NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dewayne Dedmon Season Outlook 2017-2018

paokmaniak

The rotation does not bode well for Dedmon. Collins subs in for Dedmon and Muscala subs in for Ilyasova. I like the versatility Dedmon provides with the occassional three and stocks with good free throw shooting for a big but if Collins is always the one subbing in for him, I could see him being at a pinch for minutes as the season goes on. Not exactly in foul trouble early on so this could be a matchup thing as well but most of the league is going small so that does not work in his favor either. I'm thinking of swapping out Dedmon for Collins now in 10-man.

He really needs a a distributor on the floor to be able to do anything offensively. He was in a lot of pick and rolls and hardly ever got the ball. The passes made to him were often in traffic and badly timed. I'd wait to see how he performs with Schroeder back before making a decision. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Are you guys moving on from Dedmon or holding/picking up?  He's sitting on my wire (I dropped him) but I have no patience for lack of production (I'm terrible at stashing players).

Holding whike he's still getting starter minutes 

12 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Holding whike he's still getting starter minutes 

What happened to him on Monday?  0-5 (although two shots were 3 pointers).  That a fluke?  Think he can improve on his current numbers?  I know his upside isn't the highest, but I cut him after that 0-5 game.  Can't stomach a C missing all his shots.

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

What happened to him on Monday?  0-5 (although two shots were 3 pointers).  That a fluke?  Think he can improve on his current numbers? 

well, the only way is up really . I don't think he can play worse

(well , I hope)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dboywong said:

So he has a mismatch of Jerian Grant in the post and decides to take a pull up jumper.

WHY NOT BACK HIM UP?! HE IS HALF YOUR SIZE. 

Was just about to come in here and post this. It's almost as if he's allergic to the paint. He fades on the roll a lot but I don't think 15+ out is his game. Pretty frustrating to watch. I'm holding until Schroeder comes back to see what happens because I believe DD needs a legitimate slasher/distributor on the offensive end.