NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Harris will be fine. I think now is a good time for a reminder on the type of player GH is. Harris isnt, and probably will never be a 18-20 ppg volume scorer. He isnt Cj McCollum or Bradley Beal and is more of a complimentary piece. Its just not in his makeup (and thats a good thing for his value). The reason why his efficiency is so elite is because he doesn't force the action and forsake making sounds basketball players for counting stats production. He's almost always going to make the right basketball play. Last night he exhibited a nice floor game and made some goo, solid and savvy plays,. Plays that most 23 year old guards dont make. Harris will have games like last night from time to time. That being said I have no doubt he'll beat last years numbers in all counting stats with substantially comparable efficiency. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you drop harris for anyone of those guys You'll lose your league

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

You're gonna regret that so bad

I have players like Dejounte Murray, Justin Holiday and RHJ on the wire. I will give Harris some time, but while he's a good pick in deeper leagues he's barely rosterable in shallow leagues (10 teams or less) at the moment. Efficiency is nice, but it's not much help when he takes 7 shots a game.

9 minutes ago, tallball said:

I have players like Dejounte Murray, Justin Holiday and RHJ on the wire. I will give Harris some time, but while he's a good pick in deeper leagues he's barely rosterable in shallow leagues (10 teams or less) at the moment. Efficiency is nice, but it's not much help when he takes 7 shots a game.

Felt like your team is in trouble when one player on your team is not playing well. go ahead and drop harris, I'm sure some managers in your league will be happy if you do.

1 hour ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

If you drop harris for anyone of those guys You'll lose your league

Haha. Everybody should definitely hold onto Harris but itchy trigger fingers and frustration drops win leagues as often as they lose them. 

1 minute ago, bdy1 said:

Haha. Everybody should definitely hold onto Harris but itchy trigger fingers and frustration drops win leagues as often as they lose them. 

They most certainly do not unless you did zero prep for your draft and just wandered into it picking names that you liked.  

Which, if you did, you're almost certainly not reading this now. 

For example, there might be people who won their league last year that dropped or traded away Covington while he was bad the first six weeks or something,  sure.  But they didn't win BECAUSE they did that.  They won IN SPITE of it.

And most people that did that and things like that just plain lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am playing in two leagues (standard 12 and deep 20) and Harris is right now the most disappointing pick among players I drafted in TOP100. Because I own him at deep league, I obviously can't drop him (in this kind of leagues even players like Rose and Snell are not droppable), but I am worried. I hoped much better than I have gotten so far. Last season he finished 15/3/3, 2 threes, 1,3 steals and 50/78%. I don't think these numbers are worth TOP50, but because of hype I hoped him to improve these numbers a bit (like 18/4/4). Now I doubt it will happen.

6 minutes ago, apatas said:

I am playing in two leagues (standard 12 and deep 20) and Harris is right now the most disappointing pick among players I drafted in TOP100. Because I own him at deep league, I obviously can't drop him (in this kind of leagues even players like Rose and Snell are not droppable), but I am worried. I hoped much better than I have gotten so far. Last season he finished 15/3/3, 2 threes, 1,3 steals and 50/78%. I don't think these numbers are worth TOP50, but because of hype I hoped him to improve these numbers a bit (like 18/4/4). Now I doubt it will happen.

Its early. Harris will be fine. He's a main part of that offense and I think it's only time where he gets a lot of open looks because he plays with Milsap and Jokic

i can't believe the amount of impatience this year with players, including Gary Harris.  

on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most concerned, I am literally a 1.  I expect him to have a very solid game today and build off of it with the games after that.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, V/B Boys said:

i can't believe the amount of impatience this year with players, including Gary Harris.  

on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most concerned, I am literally a 1.  I expect him to have a very solid game today and build off of it with the games after that.  

Exactly, i own Lowry and Harris and people are so impatient and i am just casually laying and thinking, if they're healthy, they're gonna bi fine. In Lowry thread there's a guy who think Lonzo is gonna be a better fantasy player than Lowry this season cause Lowry had a bit of a slow start. Here guys are dropping, i held Gary Harris last year first couple of weeks when he was injured cause i know what kind of player he is and what i am getting. I started slow but at the end he was one of the players who carried me to the 2nd place at the end of the regular season. I own him this year aswell and as you already said, not, concerned, at, all

He's an expected top 50 guy who had one bad game in the first week of the season. Dropping shouldn't even be close to a consideration, there is no league shallow enough to drop Harris right now. These are the no brainer decisions that separate good fantasy players from very poor ones.

9 minutes ago, GmGodine said:

Exactly, i own Lowry and Harris and people are so impatient and i am just casually laying and thinking, if they're healthy, they're gonna bi fine. In Lowry thread there's a guy who think Lonzo is gonna be a better fantasy player than Lowry this season cause Lowry had a bit of a slow start. Here guys are dropping, i held Gary Harris last year first couple of weeks when he was injured cause i know what kind of player he is and what i am getting. I started slow but at the end he was one of the players who carried me to the 2nd place at the end of the regular season. I own him this year aswell and as you already said, not, concerned, at, all

I did the same thing, except I dropped him after a month, saw someone else use their waiver to pick him up as he just then began to string good games together, and lost to that very same guy in the finals as he rode the Gary Harris train for most of the season. That s**t hurt. 

Gary Harris and Joe Ingles are putting up similar stats.

Screenshot_20171025-114218-494x257.jpg.c82e7d335d79f1e19f6a445fa4aba391.jpg

Yes. Harris has more TOs, 0.8 less stls, 1.3 less threes, but the difference in ranking is Ingles #22 to Harris #147.

GH is not going to avg 2.7 TOs a game.

Ingles is not making 3.3 threes per game throughout the season. Gary Harris isnt likely to be this years ADP steals like Gordon or Vucevic, but will end the season around where he was most drafted. I dont ever reach for guys like Harris in drafts because the "efficiency guys" usually fall in drafts due to their stats looking less sexy. We value pick them after considering who's left in the draft. 

It really helps to have a SG on your team that shoots 50% fg, 1.9 3s, 1.2 stls, and 1.3 TOs (last season avg). I laughed when I saw THJr ahead of GH in ESPN draft ranking this year. Be patient.. i guarantee there will be waiver wire wolves waiting for you to panic drop Harris in 10 team leagues.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, V/B Boys said:

The same ish was happening in fantasy baseball threads. It's fantasy football that causes people like this to overreact so wildly after just a few games.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, V/B Boys said:

Interesting. I am not at 10, but at least 6-7 of concerned scale. If one game doesn't mean anything, then three games is already a trend. Look today, I don't expect good game from him.

6 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

The same ish was happening in fantasy baseball threads. It's fantasy football that causes people like this to overreact so wildly after just a few games.

Exactly.  Also I think DFS has compounded the fantasy football mentality.  When people lose real $ on DFS, they lose their patience and logic.

4 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Man... he's struggling! 

Gary Harris simply is not very good at anything.  There's not really any one category where he is going to give you a huge boost in.  At best, Harris is ok to use as your worst starter hoping that he won't really kill you in anything, but anyone who drafted Harris inside the top 100 expecting more is going to really regret it.    There's no way on earth he's going to match last year's production.

• Haha 5