NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Jordan 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, but Griffin gets hurt after 3 or 4 breakfasts so w/e.

Looks at stat line:  

No, I didn't play at standard league this season. It was deep league and 20 teams, every team only once my opponent. I answer, how it is possible: because it is H2H and anything can happen: 1) Jo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Joeklebba said:

Man I’m torn on starting this guy in a weekly league. 4 game week so even if he misses tomorrow he still can contribute in a big way, but they’ve been pretty quiet about his injury...

Same here.  Really hoping we hear something tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't own him anywhere and wasn't really paying attention, but was surprised to see that he didn't average even one block in 32 mins/game this season . . . 

Last five years BPG: 2.5, 2.2, 2.3, 1.7, 0.9 

• Thanks 1

I've watched the Clippers for years when I was living in California.

This dude has not improved at all over his tenure in LA.

They might as well let him walk...  

Look at Capella now.  He's basically a better Deandre.  And you would think he has room to improve.

Jordan has not improved at all.  Gobert, Drummond and the like have all improved.  It is really sad.  

How or where should DJ improve? It isn't like he isn't improving his offensive skillset because he had none to begin with. He has maxed out his abilities. To expect he will magically develop skills as he exits his prime is a little unrealistic. The Clippers should let him walk. He isn't that valuable in today's NBA. 

11 hours ago, RealityBasketball said:

I've watched the Clippers for years when I was living in California.

This dude has not improved at all over his tenure in LA.

They might as well let him walk...  

Look at Capella now.  He's basically a better Deandre.  And you would think he has room to improve.

Jordan has not improved at all.  Gobert, Drummond and the like have all improved.  It is really sad.  

...what? Lmao.

Dude was obviously useless when he was one of the rawest players in the league. He took a step back this year (probably because he'll be 30 at the start of next season ?) but he's been one of the best centers/defenders in the NBA for the previous 4 years and made his first All-Star game last year. Saying he hasn't improved is ludicrous, considering he's showed a very consistent and steady pattern of improvement.

From a reality standpoint, he's been the exact same player for 5 years.

His his rebounding is great.  His blocks have dipped.  

I expect him to have one go to move.  Something.  A jump hook, drop step, anything.

He hasn't improved.  His durability is unquestioned though.

He's peaked.  There is no more upside.  What he is now is great, but there is no growth at all in his game.  It is better to target a young big who has room improvement.  Who at least hits 70% from the ft line.

When you watch the Clippers, it is obvious that they function better with Harrell in there.  Boban has made a great impact when given the chance. Jordan will not be worth the money he will demand in free agency.  I think Jerry West knows this.  I hope Jordan goes somewhere else.  

25 minutes ago, RealityBasketball said:

From a reality standpoint, he's been the exact same player for 5 years.

He hasn't been on the Clippers for "5 years", I'm not sure why you're upset that a player had a completely normal and predictable path of progression, or why you're arguing that anything different happened.

I'm saying, he really hasn't improved.  He made great strides early in his career, but what improvement he has shown in the past 5 years?  He's always been a great rebounder... and now for some reason his blocks have dipped.  So in one major way, he has already shown to be declining.  

He is valuable, way more in fantasy than in reality.  Even than, there are more intriguing options than Jordan.  

The other bigs who are in his same tier have all gotten better.  He is regressing.  That is pretty clear to me.  This is his peak.

I give him credit for always playing though.  

I'm also very interested to see what kind of deal he gets this off season.

I'm not ****ting on him, he is a great player, at least for what he does.  I would love to see him get maxed by some dumb team, just not the Clippers.

Like many have said, he is kind of out of place in today's NBA.  You know what you will get from him though...