NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jabari Parker 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those Teammates of his I tell ya...bunch of good guys.   Letting him get those stats again huh? 

Do you actually have any stocks in Jabari or do you just enjoy being super negative in this thread?

i expect his teammate wanted him to shine since its his first game back like some teammates let others get stats on revenge games against their former team. Lets see how he does next game.

27 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

No, it is.

“If I reconstruct the ACL in your knee, and you go back to sports, and three years later you pivot on a basketball court and tear it again, that subsequent surgery often does not have results equal to the original surgery,” says Rick W. Wright, MD, the MARS study’s principal investigator. “In a previous study, we found that the strongest predictor for a bad outcome after ACL surgery was whether that surgery was the initial reconstruction or a subsequent procedure.”

https://source.wustl.edu/2011/09/study-looks-at-why-second-acl-surgeries-often-fail/

It's talking about failure of the second procedure. Reports say he is 100% ok. I think they would have found any issue after two months that he is ok and practicing.

Edited by RipCity0
3 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

It's talking about failure of the second procedure. Reports say he is 100% ok. I think they would have found any issue after two months that he is ok and practicing.

I am not doubting that he is medically cleared.  All I am saying is there is a difference (which the failure of a second procedure factors into that) between Zach tearing his ACL once and Jabari tearing his ACL twice.  And that may determine how they handle Jabari with minutes/back to backs versus how the Bulls are handling Zach.

A guy in my league used half of his 100 waiver wire dollars to pick up Jabari in the off-season when he was dropped...only to drop him this past weekend a day or two before they announced his return. And the guy he dropped Jabari to pick up (Marvin Williams) is now injured

lol

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Judicious said:

A guy in my league used half of his 100 waiver wire dollars to pick up Jabari in the off-season when he was dropped...only to drop him this past weekend a day or two before they announced his return. And the guy he dropped Jabari to pick up (Marvin Williams) is now injured

lol

ban him from the league

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Judicious said:

lol

Would love to hear his rationale for that one.

19 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

temper expectations here. Jabari is one of the the greatest Bucks players to ever play the game but i feel he might even go scoreless in his first game back if it is indeed this Friday. Hes not in game shape.

The level of disrespect exhibited here.

3 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

The level of disrespect exhibited here.

I'm sorry but I don't see him playing more than 15 minutes on Friday and even though he is one of the greatest Bucks players to ever play the game, he might lay a goose egg in his first game back. Its not disrespectful, its just a possibility.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Identikit said:

I have a feeling that Parker won't have that many limitations. Remember when Middleton came back last year?

Nah, he will be handled with kid gloves (better than Kidd gloves mirite)

My guess is at least a month of 15-20 minutes and no back to backs

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Is he worth adding in 10 team leagues? Thinking of dropping love for him now that Love is out 6-8 weeks.... smh

Im deciding between him and Gallo 

Just now, Trifecta said:

Im deciding between him and Gallo 

Tough one, but I remember Jabari when he played he was balling out.. I just don't know how productive he will be given the limitations. Im in a bind right now.

39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Matt Velazquez
‏@Matt_Velazquez
 Jabari Parker said he expects to be limited to about 15 mins when he returns Friday night. Will ramp up from there.

sounds about right. I expect him to be at 15 mins for 30 games then unleash him to 20 minutes after that.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

sounds about right. I expect him to be at 15 mins for 30 games then unleash him to 20 minutes after that.

30 games? NOW ITS 30? What happened to 15 mins for 15 games????:angry:

Just now, Manos A said:

30 games? NOW ITS 30? What happened to 15 mins for 15 games????:angry:

Back to back years of season ending injuries made me rethink it. Lets just say 15 to 30 games so ehh 22 games? Either way he will be unleashed by April 20 minutes per game.