Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you drop harris for anyone of those guys You'll lose your league

Posted Images

I watched some DownToBuck videos of him and Jokic earlier and man, mind meld is right between the two of them. Their two-man game is so slick it's like watching pinball.

 

I had him last season and he wasn't rated highly as a defender based on advanced metrics. He's about the same size as Bradley without the length? I feel like they have the same game as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

just snipped him at pick 71. now have him in every league

 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YFj9F0bOGFg

 

 

So many people on here are going to be thinking WTF is that group of guys in white pijamas and some in helmets doing with that little pink ball...let alone WTF is nice Gary ??? (the guy they are talking about isn't even called Gary...lmao)

 

Never though thought I'd see a cricket shout out in a fantasy hoops blog

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

So many people on here are going to be thinking WTF is that group of guys in white pijamas and some in helmets doing with that little pink ball...let alone WTF is nice Gary ??? (the guy they are talking about isn't even called Gary...lmao)

 

Never though thought I'd see a cricket shout out in a fantasy hoops blog

 

I don't know what's worse, the video or the fact he said 'snipped him at 71', I didn't know Gary Harris converted

 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually drafted Aaron Gordon at 67 and a mate knew I was going to take Gaz with my next pick so he sniped me (he got Gaz at 82). 

 

I know I shouldn't have waited but I ended up trading Gordon for Harris. Gordon breakout looks imminent but my love for Gaz is real. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dboywong said:

I actually drafted Aaron Gordon at 67 and a mate knew I was going to take Gaz with my next pick so he sniped me (he got Gaz at 82). 

 

I know I shouldn't have waited but I ended up trading Gordon for Harris. Gordon breakout looks imminent but my love for Gaz is real. 

 

I have massive respect for that amount of Gaz love!

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

 

I have massive respect for that amount of Gaz love!

The feels are real. 

 

Our league is the standard 9 categories plus double doubles and 3pt% so I thought Gaz would fit the team perfectly. 

 

Seeing AG kill it in every preseason game is a bit sad, but I look at my 6x4 framed photo of Gaz on my bedside table and everything is alright. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rbra4176 said:

Think he'll average 20?

 

Good question but likely no due to having other studs in the team like jokic, sap, Murray, etc. 17-18 ppg is my projection but I wouldn't completely rule out him averaging 20 if he really busts out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think closer to 16.5 is the realistic projection, 17-18 is the 'surprising' bust out projection, and 20 ppg is the 'oh my god I'm going to win my league' projection.

 

Too many scorers and ball handlers in the lineup for him to achieve 20 ppg imo. He could do it if he really goes nuts on 3's this season though (let's say to the tune of 3 a game).

 

My personal projection: 16.5 / 3 / 3 / 1.2 and 2 3's per game on 50% FG and 82% FT (I think he's slowly going to become more elite at 3's and FT%  with each season).

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I think closer to 16.5 is the realistic projection, 17-18 is the 'surprising' bust out projection, and 20 ppg is the 'oh my god I'm going to win my league' projection.

 

Too many scorers and ball handlers in the lineup for him to achieve 20 ppg imo. He could do it if he really goes nuts on 3's this season though (let's say to the tune of 3 a game).

 

My personal projection: 16.5 / 3 / 3 / 1.2 and 2 3's per game on 50% FG and 82% FT (I think he's slowly going to become more elite at 3's and FT%  with each season).

 

Agreed.  But you have to love the %s, those are crazy elite for a guard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's a stretch to think he's a top 5 SG right now.

 

In order: Harden/Klay/Butler/DeMar/??

 

Wade is past his prime.

Beal/CJ/Booker are debatable, but are all defensive liabilities. I can see a rationale behind any of these 3 in that order over Harris, but factoring in 2 way play/efficiency/RPM/advanced metrics (you get the picture), it's not as close imo.

Middleton/Bradley/LaVine are all a tier below.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rank Harris JUST outside the top 5. Harden/Klay/Butler/DeMar/CJ are your big dogs imo and Beal, although a defensive liability, is a monster on offense. Harris just behind these guys and catching up, and I fully expect him to make another jump and be in the conversation for top 5

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...