NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of yall who keeps referring him to "Weakside" needa chill   I mean did you really want him to continue playing behind what MRI revealed, a second bone bruise? He was simply being honest

Coach Erik Spoelstra said that Hassan Whiteside (knee) went through shootaround and will warm up with the intention of playing Tuesday vs. Orlando. Coach Spo added that "everything looked great

wayne ellington shoots 0/9 and plays 29 mins. ya!

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Man, this is bad.  Only 22 minutes despite Olynyk being out.

Adebayo has surpassed Whiteside in the rotation now, in addition to Olynyk.  Once Olynyk comes back, Whiteside is going to get minutes in the teens.

No chance that Whitesides minutes are consistently in the teens, the situation isn’t that dire. At least not yet.

Its hard to say whether the Heat are upset with Whiteside or just have a massive crush on Bam but given that they can’t stop losing(6 out of the last 7) hopefully they will come to their senses and start giving Whiteside the minutes he deserves.

If the Heat spend the next two seasons paying Whiteside $26MM AAV and don't let him beast 18-12 style with blocks, they are giving up for two years. Absolutely moronic.

I own Bam and am trying to buy Whiteside cheap, the only scenario where I think it makes sense to pursue Hassan's services right now. Why is Riley tolerating this nonsense?

7 minutes ago, rando said:

If the Heat spend the next two seasons paying Whiteside $26MM AAV and don't let him beast 18-12 style with blocks, they are giving up for two years. Absolutely moronic.

I own Bam and am trying to buy Whiteside cheap, the only scenario where I think it makes sense to pursue Hassan's services right now. Why is Riley tolerating this nonsense?

Whatever Spo is doing to Whiteside, he has the consent of Riley. And it's possible he is following Orders from Riley. Nothing happens in Miami without Riley's permission. But I agree, it's very odd. I don't own Whiteside (I do own Bam) and I just don't understand the thinking. The team is now an 8 seed and could easily fall out of the playoffs if they continue playing like this. 

19 minutes ago, rando said:

7 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Whatever Spo is doing to Whiteside, he has the consent of Riley. And it's possible he is following Orders from Riley. Nothing happens in Miami without Riley's permission. But I agree, it's very odd. I don't own Whiteside (I do own Bam) and I just don't understand the thinking. The team is now an 8 seed and could easily fall out of the playoffs if they continue playing like this. 

yall might be on to something in the sense that the heat are sliding so they may decide to end the bam experiment.

Im not sure if they have won playing whiteside and bam together in the 4th but somethings gotta give. 

Im sure Spo has Riley's permission its just blasphemy. I smell a trade in the offseason

Edited by necro892003

Whiteside is terrible! Miami plays so much better with him off the floor. They came back from 17 down to almost send it to overtime. Doesn't contest shots, 0 help defense, doesn't even Try contesting a jump shot. Just wants to stay back near the basket and collect his boards.

As a Whiteside owner I'm upset, but Whiteside is probably the worst defensive Center in the league at the moment, at least Towns tries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, guess_wh0 said:

Whiteside is terrible! Miami plays so much better with him off the floor. They came back from 17 down to almost send it to overtime. Doesn't contest shots, 0 help defense, doesn't even Try contesting a jump shot. Just wants to stay back near the basket and collect his boards.

As a Whiteside owner I'm upset, but Whiteside is probably the worst defensive Center in the league at the moment, at least Towns tries.

Agreed. 75% of his boards are him just standing around and they come to him. Not aggressively seeking rebounds, not aggressively blocking shots. Don't get me started on his effort for setting picks, almost laughable. Jogs back on defense, fumbles the ball when he gets it, misses 1 foot layups more often than not.  

Just an overall lazy player; from a basketball standpoint I can understand Spo not wanting him in the fourth, however as a fantasy owner this is frustrating.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Greco888 said:

Agreed. 75% of his boards are him just standing around and they come to him. Not aggressively seeking rebounds, not aggressively blocking shots. Don't get me started on his effort for setting picks, almost laughable. Jogs back on defense, fumbles the ball when he gets it, misses 1 foot layups more often than not.  

Just an overall lazy player; from a basketball standpoint I can understand Spo not wanting him in the fourth, however as a fantasy owner this is frustrating.

i dont care about none of that. The man makes 26 million a year.

Get his a** out there. He will be a $26 million starting bum.

Im not hearing it

1 hour ago, guess_wh0 said:

Whiteside is terrible! Miami plays so much better with him off the floor. They came back from 17 down to almost send it to overtime. Doesn't contest shots, 0 help defense, doesn't even Try contesting a jump shot. Just wants to stay back near the basket and collect his ridiculously large paychecks.

Fixed your post.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I will never understand Whitesides fall from grace this season. Hes been my guy the last 3 years but he may be on my do not draft list going forward.

Remember his first game of the season? 26 points, 22 boards, 3/3 from the line, one assist, one block and one 3 pointer (36 min played as well). Pretty much standard big game whiteside except less blocks. Are you ******** kidding me that I have to look at his garbage lines every night now and this is what we saw first game of the season!!!

Maybe the knee is more of a factor then being reported. I honestly have no clue how hes become so bad so quickly. I cant imagine this is the whiteside we would be seeing if he didn't miss those 3 weeks in the beginning of the year.

18 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

I will never understand Whitesides fall from grace this season. Hes been my guy the last 3 years but he may be on my do not draft list going forward.

Remember his first game of the season? 26 points, 22 boards, 3/3 from the line, one assist, one block and one 3 pointer (36 min played as well). Pretty much standard big game whiteside except less blocks. Are you ******** kidding me that I have to look at his garbage lines every night now and this is what we saw first game of the season!!!

Maybe the knee is more of a factor then being reported. I honestly have no clue how hes become so bad so quickly. I cant imagine this is the whiteside we would be seeing if he didn't miss those 3 weeks in the beginning of the year.

It's very strange I don't think anyone but him and Spo know the answer. At least he still does have usually 1 or 2 games a week where he plays like 26-30 min and plays crunch time, and usually puts up a strong big man line. But he is not a reliable tier 1 big right now that is for sure. I traded K Love for him longgg time ago so I still look at that as a big win, and makes his crappy performance fully tolerable for me haha

19 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

He is not old, so skill wise I don't believe he has declined. Spo is a fantastic coach, he knows what he is doing. But partly, I think he also has his favorite players, one of them is James Johnson, and Whiteside is getting axed because of him. However, the more important reason why he is getting benched, is because of the lack of effort. The guy plays lazy. It doesn't help that Spo has a new PF/C in Olynyk, and a great looking rookie in Bam Adebayo. If I am Hassan owner, I would sell now, esp in keeper  or dynasty leagues. 

5 minutes ago, sya said:

He is not old, so skill wise I don't believe he has declined. Spo is a fantastic coach, he knows what he is doing. But partly, I think he also has his favorite players, one of them is James Johnson, and Whiteside is getting axed because of him. However, the more important reason why he is getting benched, is because of the lack of effort. The guy plays lazy. It doesn't help that Spo has a new PF/C in Olynyk, and a great looking rookie in Bam Adebayo. If I am Hassan owner, I would sell now, esp in keeper  or dynasty leagues. 

I definitely agree lack of effort is a big factor. You can see the difference in certain games. I just want to know why and who caused this! is it his knee or is it Spo and his sudden lack of faith and trust in the big guy.

1 minute ago, Packerguy55 said:

I definitely agree lack of effort is a big factor. You can see the difference in certain games. I just want to know why and who caused this! is it his knee or is it Spo and his sudden lack of faith and trust in the big guy.

My guess? That's what happens once you sign a contract that guarantees you 100 million no matter what happens to you.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, JollyMcdo said:

He is owned. We have 5 more hours until trade deadline and tobias harris owner wants whiteside

I shipped him right at the deadline for Gobert.  Had to give up Bullock and Whiteside to get him, but I'm fine with that because, as much as I love Whiteside's good box scores, the ones like last night drive me crazy.