggins and Jaylen Brown getting recognition over this guy. He's been a top 40-50 fantasy player all year, and he doesn't wow you in anything, but he's steady. And that's valuable in fantasy. I would take him as the 57th ranked player over those 2 any day off the week.

7 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I get you, I'm just tired of overrated players like Wiggins and Jaylen Brown getting recognition over this guy. He's been a top 40-50 fantasy player all year, and he doesn't wow you in anything, but he's steady. And that's valuable in fantasy. I would take him as the 57th ranked player over those 2 any day off the week.

I don’t mind it one bit. Please, let them roster Jaylen and Wiggins and think they are better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

I don’t mind it one bit. Please, let them roster Jaylen and Wiggins and think they are better. 

This. 

In my roto auction league I snagged Gazz for 8 dollars and Wiggins went for double at 16. Not surprisingly my team is in first and his team is dead and buried in last.

Please I hope guys keep getting wowed every year by Wiggins 20ppg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

This. 

In my roto auction league I snagged Gazz for 8 dollars and Wiggins went for double at 16. Not surprisingly my team is in first and his team is dead and buried in last.

Please I hope guys keep getting wowed every year by Wiggins 20ppg.

Right on brotha...I was that guy last year, wow'd by Wiggins PPG average. I didn't know that he didn't bring much else to the table. I learned from my mistake this year and selected Gary instead. And it looks to be the right move as of now, and will probably be for ROS. 

20 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Right on brotha...I was that guy last year, wow'd by Wiggins PPG average. I didn't know that he didn't bring much else to the table. I learned from my mistake this year and selected Gary instead. And it looks to be the right move as of now, and will probably be for ROS. 

You get your popcorn stats in the early rounds so that you can pass on bums like Wiggins when they come up. I want my scoring and assists taken care of (and preferably blocks) so that I'm drafting Top 90, efficient guys 5 rounds later than they should be getting taken. 

• Like 2