NBC Sports Edge Forums

Biggest Busts 2017 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Pryor is coming off 70 yards and a TD vs. an All-Pro CB, the first page is clueless.

He's underperformed, but to call him a bust is nonsense.

Him and Demaryius Thomas have the same amount of production thus far, yet I didn't see anyone calling him a bust on page 1. 

As a skins fan, I also saw Pryor push off on Peters for that 40+ td. He has had stone hands thus far and has been quite the bust considering his adp. I do think he can turn it around though.

Edited by Skins33
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine (across 2 leagues):

Marshawn

Woodhead

(Don't think it was a bad idea to draft either of them; it was a predictably bad idea to draft both on the same team. At least they were my RB3+4, but spent a 4th and a 6th)

Hunter Henry (7th) - booted for EE

Corey C and Corey D

(Not busts, but my 9th and 10th Rd gems! Would've made up for my Lynch+Woodhead fiasco! So sad!)

Big Ben (7th) - booted and replaced by accidentally auto-drafted Dak (9th)

Martavis (4.1) - I think he'll pay off, but so far no good

Alshon (3.12) and Tate (6.1) - expecting big things from Alshon, more than he's currently doing, and expected consistency from Tate...

Reed (5.12) - fml... liked my other 5 picks, thought I'd give it a try (immediately regretted it)

Howard (2.1) - because I benched him week 3 after he cost me week 2 thus costing me week 3 too (okay, that one is on me)

Objective list:

McCoy...  early/mid 1st

Julio...  early/mid 1st

Gordon...  mid/late 1st

Murray...  1st/2nd

Amari...  mid/late 2nd

Cooks...  late 2nd

Pryor...  3rd

Crowell... 3rd/4th

DT... 3rd/4th

Brees... 3rd/4th

Martavis...  4th-6th

Lynch...  4th

Powell...  4th/5th

Ryan...  4th/5th

Reed...  5th/6th

A lot of these guys are likely to turn it around, so hard to call them busts, and some have just significantly under-played their draft spot but haven't totally bottomed out. Depends how you want to define bust

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You're welcome. It's clear you don't understand the point of the thread. 

And it's clear that you haven't touched a boob before.

18 minutes ago, Skins33 said:

As a skins fan, I also saw Pryor push off on Peters for that 40+ td. He has had stone hands thus far and has been quite the bust considering his adp. I do think he can turn it around though.

WR's get away with subtle pushing off all the time. He had Peters beat by a few steps and wouldn't have needed to nudge him had the ball been lead further. But agreed, he's an easy positive regression candidate.

4 hours ago, youngrice said:

I agree with you and I was happy to see people in my leagues take him in the fourth.  But some people on this board touted him as a top 10(Axe) RB and drafted him in late 3rd to early 4th round.  At that price he is most definitely a bust.

Good ol Axe. Crowell was an easy fade at his price.

McCoy is the biggest non-injury bust of all time if you drafted him in the first. He will not score a TD all year

Julio Jones.  

I'll take him off the list when he cracks the top 30 WR's in fantasy scoring in my league.  Currently being outscored by the likes of Robby Anderson, Jermain Kearse, Devin Funchess and Nelson Agholor...among others.

My biggest busts --- based on the amount of play per-page

1. Derrick Henry --- if the mods didn't remove half the posts you have to assume that thread would be over 100

2. Brandin Cooks

3. Joe Mixon

4. Easy Engram

Chris Carson--- darn-it

The bluckbuster threads

1. Todd Gurley

2. Ezekiel Elliot

52 minutes ago, hype said:

Brandon Marshall

in-case you didn't know department --- Marshall has had 14 catches the last 2 weeks 

I just don't think Brandon is done ... not yet. The guy is talented and I believe he is going to start rolling.

27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Mike Gillislee.  Yeah the guy has fallen into the end zone from the 1 a few times, but he's looked pretty horrible doing it.  

Yeah, but where was he drafted? Not even close, unless you got over-excited by week 1.

Biggest busts in our 20-team auction league (not including injuries, $200 budget, I reckon $30+ counts as a serious investment):

Jay Ajayi $61

Amari Cooper $56

Marshawn Lynch $50

Terrelle Pryor $43

Isaiah Crowell $33

Still TBD - Antonio Brown ($98), Cooks ($68), Dez Bryant ($64), Melvin Gordon ($63), DeMarco Murray ($57), TY Hilton ($48), Jeffery ($46), McCaffrey ($43), Matt Ryan ($36), Mixon ($30), Jimmy Graham ($30), Jordan Reed ($30).

I think the TBDs could still justify their outlay. Maybe.