NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Harris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

turner46

i'm watching the game right now, and the whole nuggets offense looks pathetic.

turnovers after turnovers.

i have jokic as well and guys like mudiay and barton are chucking bricks and airballs.

mike malone looks so frustrated 

5 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Gary Harris simply is not very good at anything.  There's not really any one category where he is going to give you a huge boost in.  At best, Harris is ok to use as your worst starter hoping that he won't really kill you in anything, but anyone who drafted Harris inside the top 100 expecting more is going to really regret it.    There's no way on earth he's going to match last year's production.

Yeah man he really, really sucks.  Dropped in all leagues.  I mean all of last year was a total fluke.  This year's 3 game sample size trumps everything he did all of last year and his whole career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, El_Chingon said:

Yeah man he really, really sucks.  Dropped in all leagues.  I mean all of last year was a total fluke.  This year's 3 game sample size trumps everything he did all of last year and his whole career.

Take a look at his stats from last year.  There wasn't any one category where he had that huge of a positive influence.  1.8 3PTs would probably be his best category.

And I don't see him repeating last year, now that Denver has more options on offense, especially Millsap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Already 4.

5 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

There wasn't any one category where he had that huge of a positive influence.  1.8 3PTs would probably be his best category.

When people say "glue guy" in fantasy, that's what they mean.

And I don't see him repeating last year, now that Denver has more options on offense, especially Millsap.

They lost Gallinari and gained Millsap...

• Like 2

Just now, Tom Chambers said:

When people say "glue guy" in fantasy, that's what they mean.

They lost Gallinari and gained Millsap...

Gallinari was always injured so that's not really a fair comparison.

People said Dieng was a "glue guy" last year.  How's that working out this year?

Harris is not super talented at anything and players like that need a lot to go right to have good fantasy years.  If Harris was on the waiver wire, would I pick him up?  Yes.  Would I draft him in the top 100 though?  Definitely not.

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

No one said drop. Just an overhyped player that we all bought into. He may end up okay but valuing him a top 60 player was wrong. He should been drafted 80-120 range 

Yep, adding another great passing big man like Millsap will just kill his value.  He might get even more open looks once the team gels and they learn to play together.  Oh wait....

Just now, FootballFan101 said:

Gallinari was always injured so that's not really a fair comparison.

People said Dieng was a "glue guy" last year.  How's that working out this year?

Harris is not super talented at anything and players like that need a lot to go right to have good fantasy years.  If Harris was on the waiver wire, would I pick him up?  Yes.  Would I draft him in the top 100 though?  Definitely not.

So do you know what glue guy means or not?  You wouldn't draft Harris in the top 100?  That's a mistake.

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

No one said drop. Just an overhyped player that we all bought into. He may end up okay but valuing him a top 60 player was wrong. He should been drafted 80-120 range 

Of course not drop, but I already regret I drafted him #59. Not only hype, but also some good preseason games were a reason to believe him.

Edited by apatas

Just now, Tom Chambers said:

So do you know what glue guy means or not?  You wouldn't draft Harris in the top 100?  That's a mistake.

Yeah, clearly I've been wrong about not drafting Harris in the top 100 (sarcasm).  His current rank is 147 and that's not even including tonight's dud. 

And also clearly you've been right about Dieng putting up 6th and 7th round value and there being no concern about him being undraftable.  I mean Dieng's current rank is 280; that's such great value in the 6th or 7th round.

3 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Yeah, clearly I've been wrong about not drafting Harris in the top 100 (sarcasm).  His current rank is 147 and that's not even including tonight's dud. 

And also clearly you've been right about Dieng putting up 6th and 7th round value and there being no concern about him being undraftable.  I mean Dieng's current rank is 280; that's such great value in the 6th or 7th round.

lmao?

I'm reading your name: do you actually think this is football and the season is a third over?

Edited by Tom Chambers
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Take a look at his stats from last year.  There wasn't any one category where he had that huge of a positive influence.  1.8 3PTs would probably be his best category.

Last year he's a SG with 15pt, 1.9 threes, on 50%+ FG, and only 1.3 TO.  It's a game of team balance, his value is in getting you decent points, good threes, while actually helping your FG and doesn't hurt your TO.  Good with that.

If he can repeat last year I'm good.. no wild hopes of improvement.

Ahhh early season overreaction...gotta love it. For anyone interested in acquiring Gary Harris, the panicked owners in this thread should be an indicator that you can buy low on Gary, and probably for very cheap. Act now before it's too late.

• Like 2