NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I don't know what the f*** is up with the NBA statisticians this year...in the preseason they were giving the wrong stats and they're still doing it now. They eventually correct it but it's frustrating as an avid basketball watcher.

yep they are effed up. gianis block still not credited. they also think winslow is richardson

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He fits perfectly on my punt FG, FT, points, rebounds, assist and TO team.

I hope it's not serious as he clearly already has depth perception issues.

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals and it's now the 4th quarter....      

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

yep they are effed up. gianis block still not credited. they also think winslow is richardson

From what I have heard, it is an issue with the software? I think the NBA went with a new vendor this year for stats and things are not going well.

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

Man we need to file a complaint to the NBA this is getting ridiculous..

During one of the games tonight an announcer said the NBA moved to a new statistician system this year.

I don't know enough about it.  Is this the reason for some of these errors? 

1 hour ago, VaTerp said:

I was wondering this watching games this week.  Seems like sometime they correctly give it to the guy that actually causes the steal.  And sometimes they give it to whoever picks up the ball.

Needs to be cleaned up.

it should be whoever gets the ball, technically that is who gets the steal. 

15 hours ago, sickrookie said:

Definitely a breakout season!

usage will go down with whiteside back, but i still like him. i tried to sell high a guy told me is not trading for a guy thats 10% owned lol. idk why he is only 10% owned in ESPN.

4 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Not according to wiki nor what I used to do as an asst HS basketball coach charged with keeping stats. (not that either are official)

Steals are credited to the defensive player who first causes the turnover, even if he does not end up with possession of the live ball. To earn a steal, the defensive player must be the initiator of the action causing the turnover, not just the benefactor.[1][2] Whenever a steal is recorded by a defensive player, an offensive player must be credited as committing a turnover.

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 3
Just now, El_Chingon said:

No, the steal should be credited to whoever makes the deflection.  Not who ends up with the ball.

you could see it either way. sure guy initiated the steal, but didn't get it. 

48 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Nah. For as long as I've been watching and playing basketball, the defensive player that deflects a pass or pokes the ball loose from the offensive player, and that defensive players team recovers the ball resulting in a turnover, is the one that gets credited with the steal. 

qWJnIJ0.png

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 1

http://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/steal-credited-to-defender-who-gains-possession-as-deflection-by-teammate-was-unintentional/

If a player deflects a pass or dribble and controls his deflection either away from an opponent or towards a teammate resulting in eventual possession for the defense, the player causing the deflection is credited with the steal. 

It's comes down to interpretation if the deflection was "INTENTIONAL" towards a teammate or under "CONTROL". Or if the teammate ended up with it unintentionally by chance. 

3 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Video for proof:

I think this video prove NBA new statistician system which somebody here quoted. It seems that now steal goes to the player, who fix the ball, not who started steal.

Edited by apatas