NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Week 5 - Waiver Wire Touts

phatrat

Just now, herschel said:

alf morris if anything happens to zeke?  he had a nice run this week....

sure but then you're dealing with the question of morris or alf? answer: maybe?

Either one could be the guy and both have good reasons why. Alf because he's actually been playing, darren because he's done it before in 2015 and looks to fit the role better. Who it will actually be is anyone guess, and worst case, it could be both.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would stash Alf or DMC(take your pick) if there's no news by Wednesday morning and they're sitting out there. Stashing this past Sunday would've been even better in case any news breaks before Wednesday morning. Worst case you drop them before Sunday for someone else.

People have said over & over the backfield would be RBBC and they want no part but I guarantee if Zeke gets suspended everyone will be sprinting to the wire to add them 'just in case'

1 hour ago, grimsfield said:

I think we all have different standards when it comes to #1 waiver targets. For me, its a guy like jordan howard last season. Cohen, kamara, engram. I don't think they appoach that. Latavius might... but it depends what minnesota is planning for jerick. The fact that they just gave murray a 3 year 15 mil contract though and that he got most of the snaps after dalvin went down... well I think that bodes well for his value going forward.

I dont think Murray is very good and is coming off ankle surgery, I wouldnt burn a #1 waiver claim or tons of FAAB dollars on him. 

10 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont think Murray is very good and is coming off ankle surgery, I wouldnt burn a #1 waiver claim or tons of FAAB dollars on him. 

He's the clear lead candidate to a no.1 role on a team with a great defense that likes to run. You wouldn't use a high waiver on him???

2 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

He's the clear lead candidate to a no.1 role on a team with a great defense that likes to run. You wouldn't use a high waiver on him???

If there are better options then no. Murray is the starter for now but if he continues to run for 2.6 YPC he's not going to get many touches. 

17 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Some people need a signed document from the headcoach with a guarantee that a player is going to get no less than 23 touches and put up no less than 25 points in standard before adding them to their fantasy team <_<

Edited by claptondecheeks

Just now, Evincar said:

If there are better options then no. Murray is the starter for now but if he continues to run for 2.6 YPC he's not going to get many touches. 

What better options do you see on your wire? He's not going to get 2.6 ypc the entire season. He's  a rb, and there's a lot to be said for giving a RB volume. It helps them get in a rhythm and gives them mor echances to have long runs. up till yesterday, he'd hardly played. If the 2.6 ypc stat is the only stat you're basing your opinion on, then your opinion is wrong.

2 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Some people need a signed document from the headcoach with a guarantee that a player is going to get no less than 23 touches and put up less than 25 points in standard before adding them to their fantasy team <_<

no kidding...

2 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

What better options do you see on your wire? He's not going to get 2.6 ypc the entire season. He's  a rb, and there's a lot to be said for giving a RB volume. It helps them get in a rhythm and gives them mor echances to have long runs. up till yesterday, he'd hardly played. If the 2.6 ypc stat is the only stat you're basing your opinion on, then your opinion is wrong.

Well if people are mentioning Kamara, Engram, Watson than those 3 are all better options. In my FAAB league most of the popular names are gone, so guys like Fuller, Funchess and Murray are the best options available. 

Just now, Evincar said:

Well if people are mentioning Kamara, Engram, Watson than those 3 are all better options. In my FAAB league most of the popular names are gone, so guys like Fuller, Funchess and Murray are the best options available. 

Engram definitely isn't more valuable, neither is watson. Kamara isn't either. He had 10 targets yesterday. Thats what you call an anomoly. Ingram still exists and so does peterson, although only sorta. Latavius on the other hand will probably see 2 to 3 targets + 14 carries when the team is losing and 20+ when the team is winning. I don't know about you but ill take the guy who will get that workload over the one whos probably gonna get 4 or 5 targets a week and 3 carries. I'll take it every single day.

31 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Some people need a signed document from the headcoach with a guarantee that a player is going to get no less than 23 touches and put up no less than 25 points in standard before adding them to their fantasy team <_<

Why would you pick up a RB without the personal guarantee of the coach(in writing)? Your league thanks you for the donation!

Just now, grimsfield said:

Engram definitely isn't more valuable, neither is watson. Kamara isn't either. He had 10 targets yesterday. Thats what you call an anomoly. Ingram still exists and so does peterson, although only sorta. Latavius on the other hand will probably see 2 to 3 targets + 14 carries when the team is losing and 20+ when the team is winning. I don't know about you but ill take the guy who will get that workload over the one whos probably gonna get 4 or 5 targets a week and 3 carries. I'll take it every single day.

In the alternate reality where Murray gets 17-25 touches per game pending if Minnesota is losing or winning, he's a locked-in #1 waiver priority guy.

In this reality, dude gets a 2:1 split with McKinnon and is probably looking at 15 per. Very rosterable but let's rein in our numbers a little bit.

He's also not "definitely more valuable" than an upside guy that's already a low-end TE1, nor definitely more valuable than Watson. Dude is a rookie and currently QB6 in my format, and 2 surefire QB1s look like they're about to miss time. Kamara's scored 26 points the last 2 weeks in my non-PPR, and lord knows how many he has in full.

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

In the alternate reality where Murray gets 17-25 touches per game pending if Minnesota is losing or winning, he's a locked-in #1 waiver priority guy.

In this reality, dude gets a 2:1 split with McKinnon and is probably looking at 15 per. Very rosterable but let's rein in our numbers a little bit.

He's also not "definitely more valuable" than an upside guy that's already a low-end TE1, nor definitely more valuable than Watson. Dude is a rookie and currently QB6 in my format, and 2 surefire QB1s look like they're about to miss time. Kamara's scored 26 points the last 2 weeks in my non-PPR, and lord knows how many he has in full.

I think you're the one in the alternate reality. Look at the snap count after dalvin went down yesterday. It strongly favored murray. Or stay in your reality and pass on the first clear no.1 waiver target. Doesn't matter to me.

As for the watson thing, well this is a misunderstanding. And one of the problems you run into when only using last names. Its unfortunate, but there's more than one guy named watson in the nfl and I didn't know you were referring to the houston one. Yes, if you are qb needy, watson is the clear grab. That said watson doesn't get to play NE and tenessee every week.

Edited by grimsfield

9 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

I think you're the one in the alternate reality. Look at the snap count after dalvin went down yesterday. It strongly favored murray. Or stay in your reality and pass on the first clear no.1 waiver target. Doesn't matter to me.

Rotoworld on their RB snap count bull**** again. Ok, I'll play.

Murray got 19 of the 36 snaps that Cook didn't account for. You can feel free to give me the numbers after he went down. I'm not looking for them, but they're irrelevant. Cook missed about half the game. Murray got 7 carries and 2 targets. McKinnon got 2 carries and 2 targets.

Does that not sound like literally exactly the split I alluded to above?

If you think Murray is going to get RB1 volume (which is what you said he'd get) then you need to check yourself. 15 touches is a lot more reasonable.

Edited by miasma16

I envision a 60/40 split favoring Murray, with McKinnon handling 3rd downs and having a few change of pace carries and Murray getting goal line duties and anywhere around 10-20 carries depending on game flow.

Similar to when David Johnson went down this is a massive downgrade going from a true workhorse to a committee. I personally would not spend a #1 waiver wire on either of them, but depending if your desperate for RB then it's totally up to you. 

In PPR I'd prefer ellington and Kamara over Murray and McKinnon if they are available.  If your ultra conservative having the #1 waiver like me, stay put and pickup which ever Seattle RB is left in Free Agent from Lacy, Rawls, CJ Prosise, or JD McKissic

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Rotoworld on their RB snap count bull**** again. Ok, I'll play.

Murray got 19 of the 36 snaps that Cook didn't account for. You can feel free to give me the numbers after he went down. I'm not looking for them, but they're irrelevant. Cook missed about half the game. He got 7 carries and 2 targets. McKinnon got 2 carries and 2 targets.

Does that not sound like literally exactly the split I alluded to above?

If you think Murray is going to get RB1 volume (which is what you said he'd get) then you need to check yourself. 15 touches is a lot more reasonable.

Tell me 12 RBs that average 20+ touches per game.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol, watson is the #1 WW pickup this year, no doubt.

Murrays ankle is as strong as  a toothpick.

Regression is coming. KC next week. Even if he's a qb1 who cares, everyone already has one in a 12 man league. If we're talking deeper or 2qb leagues than sure.

1 minute ago, hiddenz said:

Regression is coming. KC next week. Even if he's a qb1 who cares, everyone already has one in a 12 man league. If we're talking deeper or 2qb leagues than sure.

Just last week i had Carr and Cousins so i care.

Watson can score with rodgers, brees, and brady.

Immediately starts over cousins and carr is a drop.

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Alvin Kamara doesn't count cause he shouldn't have been available on WW. Was a 13th round pick in my league. 

Cool and as of week 2 he was owned in 14% of Yahoo leagues so in the vast majority of leagues (at least on Yahoo) he was on the WW at some point in time. 

6. Alvin Kamara, Saints – Owned in 14 percent of Yahoo leagues
Not content with just one unhappy back, Sean Payton has apparently set out to make it two. Likely due to the scoreline, Kamara led the backfield in carries (7), touches (11), and snaps (31) with Mark Ingram and Adrian Peterson seeing just 26 and 9 plays on the field respectively. It is not particularly surprising Peterson was limited in a game the Saints trailed throughout, but Kamara seeing more snaps and as many touches as Ingram is interesting. The rookie was also involved from the first series of the game, so it is not like he racked up work in garbage time. It is still difficult to see much fantasy upside with Ingram and Peterson likely to dominate goal-line work, but Kamara needs to be owned in PPR leagues and is worth a look in deeper standard formats as well. 
Recommendation: Should be owned in 14-team leagues

I think Josh Doctson is still worth a good look after his bye week. If he'd come down with that TD grab, he'd most certainly would've one of the top waiver wire pickups. 

This redskins offense is still looking for that top wideout. Outside of that long TD on Marcus Peters, Pryor hasn't done much and Reed and Jamison Crowder have been  complete busts for the past 4 weeks

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic