Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He fits perfectly on my punt FG, FT, points, rebounds, assist and TO team.

I hope it's not serious as he clearly already has depth perception issues.

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals and it's now the 4th quarter....      

Posted Images

I like Richardson a lot, but one of those blocks came because he fell asleep on defence and allowed Schroder to easily get to the rim. Thankfully, Richardson was able to use his incredible athleticism to make up for this lull and blocked the sh!t out of Schroder at the rim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In Miami's positionless system, you have to move past the tired narrative of traditional depth charts and "mouths to feed."  He will play PG, SG, and SF in their system and get 28-32 minutes.  I hope people are hung up on depth charts and Waiters so he will keep falling in drafts or can be bought cheaply.  At the end of the day, minutes are all that matter.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. He just needs those mins. Heat has some depth though.

 

Waiters has decent offense but I think he is Dragic's backup. Winslow doesn't look like he is ready for big time. Tyler Johonson will get his. And the mcgruder/ellington will get the "luke babbit" minutes.

 

I am thinking 25 mins a game? You guys?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are going to play him at PG as they did today in addition to SG and SF then I don’t think minutes will be much of an issue. The team also looks quite keen to develop him. 

 

Bit the bullet and dumped Chandler Parsons for Richardson after today’s game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

If they are going to play him at PG as they did today in addition to SG and SF then I don’t think minutes will be much of an issue. The team also looks quite keen to develop him. 

 

Bit the bullet and dumped Chandler Parsons for Richardson after today’s game. 

they have T.Johnson as their backup pg

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

Minutes will always be the issue here.  Will be watching that roster carefully as guys go down.  

 

Not necessarily.  Richardson got 30 min/game last season and was a deep league streamer at best.  I'm not trusting Richardson until he shows consistency during the regular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's so much talent in the later rounds nowadays that there are guys sitting on my wire who are incredible even in a 12 man.. gotta love how deep the NBA is now.. it's making fantasy so fun and competitive compared to years past.

 

Josh Richardson will end up being the biggest steal in fantasy this year considering his current ADP.. I got him in the 10th round of my 12 man draft yesterday and I'm stoked.. these blocks,steals, 3's and a sprinkle of boards/assists with improved %'s is looking unreal in preseason. This is the type of pick who'll end up winning you a week just by himself in 3 categories, and even in his off-games he'll still put up well-rounded lines.

 

He can play 3 positions, he's a lock to get 30 mpg as far as I'm concerned. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Damn. He just needs those mins. Heat has some depth though.

 

Waiters has decent offense but I think he is Dragic's backup. Winslow doesn't look like he is ready for big time. Tyler Johonson will get his. And the mcgruder/ellington will get the "luke babbit" minutes.

 

I am thinking 25 mins a game? You guys?

 

A couple of things:

 

1. He's very versatile and can play multi-positions (up to 3)

 

2. Spoelstra is able to find minutes for many guys all ranging from 25-30 across various positions (Tyler Johnson, Waiters, Richardson all found significant playing time last year playing alongside eachother, Richardson still had 25 mpg when Waiters was healthy and Tyler was healthy), instead of giving one guy 35+.

 

Despite the back-court depth last year, check the minutes each month:

 

image.png.b7c2be4058d82ab1911de194d20e9b7c.png

 

3. Waiters is the opposite of a healthy player. He already has a sore ankle which caused him to miss time last year, and he said he's "managing" it as we speak. I read previously that he's still playing on a sore ankle currently. If Waiters misses time, Richardson suddenly jumps to 35+ MPG easily.

 

4. Winslow can play some PF minutes and he can't stretch the floor, he's a playmaker so he gives more assists to help guys score... not worried about his impact cause I just feel he isn't a very good scorer unless he's in the open court or slashes to the bucket, or on the catch and drive when the defense is shifting.

Edited by Lifschitz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami Heat with good depth. looks like all the players from Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, Mcgruder, Winslow, and even possibly Wayne Ellignton might see some mintues at both the 2 and 3. So i expect a time share of all these players to hurt all their fantasy value.  Josh Richardson to get minutes from 22 to 28 varying on games. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

 

A couple of things:

 

1. He's very versatile and can play multi-positions (up to 3)

 

2. Spoelstra is able to find minutes for many guys all ranging from 25-30 across various positions (Tyler Johnson, Waiters, Richardson all found significant playing time last year playing alongside eachother, Richardson still had 25 mpg when Waiters was healthy and Tyler was healthy), instead of giving one guy 35+.

 

Despite the back-court depth last year, check the minutes each month:

 

image.png.b7c2be4058d82ab1911de194d20e9b7c.png

 

3. Waiters is the opposite of a healthy player. He already has a sore ankle which caused him to miss time last year, and he said he's "managing" it as we speak. I read previously that he's still playing on a sore ankle currently. If Waiters misses time, Richardson suddenly jumps to 35+ MPG easily.

 

4. Winslow can play some PF minutes and he can't stretch the floor, he's a playmaker so he gives more assists to help guys score... not worried about his impact cause I just feel he isn't a very good scorer unless he's in the open court or slashes to the bucket, or on the catch and drive when the defense is shifting.

I agree. The only thing I would add is that annoying clause that would get Waiters more money if he played more than 70 games. I think the ankle isdue sounds like he is forcing it and Waiters will play less if the Heat can afford it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully on board.  I always picked him up the past two years anytime he was "healthy" and getting PT.  His blocks and 1/1/1 potential from the guard position are too valuable and you get him for basically nothing.  Will absolutely target this year late in drafts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he can be had in the last round in standard 12 team leagues.  If you want to ensure you get him 12th round should be safe enough. There are other similar players available even if you miss him.  SG SF are pretty easy to find off waiver in 12 man leagues.  In 14+ leagues it's a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 9:45 PM, HarmStrong said:

I like Richardson a lot, but one of those blocks came because he fell asleep on defence and allowed Schroder to easily get to the rim. Thankfully, Richardson was able to use his incredible athleticism to make up for this lull and blocked the sh!t out of Schroder at the rim.

This type of analysis is bad when it's in fantasy football, it's even worse in basketball where the number of possessions is so high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coyote_5 said:

This type of analysis is bad when it's in fantasy football, it's even worse in basketball where the number of possessions is so high.

 

???

 

I was simply stating a fact and don't think for a second the coaching staff doesn't see this. Too many plays like that and a player is likely to lose minutes.

 

It's worth noting and I did post yesterday that I picked Richardson up, so it's not like I'm telling people to stay away from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...