NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dewayne Dedmon Season Outlook 2017-2018

paokmaniak

17 hours ago, bdy1 said:

The call is unambiguous, he’s out. This is my least favorite injury (Seth, Jrue a couple years back, David Dahl last summer). You can’t tell when you’re healthy enough to test the bones and see if they’re healthy — like having to find your glasses so you can look for your glasses. You may need to make adjustments on form to avoid further injury. MRIs can’t detect the weakness in the bones — only the fractures that playing on them before it’s time can lead to. “3-6 weeks” might as well be months or days. (See Jrue, Seth, Dave...) 

ESPN Fantasy staff are understandably busy with football (and with their own Fan Dual lineups) to get around to clicking that little “O” next to this guy. Eventually they will update Dewayne, or his status will realign with their designation when he’s back on the court.

I got Conley in my lone IR & Collins to pick up some of the slack (its a 2x2 league so should be offset even more). Dropping stat.

I have both Conley and Dedmon there, and I have no plans to drop Dedmon. We can't really paint any injury with a broad brush, there are pitchers who never came back after Tommy John and then there are others who it did miracles for them, not every human is the same - our genetics and ability to recover is remarkably different from person to person.

Let's see what happens in 3 weeks. It sucks you only have IR spot, I'm the commish in my league and I made sure it's 2 because I know how many guys can get injured.

• Like 1

Just now, Lifschitz said:

I have both Conley and Dedmon there, and I have no plans to drop Dedmon. We can't really paint any injury with a broad brush, there are pitchers who never came back after Tommy John and then there are others who it did miracles for them, not every human is the same - our genetics and ability to recover is remarkably different from person to person.

Let's see what happens in 3 weeks. It sucks you only have IR spot, I'm the commish in my league and I made sure it's 2 because I know how many guys can get injured.

Doesn't really matter if you have an iR spot or not with Dedmon as ESPN still hasn't designated him as injured yet.

I'm in a league with no IR spots, but I still have to hold Dedmon as there are literally NO centers available in my 10 team league.  Not sure how that's possible, but every warm body is taken.  I had snagged Greg Monroe awhile back hoping his situation might improve and now he's my only option.  It's a shame, as Dedmon has really been playing well.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Any1 stashing?? Should be back relatively soon... 

Yep never dropped.  He was originally ruled out for 3-6 weeks and its only been 2 weeks.  So we could be looking at another month or just a week.  

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 2

Dewayne Dedmon’s rehab is progressing well

Hawks’ GM Travis Schlenk said that Dewayne Dedmon‘s rehab is progressing well and he will have a CT scan later this week, according to KL Chouinard.

Dedmon has been sidelined for the last two weeks with a stress fracture in his left tibia. He was given a 3-to-6 weeks timetable for his recovery and the CT scan will reveal the extend of healing so far. Ersan Ilyasova has been the biggest beneficiary in Dedmon’s absence but John Collins is expected to be back at some during this week. Dedmon can be considered a nice stash for owners that can afford a IR spot for him as he is averaging career highs this year in points (11.1), rebounds (7.8) and minutes (24.4).

https://www.hoop-ball.com/nba-fantasy-news-and-advice/nba-fantasy-injuries-news/dewayne-dedmons-rehab-is-progressing-well/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Dewayne Dedmon’s rehab is progressing well

Hawks’ GM Travis Schlenk said that Dewayne Dedmon‘s rehab is progressing well and he will have a CT scan later this week, according to KL Chouinard.

Dedmon has been sidelined for the last two weeks with a stress fracture in his left tibia. He was given a 3-to-6 weeks timetable for his recovery and the CT scan will reveal the extend of healing so far. Ersan Ilyasova has been the biggest beneficiary in Dedmon’s absence but John Collins is expected to be back at some during this week. Dedmon can be considered a nice stash for owners that can afford a IR spot for him as he is averaging career highs this year in points (11.1), rebounds (7.8) and minutes (24.4).

https://www.hoop-ball.com/nba-fantasy-news-and-advice/nba-fantasy-injuries-news/dewayne-dedmons-rehab-is-progressing-well/

That's a good find - I'm looking to stash him at the end of this week if I hear good news (i.e. coming back in the next week or two)

2 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Rotoworld reporting is trash if I'm being honest 

They've certainly gotten worse over the past two years or so, they used to be bang on by the minute previously. Now they're pretty late to stuff. I saw a Mike Conley article come out on Dec 4th about how he's going to take his time, they posted it 2 days later in a blurb.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

They've certainly gotten worse over the past two years or so, they used to be bang on by the minute previously. Now they're pretty late to stuff. I saw a Mike Conley article come out on Dec 4th about how he's going to take his time, they posted it 2 days later in a blurb.

Agreed but they're usually pretty good about reporting everything within a couple of hours max. I use RW mainly as an aggregator of news and events.

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Yeah I actually much prefer BBM or CBS Fantasy sports for updated news.