NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Week 5 - Waiver Wire Touts

phatrat

10 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Morris is probably a better runner, DMC a better pass catcher.  If Zeke is out DMC in the backfield will keep defenses guessing.

I'd agree with that he's a more complete back, with Morris having an edge as a better runner.  Strange that he hasn't suited up at all through 4 games though, taken a drive off Zeke's hand, or even gotten a single touch.  Personally, I think something's up.  He had surgery just last year and there can always be setbacks.  Funny how I got quoted on speculating though.  What the hell are we all doing on a fantasy football forum if not for speculating?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QBs

Deshaun

Eli

RBs

A Jones

L Murray

McKinnon

Ellington--He may be sneaking up on people the next few weeks.

Duke Johnson--only owned in 60% of leagues but is a top 20 RB so far in my standard league.

WRs

Fuller

Funchess

R Anderson

Jaron Brown

Amendoula

Geronimo--Adams may not start, so he is a one week flyer with great upside

Humphries--17 targets the last two weeks in TB. Can probably let waivers clear and if you miss out on target this guy will still be there Wed morning I bet.

TE's

Who cares

6 minutes ago, David447 said:

QBs

Deshaun

Eli

RBs

A Jones

L Murray

McKinnon

Ellington--He may be sneaking up on people the next few weeks.

Duke Johnson--only owned in 60% of leagues but is a top 20 RB so far in my standard league.

WRs

Fuller

Funchess

R Anderson

Jaron Brown

Amendoula

Geronimo--Adams may not start, so he is a one week flyer with great upside

Humphries--17 targets the last two weeks in TB. Can probably let waivers clear and if you miss out on target this guy will still be there Wed morning I bet.

TE's

Who cares

Think Eli or a guy like Wentz is a better bye-week fill in for those with Brees and Matt Ryan?

My rankings and projections, usually I play half-PPR

1. Kamara, Will Fuller - most likely taken in your league but both are sub-50% on yahoo. Fuller in standard is worth the top claim and Kamara in PPR formats

2. Funchess - Targets, snap count reflect the confidence the team has in him, and Greg Olsen is out for the year. Obviously at this point more teams need RB over WR but he could be a consistent WR2/3 for your team

3a. Andre Ellington - He might break down in 3 weeks but looks to offer plug-and-play RB2 numbers to stabilize bye weeks. He may have fresh legs from riding the pine behind DJ last year. Arians has spoken of converting him to an WR before and you can view him as a consistently targeted WR w/ bonus rushing stats. Prioritize if you need someone to start right away

3b. Collins/Rawls - Both have low-end RB1 upside to me with serious question marks that knock them down. Prioritize if you are looking for the best lottery tickets available

5. Latavius Murray - More of a gut feeling that he will bust this year and fail to be productive. The report that his ankle was not 100% is disconcerting. I would consider waivering him only in standard leagues 

Deshaun Watson is obviously worth a pick up if you have an underperforming QB or platoon. Not really fair to rank him vs W/R
For deep benches, stash Elijah Maguire or The Next Mike Williams.

Edited by the Ghost of Joe Webb

im losing in one 12league and have number 1 priority and I'm still not trying to get any of these dudes....I would like pick up whatever's left . Watson worth a claim if u need QB...fuller is nice maybe(standard for sure) , idk no real good clear cut locks here I would hold till next week

3 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

im losing in one 12league and have number 1 priority and I'm still not trying to get any of these dudes....I would like pick up whatever's left . Watson worth a claim if u need QB...fuller is nice maybe(standard for sure) , idk no real good clear cut locks here I would hold till next week

Yep, I'm of the same mind.

L. Murray is semi-tempting, and the Vikings line actually ranks slightly above avg (#14 football outsiders) run blocking, but his comments about the ankle are disconcerting.

"Nobody's really 100% in football,"

"I feel good enough,"

"last time (previous ankle surgery) I don't remember when but stopped hurting eventually."

Don't like it - athlete mindset might think that, but it's not what they say. The fact he publicly approaches increased workload in this manner scares me off. Unfortunately, I don't need another WR2, because there are a couple available. 

Been shopping the #1 claim, but no takers. Gonna hold.

lol has anyone seen josh gordons latest snapchats? they are hilarious someone took a picture of him walking from behind and sent it into his DM's saying "I see you"  but the last one has me concerned. It may be his way of telling us he's taking a break from football to enjoy life for a bit. I cant seem to post any pictures on here so you can look for yourself his snapchat is KAMOFLASH. the last one is a pic of him in his hoodie with the captions "Sauce Intermission *insert praying hands* seems to me he may be telling us what we were asking for all along, which was is he was coming back or not and to me it seems like he may have put an end to all this. fml Just my view, anyone else got anything else please sway me back to the promised land.

Edited by jeremyt7

3 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

did you see those pics? whats your pov on that last one "sauce intermission" tell me something my mind is racing

I think you need to stop stalking the fella and go to sleep. 

So many RBs that are worth a look in this weeks waiver, but I’ll give y’all a super deep sleeper at WR....Trent Taylor

He’s a rookie WR for the 49ers who posted 5 catches for 47 yards Week 4 and 3 catches for 32 yards +TD Week 3. He’s definitely worth a look in deep leagues as marquis Goodwin has another concussion and Trent Taylor can provide WR4 fantasy value.

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Yep, I'm of the same mind.

L. Murray is semi-tempting, and the Vikings line actually ranks slightly above avg (#14 football outsiders) run blocking, but his comments about the ankle are disconcerting.

"Nobody's really 100% in football,"

"I feel good enough,"

"last time (previous ankle surgery) I don't remember when but stopped hurting eventually."

Don't like it - athlete mindset might think that, but it's not what they say. The fact he publicly approaches increased workload in this manner scares me off. Unfortunately, I don't need another WR2, because there are a couple available. 

Been shopping the #1 claim, but no takers. Gonna hold.

Im kind of annoyed by how dismissive every one is of Latavius ...he was popping off last year scored like 12 Tds , and was a fantasy darling until the end of last season.   He should see massive amounts of volume, The plodfather himself, Matt Asiata was productive last season with an atrocious Oline .

i haven't watched him talking about his ankle ... that is concerning for week 5 but ROS he Finds himself in a tremendous opportunity. Put some low bids on him in some leagues he's already been stashed.  I actually like the player and think he's better than alot of these clown rbs

3 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

Im kind of annoyed by how dismissive every one is of Latavius ...he was popping off last year scored like 12 Tds , and was a fantasy darling until the end of last season.   He should see massive amounts of volume, The plodfather himself, Matt Asiata was productive last season with an atrocious Oline .

i haven't watched him talking about his ankle ... that is concerning for week 5 but ROS he Finds himself in a tremendous opportunity. Put some low bids on him in some leagues he's already been stashed.  I actually like the player and think he's better than alot of these clown rbs

He prolly won't win you the league but he could help you in a game or two to get there.

15 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Deonte Thompson...crazy, I know.

He was Trubisky's favorite receiver during preseason:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-offense-biggs-spt-1003-20171002-column.html

Just checked who that is. Bruh looks like he retired 20 years ago.

396571.vresize.350.425.medium.29.png

Here's a pic of him during the late 80's early 90's. 

6a00d83451b26169e201156e7924c9970c-pi

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic