Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jabari Parker 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those Teammates of his I tell ya...bunch of good guys.   Letting him get those stats again huh? 

Do you actually have any stocks in Jabari or do you just enjoy being super negative in this thread?

i expect his teammate wanted him to shine since its his first game back like some teammates let others get stats on revenge games against their former team. Lets see how he does next game.

His shooting percentage is a little high tonight which is a bit of a caveat.      

 

However I stand by that 26 minutes of a player of Jabari's calibre is a fantasy ownable player, especially considering the quality of the Milwaukee bench.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jabari Parker is not being listed on the injury report for Wednesday's game against the Pistons.

It looks like Parker could be playing in his first back-to-back set of the season today, which would be very encouraging for his rest-of-season outlook. His minutes have been steadily rising, and he's scored in double figures in his previous two outings, so it'll be interesting to see what he can do tonight. He tore the ACL in his left knee twice over a three-year span, so his play this season has really been nothing short of incredible.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

are you guys starting him tonight? i think if he plays, he won't get the same amount of minutes he has gotten the past couple of games cause it's a back to back, so his numbers will not be great tonight because of that. It's not only a back to back game, but 3 games in 4 nights...

Edited by magic32
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, magic32 said:

are you guys starting him tonight? i think if he plays, he won't get the same amount of minutes he has gotten the past couple of games cause it's a back to back, so his numbers will not be great tonight because of that. It's not only a back to back game, but 3 games in 4 nights...

 

Definitely a concern. I'm going back and forth on starting him as well. He looked really good yesterday (I was at the game, watching him pretty closely). Its probably going to be a last minute decision for me on whether I plug him in. I told myself I wasnt going to put him in until March, whats one day early, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

 

Definitely a concern. I'm going back and forth on starting him as well. He looked really good yesterday (I was at the game, watching him pretty closely). Its probably going to be a last minute decision for me on whether I plug him in. I told myself I wasnt going to put him in until March, whats one day early, right?

It's March already somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Bari was ready to come back for months, so him playing bigger minutes and b2b is no real surprise. If the ACL is fully healed, then its fully healed. He has little to no more chance of another acl than any other player out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2018 at 10:36 AM, ROTY said:

Remember Bari was ready to come back for months, so him playing bigger minutes and b2b is no real surprise. If the ACL is fully healed, then its fully healed. He has little to no more chance of another acl than any other player out there.

The issue will be moreso fatigue than anything else - the knee will be strong, but muscle fatigue/unilateral strength imbalances could result in poor landing technique etc etc in longer minutes until he's fully reconditioned again.

 

They're in an awkward spot between gradually progressing him and pushing for the playoffs/seeing where he's at before dropping big money on him this free agency.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LuN said:

anyone know if/when we can expect an uptick of minutes?

He's playing well in the limited playing time he's getting. Id except him to consistently play 25-30 mins(less minutes in b2b of course) from here on out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kb2432786 said:

What’s the deal with Jabari here.... he’s still not producing and they keep babying him.

Let him play the 3 games this week and then drop on Saturday to stream someone for Sunday, so you get 4 games out of his spot. He is sucking but I still feel that he is just as likely as anyone left on the wire to have a decent line. And at least he is always getting 25 min or so. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...