NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He fits perfectly on my punt FG, FT, points, rebounds, assist and TO team.

I hope it's not serious as he clearly already has depth perception issues.

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals and it's now the 4th quarter....      

Posted Images

1 minute ago, richg24 said:

proving it tonight again that he is the third best player on the team after whiteside and dragic

Remember when Winslow was supposed to be the breakout one? Not really his fault because of his wrist injury, but the dude couldn't shoot anyways. Richardson has the defensive intangibles too but can actually create on his own shot.

22 minutes ago, richg24 said:

proving it tonight again that he is the third best player on the team after whiteside and dragic

get what you're saying, but Tyler Johnsons line is much better, and in less mins

Miami is so deep that it’s hard to predict what sort of minutes he would get.

PG: Dragic, Tyler

SG: Waiters, Richardson 

SF: McGruger, Winslow

PF: Olynyk, James Johnson

C: Whiteside

They are almost 2 deep in every position, and Dragic + Waiters will most certainly get 30+ min. That leaves me a bit cautious on guys like Richardson and Tyler, if they’re only getting 20 min or less it’s hard to envision them making a difference.

What has me most impressed isn't the blocks, steals, or 3's. It's his dunks. I didn't realize how insanely athletic and long he is. He's already posterized Biyombo HARD this preseason, and tonight he had a huge alley-oop where I didn't expect him to launch that high at all. 

Tonight he had a layup where he took one step from the freethrow line after a hesitation drive and stop and drive move on his defender and he simply reached forward with his left hand from far out and was next to the basket within a second and laid it in. 

I also thought this guy was physically weak, well clearly not. One of his criticisms in his scouting reports was that he couldn't back down players, I watched him during the Charlotte game make Kemba look like a toddler in the post, he pushed him back hard 3 times (Kemba visibly and forcibly moved back) on a backdown before scoring right over top of him next to the basket.

This guy's ceiling is A LOT higher than I originally thought (I had him pegged mostly as a 3+D guy, I didn't know he can run point guard duties, and his awareness on both ends is extremely high). Man, the Heat scouts do a wonderful job finding late talent. It's hard to believe most of their players are late 1st rounders / 2nd rounders. 

For the record, they really need to start calling more flagrants on both Biyombo and Draymond. There is so many plays like this I can recall where clearly Biyombo makes no attempt at the ball, he just wants to foul the player as hard as possible. At the end of the video he just brings down both arms on top of Richardson's head, he doesn't care about the block, otherwise he'd stay vertical with his arms. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, python3 said:

Can't believe Yahoo gave him pg eligibility, presumably based on these preseason starts.

That's actually huge for me, I only had two PGs on my roster (Conley / Collison), having him there really helps!

That's also crazy because he now not only becomes one of the best shot blocking SG / SFs.. but by far the most elite shot blocking PG. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

For the record, they really need to start calling more flagrants on both Biyombo and Draymond. There is so many plays like this I can recall where clearly Biyombo makes no attempt at the ball, he just wants to foul the player as hard as possible. At the end of the video he just brings down both arms on top of Richardson's head, he doesn't care about the block, otherwise he'd stay vertical with his arms. 

Nah, that would take the edge out of it. Bring back the 80's/early 90's enforcers. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Nah, that would take the edge out of it. Bring back the 80's/early 90's enforcers. 

Im fine with hard fouls, I'm not ok with bringing down your arms on top of players' heads. That's how horford ended tj fords career when he was breaking out on the raptors.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Get the "it's happening" gif warmed up for their first game against Orlando on Wednesday. In an epic clash of the preseason hype trains. Gordon vs. Richardson.

Oh come on man...Kuzma (7-page thread) is killing Gordon (3 measely pages) and (Richardson 4 pages) right now...Cho cho!!

17 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Oh come on man...Kuzma (7-page thread) is killing Gordon (3 measely pages) and (Richardson 4 pages) right now...Cho cho!!

Funny that the mins that the players will actually get is reverse of hype Gordon > Richardson > Kuzma

• Like 2