NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Mirotic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell high only makes sense if people think his current production is sustainable, and they are willing to give equal-ish value to him. But sure, let me try to get CJ for him, since they're both ranked top-35.

Lol

5 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Sell high.

21 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Sell high only makes sense if people think his current production is sustainable, and they are willing to give equal-ish value to him. But sure, let me try to get CJ for him, since they're both ranked top-35.

Lol

Sell high literally means you don't think he will keep his production and trade him to someone who thinks he will. You're obviously not trading him for CJ but maybe Rodney Hood, Lou Williams, Jeff Teague, Serge Ibaka or you can package him for a star(those are all trades made in the last few days on yahoo).

Sorry if you're not a smooth negotiator but you may be able to sell him to people for a top 70 player.

• Like 1
On 19/12/2017 at 3:49 PM, greatestmetfan said:

Sell high literally means you don't think he will keep his production and trade him to someone who thinks he will. You're obviously not trading him for CJ but maybe Rodney Hood, Lou Williams, Jeff Teague, Serge Ibaka or you can package him for a star(those are all trades made in the last few days on yahoo).

Sorry if you're not a smooth negotiator but you may be able to sell him to people for a top 70 player.

Sorry, but I'm not "selling high" a potentially top-80 (conservative estimate) player who has top-50 upside (again, conservative estimate) for another top-70 player. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/bulls/features/its-mirotics-moment

That’s an interesting read. Mirotic is only 26 years old, playing in the form of his life and the team is winning, why would they try to trade him? If anything, they will more likely trade Robin Lopez and play Markkanen at Centre.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, WorldFootballStore said:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/bulls/features/its-mirotics-moment

That’s an interesting read. Mirotic is only 26 years old, playing in the form of his life and the team is winning, why would they try to trade him? If anything, they will more likely trade Robin Lopez and play Markkanen at Centre.

Think they view Markkannen as a piece to build around given he was part of that Butler trade. Highly doubt Lauri gets traded.

44 minutes ago, WorldFootballStore said:

19 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

Think they view Markkannen as a piece to build around given he was part of that Butler trade. Highly doubt Lauri gets traded.

Yeah they are definitely not going to trade Lauri.  Portis is the guy they would choose to unload before Mirotic. 

I think by the deadline, they are going to trade either Portis or Mirotic 100%.  It would be stupid to keep three power forwards like that and not try to get an asset for one of them to balance the roster out better or get a pick.  I don't think they would want to play Lauri exclusively at the 5, but yeah they could possibly trade Lopez as well.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
2 hours ago, backyardballer said:

I think you read the guys' comment wrong. He was saying to keep Lauri and trade Lopez so Lauri can play center.

But anyways, yea I agree with Lauri staying and trading Lopez and/or Portis being potentially the best option. Having a starting lineup in the future with Dunn, Lavine, Mirotic, Markkannen, and *insert other forward or center* doesn't look too bad at all.

12 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

why trade mirotic when hes young? 

He's 26 and in his prime on a team that's clearly rebuilding. If he stays put in Chicago then I'm confident the value will stay and he'll be solid. If he's traded to a contender his value is totally up in the air.

I can't get anyone to bite on him for what I'm offering though which is fine with me with how he's playing.

1 hour ago, TheBoondocks said:

Portis is the clear odd man out here and if they trade away Miro instead of him it'll confirm to me that the Bulls organization is just trash 

To me, the odd man out has to be Robin Lopez. He has no place on a rebuilding team and should not be playing 30 mins a night.

Niko's value continues to climb every game and he has a no-trade clause in his contract. In what world would he approve a trade? This isn't a situation where an aging vet is looking to play for a Champion. This is a young guy (and former ACB League MVP) trying to prove a city wrong for doubting him while rebuilding his market value for his next contract negotiation, whether it's this summer or next. He's not going anywhere. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Mirotic playing 30+ minutes would be the ideal, however it's clear from the past 3 or 4 games (which he still produced strong numbers for us owners) that he will be getting 20+ minutes going forward... anybody feeling a bit concerned about this? Or y'all confident he'll be fine for the rest of the season with the current allocated minutes and with his current role...? I read somewhere up top someone mentioned "sell high"... perhaps not such a bad idea, and out of curiosity, who would y'all target, as a prime candidate(s)?

6 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

Mirotic playing 30+ minutes would be the ideal, however it's clear from the past 3 or 4 games (which he still produced strong numbers for us owners) that he will be getting 20+ minutes going forward... anybody feeling a bit concerned about this? Or y'all confident he'll be fine for the rest of the season with the current allocated minutes and with his current role...? I read somewhere up top someone mentioned "sell high"... perhaps not such a bad idea, and out of curiosity, who would y'all target, as a prime candidate(s)?

He'll be getting at least 20+ mins, and there's a chance he may get 30+ mins if either Portis or Lopez gets traded. He's played 7 good games in a row, but nobody will be willing to part ways with another proven top-50 guy for him at the moment. I really don't understand this "sell high" look on him. He has a lot of upside (top 50, conservatively), his floor is top-100, why not just enjoy the ride on a waiver wire pickup (in most cases)? 

19 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Niko's value continues to climb every game and he has a no-trade clause in his contract. In what world would he approve a trade? This isn't a situation where an aging vet is looking to play for a Champion. This is a young guy (and former ACB League MVP) trying to prove a city wrong for doubting him while rebuilding his market value for his next contract negotiation, whether it's this summer or next. He's not going anywhere. Enjoy the ride.

This is a personal opinion you have (not saying you're wrong) but you have no sources to back anything you said and it's pure speculation. 

All you have to do is type in "Nikola Mirotic trade" into google and look at news and you'll not only find articles that say the Bulls want to trade but also that he'll accept a deal out of Chicago. 3 sources below but you can find countless articles. Fantasy owners need to know that there is a possibility he is moved by the deadline and should consider selling high.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/nikola-mirotics-five-game-tear-could-be-his-wanted-ticket-out-of-town/

https://www.isportsweb.com/2017/12/16/chicago-bulls-right-explore-trades-nikola-mirotic/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-mailbag-nikola-mirotic-20171220-story.html

• Like 1