NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jabari Parker 2017-2018 Season Outlook

kobebryant24

8 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I think that is smart to stick with the plan they have set out the whole time and not to rush him.  It is unprecedented for a player so young in basketball to tear his acl twice in the same knee like that. 

I don't have him this year, but I really hope he can quickly get back to what he was becoming which was a beast and an all-star.  He had so much burst and aggression when taking it to the rack and he did not lose anything from the first acl tear once the rust wore off. It would really be a shame if the second tear sapped his athleticism and he couldn't get back to what he was.  

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Woe to me for considering a Jason Kidd player coming off injury but what does an avg Jabari line look like this season? Worried with Giannis and Middleton improvements and Bledsoe soaking up stats now there might just not be enough to go around... could he be traded?

Got home and fired up the trade machine, how about Jabari and Henson for Deandre and 2nd round pick... Who says no?

Clippers get a great 1-2 punch with Jabari and Blake (to rebuild without waste Blake's prime and hope PatBev comes back strong) and serviceable to average center instead of having Deandre walk in the summer for nothing. Bucks get a shot at making a run (Bledsoe, Giannis, Middleton Deandre is pretty intimdating), and if good enough they could probably retain Deandre OR if they don't retain Deandre and offloaded Henson's awful contract they'll have nice cap room to swing at another free agent.

46 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

The Clippers. Why would they get someone who plays the same position as Blake?

Run Jabari at SF, Blake at PF. Gallo can play sporatically between injuries lol

Pat Bev / Milos

Lou Will / Rivers

Jabari / Gallo / Dekker

Blake / Harrell

Henson / Reed

That looks better than what they'll acquire when DeAndre leaves for nothing next season... Plus the market for him is pretty limited so they don't have much leverage. Not saying it will happen, just an interesting thought exercise

Edited by RCRanger03

Jabari is a 22 year old monster. I would never even contemplate trading him for an unloyal 29 year old situational center who expects the max and can walk next season. no way in hell. Bledsoe/Brogdon/Middleton/Jabari/Giannis is the death line up of the century. Jabari is legendary in transition and the bucks were super dangerous last year when they played Bari at center

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ThottiePippen said:

Jabari is a 22 year old monster. I would never even contemplate trading him for an unloyal 29 year old situational center who expects the max and can walk next season. no way in hell. Bledsoe/Brogdon/Middleton/Jabari/Giannis is the death line up of the century. Jabari is legendary in transition and the bucks were super dangerous last year when they played Bari at center

Wow, didn't watch a lot of Bucks games last year. Did Jabari play some center then? or?

22 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Wow, didn't watch a lot of Bucks games last year. Did Jabari play some center then? or?

I dont think there is any chance we see Jabari starting at Center but they maybe use a small ball-ish line up with Brogdon Bledsoe Midleton Giannis and Jabari with positionless game style (they would kill any team in transition). I think they still want to wait on Maker's development to use him as their future Stretch big man at five. Jabari was explosive as hell last year and if he comes back without losing a bit of his athleticism like he did last year (that a big IF though) he will be able to produce averages of 15-16/ 6-8/ 1/ 1 and 2 3s once he is at full speed again. I believe he could play some sf if needed (he would be better than Gordon playing sf for sure) but his natural position is Pf. All these are optimistic speculations as Jabari is coming from his 2nd torn ACL in 3 years and in case he has lost a bit of his athleticism or confidence we might see Jabari just being a complimentary player of the rest Truth is, Jabary's game is depended on his athleticism and explosiveness. Another thing to take into account is the plethora of restrictions that will come and the rest in all B2B games util the post season... In leagues with IR spots he should be definitely stashed but i wouldnt advise the same in the ones w/o IR spots. I am in a league w/o IR spots and i wouldnt cut anything valuable to get him right now.

Fortunately, from Feb. 4 to Apr. 11 Bucks play only 2 B2B but i dont expect him to be 100% until March...

Edited by Manos A

48 minutes ago, Manos A said:

I dont think there is any chance we see Jabari starting at Center but they maybe use a small ball-ish line up with Brogdon Bledsoe Midleton Giannis and Jabari with positionless game style (they would kill any team in transition). I think they still want to wait on Maker's development to use him as their future Stretch big man at five. Jabari was explosive as hell last year and if he comes back without losing a bit of his athleticism like he did last year (that a big IF though) he will be able to produce averages of 15-16/ 6-8/ 1/ 1 and 2 3s once he is at full speed again. I believe he could play some sf if needed (he would be better than Gordon playing sf for sure) but his natural position is Pf. All these are optimistic speculations as Jabari is coming from his 2nd torn ACL in 3 years and in case he has lost a bit of his athleticism or confidence we might see Jabari just being a complimentary player of the rest Truth is, Jabary's game is depended on his athleticism and explosiveness. Another thing to take into account is the plethora of restrictions that will come and the rest in all B2B games util the post season... In leagues with IR spots he should be definitely stashed but i wouldnt advise the same in the ones w/o IR spots. I am in a league w/o IR spots and i wouldnt cut anything valuable to get him right now.

Fortunately, from Feb. 4 to Apr. 11 Bucks play only 2 B2B but i dont expect him to be 100% until March...

So if your playoff starts at week 21 (3/5/2018) and ends week 23 (3/19/2018), then he really won't be worth the trouble?

35 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So if your playoff starts at week 21 (3/5/2018) and ends week 23 (3/19/2018), then he really won't be worth the trouble?

I didnt say that. He could be a difference maker in the playoffs if he comes back the way he did last year. He will also probably be a pain in the a** to own until then. So it actually depends on your League settings, your rank in the standings and your patience in general to consider if he is worth the stash now or in the near future... 

A couple years ago, they experimented with playing Giannis at center and he thrived like mad. Considering Parker is a natural 4, he's exactly what they need if Kidd wants to return to that line up since Middleton is too small to play PF and Henson is a liability on offense. 

Peep it: Giannis-Parker-Middleton-Brogdon-Bledsoe. Now that's sexy.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:35 PM, chud12 said:
In pregame Jason Kidd mentioned the team has pegged Jabari Parker’s return for — generally speaking — the week before the All-Star break. First time anyone has pinpointed it that I’ve heard.

I think he will return to the court before that week. They play two games the week leading to the ASB then have 7 days off. I don't like that lay-off after just returning. The week of 2.4 - 2.10 they play 4 away games with a B2B. I know I'm over-analyzing but I say he returns either 1.29 at home vs. the Sixers or 2.2 at home vs. the Knicks. It appears I'm just trying to justify the idea of stashing him today in my league with no IR slot...lol. 

4 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I think he will return to the court before that week. They play two games the week leading to the ASB then have 7 days off. I don't like that lay-off after just returning. The week of 2.4 - 2.10 they play 4 away games with a B2B. I know I'm over-analyzing but I say he returns either 1.29 at home vs. the Sixers or 2.2 at home vs. the Knicks. It appears I'm just trying to justify the idea of stashing him today in my league with no IR slot...lol. 

I agree with him returning possibly on 29th of January ! Picked him up today, hoping to see almost the same stats from last year. I think its possible, but he has to play more time with 2nd unit imo. Picking him was a decision between him and Mike Conley. Gut feeling says, that was the right decision!