NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jabari Parker 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those Teammates of his I tell ya...bunch of good guys.   Letting him get those stats again huh? 

Do you actually have any stocks in Jabari or do you just enjoy being super negative in this thread?

i expect his teammate wanted him to shine since its his first game back like some teammates let others get stats on revenge games against their former team. Lets see how he does next game.

Just now, Gdupm6 said:

Making his Debut Friday ? Worth adding in 10 team leagues ? 

Intriguing stash to have imho.

I’m in an 8-teamer and have stashed him for a few weeks in IL.

All-Star caliber player, but will be limited off second ACL tear + new rotation pieces with Bledsoe, Middleton (didn’t emerge together last year) and a rising Giannis.

47 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

How ridiculous do you guys expect the restrictions to be? I imagine no back to backs either.

A reasonable 12-15min, 15-20min?

Haven't checked how long he's been healthy to play, don't want to, but LaVine was healthy for awhile, which I attribute to his aggressiveness in pushing the minute extensions.

Jabari is a nice and respectful young man though like J. Isaac, so it's possible he'll just nod his head at w/e the team decides.

That's too much. After all it's the same injury with LaVine's and the fact it's the second time doesn't make a dif as I suppose they are activating him because he is 100% recovered. It can be like that for the first 5 games, but i expect a slight increase in the next set of 5 games and then 25 mins just after his first 10 games. No back2backs though.

After all from what i have read he seems to be completely recovered the last couple of months, it's not that they rushed him back.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

it's the same injury with LaVine's and the fact it's the second time doesn't make a dif as I suppose they are activating him because he is 100% recovered.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone's minutes predictions because honestly I have no idea what I think its going to be. 

But it being the second time IS a huge difference.

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone's minutes predictions because honestly I have no idea what I think its going to be. 

But it being the second time IS a huge difference.

But medically it really isn't. 

Funny how Rotoworld prior to today was suggesting great stash this entire time,  and now that he's on the verge of returning,  they change their tune and write in today's Daily Dose that  "he won't be worth the headache in most leagues."   

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I predict by fantasy playoff time he will be something along the lines of 8pts/2reb/1.2ast/0.5 threes/.40% FG/.73% FT/2TO

Good enough for end of bench bloke. 

These numbers are end of bench in 20 team leagues.

5 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

But medically it really isn't. 

No, it is.

“If I reconstruct the ACL in your knee, and you go back to sports, and three years later you pivot on a basketball court and tear it again, that subsequent surgery often does not have results equal to the original surgery,” says Rick W. Wright, MD, the MARS study’s principal investigator. “In a previous study, we found that the strongest predictor for a bad outcome after ACL surgery was whether that surgery was the initial reconstruction or a subsequent procedure.”

https://source.wustl.edu/2011/09/study-looks-at-why-second-acl-surgeries-often-fail/

4 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I mean 2 straight years of this guy blowing off his ACL. He's a walking time bomb.

Unfortunately he could be.  Someone his age tearing his ACL twice like this in basketball is unprecedented.  The only other guys in the NBA that have had two ACL tears were much older (Danny Manning and Michael Redd), and they were not the same after the second tear. 

But those were many years so advancements in medicine obviously have been made and again he is younger than they were.  I love Jabari, he is one of my favorite players, and I hope for the best.  But I don't think any of us can truly predict how he is going to be.

16 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Funny how Rotoworld prior to today was suggesting great stash this entire time,  and now that he's on the verge of returning,  they change their tune and write in today's Daily Dose that  "he won't be worth the headache in most leagues."   

Rotoworld writers are a bunch of dumbasses. Their latest "advice" on Teodosic was "he looks like the cousin of Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters".

Thanks Rotoworld you bunch of spuds.