Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook


JMASTERJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, DLG10 said:

Who are you guys picking up now that you are dropping him?

Watch he blowup after i drop him.

 

 

he wont though..hes been sucking for awhile..outside of the beginning of the season IIRC hes been pretty mediocre. i just picked up Reggie Bullock rather tack a flyer on him for threes/points otherwise on to someone else until i hit gold. better then these consistent goose eggs from James.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Who are you guys picking up now that you are dropping him?

Watch he blowup after i drop him.

 

E'Twaun Moore! That pickup alone saved me my matchup on last day! He wont blow up, JRich has official been named the Miami stock market 2017-2018. James was last year. You, my man got to hope they trade him in non playoff team and he blows off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're a sure lock into the playoffs, I'd hold for now. I feel his bad performances are partly due to injury and Coach Spo's rotations. I hope as they push for their playoff run, Coach gets to tighten the rotation more. If given more minutes and a more prominent role, he can really deliver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ThisIsSparta said:

If you're a sure lock into the playoffs, I'd hold for now. I feel his bad performances are partly due to injury and Coach Spo's rotations. I hope as they push for their playoff run, Coach gets to tighten the rotation more. If given more minutes and a more prominent role, he can really deliver.

 

hes getting 27 minutes over last month how much more can he possibly get? he avg'd that last year with his career year. hes just not producing  but maybe your right about the injury and he needs time to settle in..i think hes had more then enough time though.,.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

 

hes getting 27 minutes over last month how much more can he possibly get? he avg'd that last year with his career year. hes just not producing  but maybe your right about the injury and he needs time to settle in..i think hes had more then enough time though.,.

 

Yes, sadly, that seems to be the case. I also hope it is just a rotation issue that needs to be fixed. Last year, he had the minutes and a prominent role, along with a complete and healthy lineup. The only difference was Olynyk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JChan17 said:

I'm still laughing at all the people saying he was gonna turn it around and talking about his career numbers. Such fools...once again last year was a fluke. This guy sucks lol. Glad I dropped him weeks ago 

 

Dude we get it, you can't stand him. Enough with your posts about how he sucks and how everyone got fooled by him, what's the point?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there's a good chance Miami will deal Whiteside and possibly also Dragic to open up minutes across the team.. I'm going to wait post trade-deadline before deciding if I drop or not.. if Miami doesn't make any moves I won't be keeping him. Johnson needs the ball in his hands, he's a point forward. In the game vs Charlotte where Dragic sat out they handed him the ball and he went off for 20+ and ran the team completely. He can bounce back, but he needs Dragic / Whiteside out of the picture. 

 

A lot of people here criticizing him or trying to figure out why he's not playing well are missing the real reason, and it's because he needs to handle the ball. He stated recently a few games ago when asked about his struggles that he isn't being used the same way as last year, they have him more as a spot up shooter and occassional cutter, whereas he's a poor man's LeBron type with the ball in his hands, because he's a mismatch nightmare since he can post smaller players and attack bigger players off the dribble, and he plays the pick and roll really well up at the top of the key.

 

He's not a catch and shoot guy, they need to get him out of that spot. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I think there's a good chance Miami will deal Whiteside and possibly also Dragic to open up minutes across the team.. I'm going to wait post trade-deadline before deciding if I drop or not.. if Miami doesn't make any moves I won't be keeping him. Johnson needs the ball in his hands, he's a point forward. In the game vs Charlotte where Dragic sat out they handed him the ball and he went off for 20+ and ran the team completely. He can bounce back, but he needs Dragic / Whiteside out of the picture. 

 

A lot of people here criticizing him or trying to figure out why he's not playing well are missing the real reason, and it's because he needs to handle the ball. He stated recently a few games ago when asked about his struggles that he isn't being used the same way as last year, they have him more as a spot up shooter and occassional cutter, whereas he's a poor man's LeBron type with the ball in his hands, because he's a mismatch nightmare since he can post smaller players and attack bigger players off the dribble, and he plays the pick and roll really well up at the top of the key.

 

He's not a catch and shoot guy, they need to get him out of that spot. 

Are there reports of Miami wanting to deal dragic and whitey?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Are there reports of Miami wanting to deal dragic and whitey?

 

Whiteside yes, Dragic not yet. Their roster just has too much depth and redundancy. They need to open it up for Adebayo / Olynyk / Winsow / Johnson. I think they also want Richardson to take over more at PG with playmaking. Whiteside struggles when they face small ball lineups, that's why they opt to go smaller late in games because of the speed of scoring guards and teams opting to go smaller to get Whiteside out of the game, Whiteside's immobility hurts him on the perimeter and he gives up trying to run at shooters when teams make the extra pass. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...