NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jabari Parker 2017-2018 Season Outlook

kobebryant24

Matt Velazquez‏Verified account @Matt_Velazquez

FollowFollow @Matt_Velazquez

More

Here's what Jabari Parker had to say when asked about his rehab progress and pending return: “Within these couple weeks. I think it’s (up) in the air for now. Got to keep on talking it over with the medical staff.”

1 hour ago, mchspd3 said:

Matt Velazquez‏Verified account @Matt_Velazquez

FollowFollow @Matt_Velazquez

More

Here's what Jabari Parker had to say when asked about his rehab progress and pending return: “Within these couple weeks. I think it’s (up) in the air for now. Got to keep on talking it over with the medical staff.”

just give it a date already....sheesh

29 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

because he says maybe in a couple of weeks idk. Doesn't sound confident.

He's been pegged for a Feb return for quite a while now. He's been in game ready shape for quite some time but the Bucks want him to stick to the timetable. No reason for them to hold him back even further. I feel that what he means by 'up in the air' is the exact date within these two weeks he returns.

• Like 3

My league is weird and playoffs start February 5th... y'all think he is worth picking up with his return and fantasy schedule being considered? My team is below if that helps make the decision. Also, I'm in second with a guarantee bye week. 

PG: Dennis Schroder / Eric Bledsoe

SG: Devin Booker / Tyreke Evans / Gary Harris

SF: T.J. Warren / Otto Porter Jr.  / Trevor Ariza

PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo / Kristaps Porzingis 

C:  Dwight Howard / Hassan Whiteside / Dewayne Dedmon

Edited by COVE

5 minutes ago, COVE said:

My league is weird and playoffs start February 5th... y'all think he is worth picking up with his return and fantasy schedule being considered? My team is below if that helps make the decision. Also, I'm in second with a guarantee bye week. 

Feb 5th? You better stay away from any kind of stash. Parker is expected to be back with a hell of restrictions. Im sure you can find something better in your WW than a star player who will play like only 15 mins and rest on B2B

28 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Feb 5th? You better stay away from any kind of stash. Parker is expected to be back with a hell of restrictions. Im sure you can find something better in your WW than a star player who will play like only 15 mins and rest on B2B

damn only 15 min?

i expect atleast 20 min for a while and rest on b2b

1 hour ago, necro892003 said:

damn only 15 min?

i expect atleast 20 min for a while and rest on b2b

Just a speculation. I just dont think Bucks would take any risk with Jabari coming back from his 2nd ACL torn in 3 years

39 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Just a speculation. I just dont think Bucks would take any risk with Jabari coming back from his 2nd ACL torn in 3 years

I believe that as well.

I figured 20 - 25 min for the rest of the year. I dont see him going over 30.

Hopefully. Ill take it. If he play 15 min the rest of the way its drop city lol

2 hours ago, COVE said:

AC forum 

6 hours ago, mchspd3 said:

I thought he said within the next two week. Sound like he doing well and he just need doctor approval.

He has been playing 5 on 5 and g league to get his conditioning up.

I have been holding.

I drafted him and stashed him in my INJ spot and never once thought about dropping him. I picked up D. Carroll from the Nets and used him in what would have been Parker's normal roster spot and it's worked out beautifully. 

5 hours ago, necro892003 said:

I believe that as well.

I figured 20 - 25 min for the rest of the year. I dont see him going over 30.

Hopefully. Ill take it. If he play 15 min the rest of the way its drop city lol

I believe he can go back to his full allocation of 30+ minutes by the time March rolls around - about a week after the ASB. This is assuming he returns right on schedule before the ASB, of course. This is a similar timeline to how Middleton came back from his hamstring tear last season.

He is a core piece of their franchise and is sorely needed for their playoff push.

Two ACL tears is no joke, but so was Middleton's hamstring tear - it was literally torn off the bone, he was expected to miss the entire season, and yet he somehow managed to come back in time to be a fantasy stud for playoffs. With Parker, his teammates are raving about his recovery, he's been in game shape for quite some time, he looks healthy and he's probably working on his conditioning - it will be slow at first, but I don't see how it would take too long for him to get back in the swing of things.

Edited by Espoiral