NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Week 5 - Waiver Wire Touts

phatrat

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claiming Deshaun Watson just depends on your league size. In 10 team leagues I would neither burn the #1 waiver nor blow my load on him. In 12 team leagues it depends if I've been struggling with QB streaming, then Watson could be worth it. In 14+ or 2QB leagues, just don't think twice and go ALL-IN!

Edited by frog34

7 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Elijah McGuire vs Cleveland for a potential bye week filler barring Forte is out? Not the sexiest thing in the world, but the opportunity might be there. 

Cleveland's run defense has actually been surprisingly stout.  Teams have been beating them through the air as opposed to on the ground.

Owned in just 20% of CBS leagues, Gates is an excellent streaming option at TE this week against the Giants. Giants have given up TD's to TE's in every game this season including to Witten, Ebron, Ertz, Howard, Brate. Gates may not pile on the yards, but Gates is proficient in the redzone and should score this week.

My projection: (4 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD). 13 PPR points. Probably best game for him so far this season which isn't saying much.

Edited by nonstopfan

8 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Owned in just 20% of CBS leagues, Gates is an excellent streaming option at TE this week against the Giants. Giants have given up TD's to TE's in every game this season including to Witten, Ebron, Ertz, Howard, Brate. Gates may not pile on the yards, but Gates is proficient in the redzone and should score this week.

My projection: (4 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD). 13 PPR points. Probably best game for him so far this season which isn't saying much.

Question is: Hunter Henry or Antonio Gates? 

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Cleveland's run defense has actually been surprisingly stout.  Teams have been beating them through the air as opposed to on the ground.

Works in mcguires favor i suppose

10 minutes ago, tjspark said:

Yes. The unknowns are goodell, his fitness and clevelands willingness to use him or trade him.

Yeah. He'll come back it's just a matter of when. As soon as I hear the news I'll drop my back up TE and pick him up. I'm not banking on him to be the same guy from 2013 but I'm sure he's good trade bait.

was seen in Ohio on his snap 

https://m.imgur.com/vd6SvJc

ohio state flag in the back 

Edited by HOF12

hes all too clever leaving subtle hints lol ultimate clue player

31 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Yeah. He'll come back it's just a matter of when. As soon as I hear the news I'll drop my back up TE and pick him up. I'm not banking on him to be the same guy from 2013 but I'm sure he's good trade bait.

was seen in Ohio on his snap 

https://m.imgur.com/vd6SvJc

ohio state flag in the back 

18 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

im trying to decide if josh wants to play or does he like trolling more because i dont see any reason why he hasn't at least tried to get reinstated by now a week later. seems like more to the story

Unless he just enjoys training with olympians, nfl wideouts, and football trainers for fun, im leaning towards him trying to come back but i feel like we're missing something as to why he has applied yet

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic