Skal Labissiere 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

depends if and where he is traded, he’s a strong hold imo 

You’re forgetting that we’re talking about the Kings.

And I'm looking forward to chatting to Skal soon . . .  

Posted Images

I think it's only matter of time for him to take away Z-Bo's minutes. I look at it this way: if they have WCS at center and Z-Bo at PF,  the paint is a bit too crowded. They will need Labissiere to stretch the floor and give space for other bigs (Koufos, Papagiannis, WCS - all non-shooters) to operate in the paint. 

Also, I think Z-Bo is here more to be a mentor to the youngsters. Yes, he will start at the 4, but I don't think he will finish the season starting.

I have dropped Tristan Thompson for him the other day, now it's only a patience game.

2 minutes ago, Mad Luke said:

I think it's only matter of time for him to take away Z-Bo's minutes. I look at it this way: if they have WCS at center and Z-Bo at PF,  the paint is a bit too crowded. They will need Labissiere to stretch the floor and give space for other bigs (Koufos, Papagiannis, WCS - all non-shooters) to operate in the paint. 

Also, I think Z-Bo is here more to be a mentor to the youngsters. Yes, he will start at the 4, but I don't think he will finish the season starting.

I have dropped Tristan Thompson for him the other day, now it's only a patience game.

own Tristan too and may join the club... 

His line today was legit (albeit the preseason)

33 minutes

7/10 FG

15 points

4 rebounds

2 assists

1 steal

1 block

1 3PM

1 minute ago, RafiBomb said:

own Tristan too and may join the club... 

His line today was legit (albeit the preseason)

33 minutes

7/10 FG

15 points

4 rebounds

2 assists

1 steal

1 block

1 3PM

Yeah, I don't expect 33 mins, but he could play around 25 mins, which should be enough for him to average around 10-5-1, 0.5 3's, and close to 1 blk and 1 stl IMO

• Like 1

Joeger loves him some Koufos and bringing in more Memphis alum muddies his already suspect rotations even further. There's a lot of nice fliers at the end of the draft this year that would have to be thinned out before I took Skal. Definitely a guy to monitor to see what his minutes are like to start the season to see if he can get mid-high 20s. But they have at least 5 guys who can only play PF/C which has value killing timeshare written all over it.  

I really hate when coaches/teams can't decide between a youth movement and extremely aged vets.. I get teaching the young guys stuff but it should be vice versa on a bad team.. run the young guys out there and let the vets come off the bench and teach them in practice etc. 

I just feel like Joerger is going to end up giving a ton of useless minutes to guys like Koufos, Temple, Randolph, Vince, etc. all in the 20+ and waste good late fantasy talent like Skal, WCS, Hield, and even Fox..

I had some of these guys on my sleeper list for later in the draft but I'm going to have to put them down a peg and target other teams, I just feel like this will be a headache until half way through if not the final month or two. Not sure it's worth waiting that long for relevance.

Edited by Lifschitz
2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Joeger loves him some Koufos and bringing in more Memphis alum muddies his already suspect rotations even further. There's a lot of nice fliers at the end of the draft this year that would have to be thinned out before I took Skal. Definitely a guy to monitor to see what his minutes are like to start the season to see if he can get mid-high 20s. But they have at least 5 guys who can only play PF/C which has value killing timeshare written all over it.  

Man if he plays Koufos over WCS he deserves firing on the spot. Even if this was a playoff team that is a terrible call. WCS>>>>Koufos. Having Randolph around to help Skal come on slowly and learn from is wise, he'll definitely learn how to get the best "deal" off the court too ;)

But seriously, there is no reason to play Koufos over WCS

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Man if he plays Koufos over WCS he deserves firing on the spot. Even if this was a playoff team that is a terrible call. WCS>>>>Koufos. Having Randolph around to help Skal come on slowly and learn from is wise, he'll definitely learn how to get the best "deal" off the court too ;)

But seriously, there is no reason to play Koufos over WCS 

Fixed.

• Haha 3

Owner will prob drop him first couple weeks of the season if he's not starting and inconsistent. Not a priority to draft unless all the good fliers are gone or you are very desperate for a big at the end of draft to round out roster. 

4 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Owner will prob drop him first couple weeks of the season if he's not starting and inconsistent. Not a priority to draft unless all the good fliers are gone or you are very desperate for a big at the end of draft to round out roster. 

i dont see him start in the early season, so prob will just keep him in my watch list first

Wesley Johnson is working Skal on both ends of the court in preseason action tonight. He isn't strong enough to back down players in the post. 

I think the breakout might be next year...

But Koufos did take out Bogdanovic to end the 3rd quarter, so maybe they will bench him so he doesn't injure his own players LOL. 

He really is not ready to play heavy minutrs at pf. All he does is score, and not even that efficient yet.

If you look back at these preseason games, you had small forwards overpowering him and showing their post up game as soon as they were matched up with him. It shows players and coaches understand where his weakeness is and will exploit it.

Bot Skal and WCS have been rather underwhelming this preseason.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Bot Skal and WCS have been rather underwhelming this preseason.

Thanks for your opinion. You think WCS is not locked in for heavy minutes ? He is in his 3rd Year and had produced very well since the Boogie Trade.

He's getting a good deal of minutes by definition - Zach, Skal, Koufos, PapaG is a healthy recipe for decent minutes for fim. Don't think he'll be a great asset this year though. Maybe towards the end of the season, but he's so up and down, and has looked quite bad so far this preseason. He's a special case, I guess, mentally. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hail mary last pick..panicked and needed a big...thought I wasted a pick ...though limited mins/Zbo situation isn't ideal...def great per min-production/versatility. I'm seeing a lot of upside (also flashed late last season)....hmm....def can't bare to drop this kid now.

Edited by IDatDude

Looks like a trebuchet whenever he takes a jumper, looks almost impossible to block.

Though he doesnt get a great amount of minutes, his usage is high whenever he’s on the court and he plays like he cares - good signs