NBC Sports Edge Forums

pls put Draft Date in post. Any 100+$ this week(end)?

why draft a team this weekend?  what if you draft james harden and that he breaks his leg in his last pre season game? 

That is the reason why I have my league's live draft on SUnday October 15th (2 days before the season-opener and more than 24 hours after the last pre-season game)

25 minutes ago, jon.basket said:

why draft a team this weekend?  what if you draft james harden and that he breaks his leg in his last pre season game? 

That is the reason why I have my league's live draft on SUnday October 15th (2 days before the season-opener and more than 24 hours after the last pre-season game)

everyone drafts next weekend including me... several times. and harden could break his leg the first league of the real season (which would be so much more likely than a zero meaning preseason)... so doesn't change random bad luck to have a later draft.

the reason to not draft right before the nba season: because you need multiple new managers... that take this serious.

7 hours ago, rotoJOB said:

everyone drafts next weekend including me... several times. and harden could break his leg the first league of the real season (which would be so much more likely than a zero meaning preseason)... so doesn't change random bad luck to have a later draft.

the reason to not draft right before the nba season: because you need multiple new managers... that take this serious.

Yes, but you have to draft BEFORE the real season starts, right? That's why drafting Saturday October 14th to Tuesday 17th by 4 or 5pm is the safest period. 

1 hour ago, jon.basket said:

raft BEFORE the real season starts, right?

look i hear you. if everyone is in one or two leagues for money, and one or two w friends/fam... (and those leagues are always drafting sunday night before league kickoff) i pretty much figure anyone on the RW leaguefinder service is at that league count at a minimum.

my real point is: this whole board needs managers right? i mean that's the bottom line. not drafting this or that day. these leagues need managers. look at the board in here... it's Packed! and everyone is offering the same 5 hours for drafts basically. So getting into some fantasy basketball purity discussion, when it's just represented by a 8-13cat yahoo league, drafting on such and such date, with such and such draft style, roster spots.. .none of that even really matters at all if the league can't get managers. period.

people just didn't look ahead this year since the nba starts so early for the new spaced out scheduling. Usually there's 3-4 drafting weekends, when this year there's two pretty much... so stands to reason we're going to lose about 25-30% of our leagues because everyone's cramming into such little drafting space. I'm just trying to get people to recognize the schedule. i've dropped several leagues already, and several others have already folded, that didn't really get things set up fast enough and now there's no more time slots.