NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Jordan 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, but Griffin gets hurt after 3 or 4 breakfasts so w/e.

Looks at stat line:  

No, I didn't play at standard league this season. It was deep league and 20 teams, every team only once my opponent. I answer, how it is possible: because it is H2H and anything can happen: 1) Jo

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

I drafted him 6/8 money leagues, he's looking like a real deal w his Ft so far from preseason n tonight game, plus this dud never miss game for anything, how can u not like him?!

I agree, one of the most underrated players imo just because he forces you to punt ft%. I mean guys like Westbrook or Cousins force you to punt turnovers and maybe fg% but people don't really complain. And as you said, he's one of the most durable players. I got him for 17$ in my 14 team league and when i said how happy i am that i got him for that kind of price noone seemed surprised as it is more or less the right price for him. If you punt ft%, he's a first rounder. And the wildest thing is, i have him and Capela and my team is shooting 86% ft this week :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tyboogie said:

I drafted him 6/8 money leagues, he's looking like a real deal w his Ft so far from preseason n tonight game, plus this dud never miss game for anything, how can u not like him?!

Lmao.

• Haha 1

What is this version of Deandre who doesn't hurt you in FTs but also hasn't blocked a shot yet?

I dunno who watches Clipper games, but he doesn't look active at all in attempting to block anything.  Then again, he's been going against trash teams (Lakers and Suns) but still, when you only have 2 fouls in the third and some guard is dunking right in front of you, wouldn't you even move to the guy if you had enough time?  It's a pride thing...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MWon said:

What is this version of Deandre who doesn't hurt you in FTs but also hasn't blocked a shot yet?

I dunno who watches Clipper games, but he doesn't look active at all in attempting to block anything.  Then again, he's been going against trash teams (Lakers and Suns) but still, when you only have 2 fouls in the third and some guard is dunking right in front of you, wouldn't you even move to the guy if you had enough time?  It's a pride thing...

To me Centers who used to blk alot of shots tend to trend down in blks as they mature, takes a lot of effort to blk shots on a consistent bases and that energy it looks like they would rather use it to rebound or change a shot. Like Whiteside who was at one point 3.7blks to 2blks the next season huge difference. 

Okay guys, let's savor the feeling cause we may never have another one.

In 3 games, JJ Barea, listed at a VERY generous 6'0, is out-blocking Deandre.

2 minutes ago, Kicker said:

i think he dipped in blocks last year also,can anyone confirm this with stats?

Thats what steered me away from him,if i go with deandre i want elite blocks

Yes, you draft him knowing you're punting ft% and the trade off is elite reb/blk/fg%

It's only 3 games so I won't sweat it obviously, but just a little surprised he doesn't have 1 block yet. 

I’ve watched each game this year and he’s just missed swatting a few. He’s definitely altering a fair share of shots. There were one or two that I thought were blocks that he wasn’t credited for. I think he will be fine. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1

Regarding both his free throws and blocks, I think they will eventually regress to the mean as there is a lot of variance to both.  DJ blocked 1.7 shots last season so he's already trending from elite to very good.  He will eventually start blocking shots but I wouldn't be surprised if he finished with 1.5 on the year.  The free throw shooting will also regress to the mean but I also think that given an improved form he could hit 60-65% on the season.  I also think that given the new free throw rules he will have less impact.  3/5 isn't out of the question for per game averages.  Given fewer blocks but much less negative free throw impact I bet he will finish top 50 even in non-punt builds.

3 hours ago, izeroi said:

What the heck is going on here??! This dude still doesn't have a single block yet lol? I mean he's only played 3 games but still, not 1 block at least?

I am punting blocks, and last week I beat the team with DJ/Drummond/Capela in blocks....

Feels good mane lol

• 2 weeks later...