NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Start Jordan Reed? WHIR

rasmusDoh

So I have Jordan Reed as my TE in one of my leagues. I'm currently 25 points down, so I need all the points I can get - also got Kareem Hunt playing tonight.

Problem is that I live in Europe so the game starts at 2.30 in the night for me. Can't stay up until then cause of work.

Do you think it's worth the risk of starting Reed (who has sucked so far this season).

Or should i pick up Vernon Davis and start him?

That is some dilemma, and I feel your pain. I'm in the UK and also have Reed but luckily for me I've had a high scoring week and will win anyway, nevertheless unless his status deteriorates before I go to bed tonight I will play Reed, and I would even if my matchup was close.

If Reed plays Davis' value is already halved.

Also UK, also in a virtually identical position. Hunt and Reed playing tonight 30 points down.

I have Vernon Davis on my bench right now and to be honest, I'm setting an alarm for 10 minutes before kick off, although I struggle to get to sleep at the best of times so I'll likely be awake regardless.

My bigger concern is that Reed will be active but not involved.

26 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Also UK, also in a virtually identical position. Hunt and Reed playing tonight 30 points down.

I have Vernon Davis on my bench right now and to be honest, I'm setting an alarm for 10 minutes before kick off, although I struggle to get to sleep at the best of times so I'll likely be awake regardless.

My bigger concern is that Reed will be active but not involved.

I don't see that as a concern, Skins have the bye next week there is no reason to play him as a decoy if he is not up to it. I think he either plays and is involved or held out for extra rest...If you are concerned that he plays and gets re-injured early then that's a different story.

This sucks lol.

Guess I'll check when going to bed but that'll probably be like 3½ hours before game start.

Hunt could probably score 25 by himself, but even with the sick games he's had he actually only did that once (it's a no PPR league)

Can't really set an alarm and wake up my girlfriend so I'll just hope for the best