NBC Sports Edge Forums

ridiculous counter offers

ssmarsh

I'm trying to get another big bat for my lineup and during trade talks with the team that has Josh Hamilton, he responds to my initial offer with a counter that includes me sending Sizemore to him as part of the deal. Why would I deal one of my biggest offensive weapons when I'm trying to add offense?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me mental during the fantasy baseball season...

I'm trying to get another big bat for my lineup and during trade talks with the team that has Josh Hamilton, he responds to my initial offer with a counter that includes me sending Sizemore to him as part of the deal. Why would I deal one of my biggest offensive weapons when I'm trying to add offense?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me mental during the fantasy baseball season...

What is so ridiculous about that? Sizemore and Hamilton are two COMPLETELY different fantasy entities. If by "Big Bat" you meant you wanted to add HR and RBI (Hamilton), sometimes you have to do that at the expense of SB and Runs (Sizemore).

Sometimes I try to talk to the other manager over the phone, which makes it much easier. Not everyone is as educated about baseball that play fantasy, which makes it hard to work trades.

some guy offered me sheffield, abreu for webb in my other league, which is ridiculous...i countered with webb and agonz for wagner and tex since i need closer and he rejected...he obviously has no knowledge of fantasy baseball

What is so ridiculous about that? Sizemore and Hamilton are two COMPLETELY different fantasy entities. If by "Big Bat" you meant you wanted to add HR and RBI (Hamilton), sometimes you have to do that at the expense of SB and Runs (Sizemore).

Good point though, it's all about needs.

What is so ridiculous about that?

I found it ridiculous that he asked for one of my best hitters in return for one of his best hitters. Maybe it's just me. FWIW, we count walks towards our SB category so both players are pretty equal in my league.

some guy offered me sheffield, abreu for webb in my other league, which is ridiculous...i countered with webb and agonz for wagner and tex since i need closer and he rejected...he obviously has no knowledge of fantasy baseball

I'd be extremely pleased he declined that if I were you.

Not quite sure where you're going with that one. Rather than count OBP, we have a modified category of 2*SB+BB to give players who walk a lot some value in the roto world.

In my dynasty league, someone recently offered me my choice of either Lastings Milledge (signed to a 4 yr contract) or Adam Jones (signed to a 3 yr contract) for Carlos Lee straight up. I figured I had a different Carlos Lee so I checked my roster just to make sure. I responded letting him know that the draft pool for OF is weak, plus he was a player that could have his contract extended. I countered and let him know that it would take at least a 1st or 2nd round pick in addition of those two to get Lee.

He didn't offer any counter proposal, but he just responded letting me know that I was on crack. He's definitely one of those owners that refuses to give up anything of value for value in return. I responded in kind hoping that he enjoyed those bad contracts.

M

i can't blame him for that at all. whats he supposed to do-give you a "quality" player for a couple of "quanity" players? to get good players you have to be willing to give up good players. again-quanity doesn't equal quality!

Archived