Week 5 - Waiver Wire Touts

phatrat

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Spina said:

Confirmed: Josh Gordon IS in Cleveland right now, per many people on Twitter

Hoping we don't hear anything until Wednesday. I had to drop him for a QB this week. Don't really feel like using the #2 claim on him. 

40 minutes ago, Spina said:

Confirmed: Josh Gordon IS in Cleveland right now, per many people on Twitter

I traded Gordon for Rishard Matthews last weekend and was feeling good about it.  Not feeling so good now with Mariota's injury.

Still though, that Browns passing game is looking pretty atrocious and even if Gordon were back and starting at his peak form I'm not sure I'd want to start him.

I think he hold more trade value than "real" value.

27 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I traded Gordon for Rishard Matthews last weekend and was feeling good about it.  Not feeling so good now with Mariota's injury.

Still though, that Browns passing game is looking pretty atrocious and even if Gordon were back and starting at his peak form I'm not sure I'd want to start him.

I think he hold more trade value than "real" value.

was the passing game ever good when he was there? 

I'm assuming guys like Kamara are already taken...

1. Latavius Murray (Clearest path to starters reps among this group)

2. Aaron Jones (Should be starter for 1-3 weeks with potential to win big part of backfield. Unquestionably better in between tackles runner than Ty-Mont)

3. Alex Collins (Looks explosive but fumbling problems and horrible offense are concerning)

4. Wayne Gallman (Lots of RB's on roster -- bad offense, but could become feature back)

5. Will Fuller (Looked great yesterday but I don't see him exceeding flex status this year)

6 . Andre Ellington (High floor low ceiling  RB3 in PPR)

My Order as of now (not very confident)

1.) Murray

2.) Gallman

3.) Fuller

4.) Alex Collins

5.) Eddie Lacy if dropped

6.) Elijah McGuire

7.) Ellington

8.)Aaron Jones

9.) Seattle Scat backs (mckissic/prosise) dart throw

gonna be an interesting WW week to say the least

Man - the fantasy gods are cruel.

Going from Dalvin Cook to Murray is like dating Gal Gadot for a solid 4 weeks and then trading her in for a 50 year old meth head with missing teeth.

Collins - pray that he holds onto the ball but looks very, very good as a runner

Geronimo Allison - If Adams is out, should be a solid FLEX play in a potential shootout with Dallas.

JuJu Smith-Schuster.

This guy has looked really good this season, and is getting red zone looks.

If there's any injuries to Bryant or Brown, this guy has tremendous value. I think you could do worse with a bye week fill in or bench stash.

Edited by Bingo Bandanas

16 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

JuJu Smith-Schuster.

This guy has looked really good this season, and is getting red zone looks.

If there's any injuries to Bryant or Brown, this guy has tremendous value. I think you could do worse with a bye week fill in or bench stash.

This guy is underrated in surprised he is flying under the radar, wouldn't shock me if he end up more valuable then Bryant  

RE: Rawls/Lacy.  Pete hinted that Rawls might actually be the starter.  Lacy might have been active last night because they liked him in some specific situation.  Also, Prosise might be back next week which could leave McKissick as the odd RB out. Tread carefully with your FAAB budgets and waiver priority if you are targeting the Seattle backfield.

Edited by Iron-cock

4 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

I don't see any #1 waiver burn players this week for standard 8-12 player leagues.

Kamara, Watson and Engram should already be owned in all leagues. But they're not, they're unowned in most, and are all worthy of a #1 if you've managed to overlook them so far. Latavius is also definitely worthy of a look at #1. These things are all situational but they're all candidates. Cohen has more value/trade value than all of them, though.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Kamara, Watson and Engram should already be owned in all leagues. But they're not, they're unowned in most, and are all worthy of a #1 if you've managed to overlook them so far. Latavius is also definitely worthy of a look at #1. These things are all situational but they're all candidates. Cohen has more value/trade value than all of them, though.

I think we all have different standards when it comes to #1 waiver targets. For me, its a guy like jordan howard last season. Cohen, kamara, engram. I don't think they appoach that. Latavius might... but it depends what minnesota is planning for jerick. The fact that they just gave murray a 3 year 15 mil contract though and that he got most of the snaps after dalvin went down... well I think that bodes well for his value going forward.

7 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

I think we all have different standards when it comes to #1 waiver targets. For me, its a guy like jordan howard last season. Cohen, kamara, engram. I don't think they appoach that. Latavius might... but it depends what minnesota is planning for jerick. The fact that they just gave murray a 3 year 15 mil contract though and that he got most of the snaps after dalvin went down... well I think that bodes well for his value going forward.

I'm with Grim - I picked up Engram two weeks ago - I have the options on Murray realistically as #1.   Kamara been gone since week 1 in my shallow league people know their stuff.

Coming from owning Murray last year - it was hate love.  I don't see them using Murray as much and their offense isnt 2016's Raiders...pass

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic