NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryce Harper 2018 Outlook

EmbargoLifted
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, nykid1981 said:

I feel bad for whatever team gets sucked in by Boras and pays this guy $300M+

Dont worry.  Boras will just direct team X to this thread and say “See!  It’s just that his BABIP is low!  No worries here!”

Team X “Ohhh ok, no problem!  Here’s $400 million!”

That’s how the Harper apologists see it happening anyway.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:43 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

Another 0-4. I dont even own Harper anymore but this is making me sad

Totally agree with this.

Bryce is not my cup of tea  --ego-driven pomp and pompadour-- but I'm starting to feel real sympathy for the man. Can't be emotionally easy, athlete millionaire or not.

[Removed Cool Story]

Wasnt there some report back in 2015 when he had his best season, him and his then gf/now wife broke up?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2015/01/09/bryce-harper-and-kayla-varners-january-wedding-didnt-happen/?utm_term=.76fb010b244e

And as soon as they get back together:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/bryce-is-back-together-with-his-ex-fiance-anddddd-hes-hurt-again/

Maybe shes wearing him out? :rolleyes:

Or maybe hes gotta find a way to play angry again...

On 6/18/2018 at 5:41 PM, richg24 said:

Based on my reading of this thread all I can say is....buy low. No reason he can't turn it around and hit .350 in July after hitting .150 in June

Yeah in a league where they play without gloves maybe ?

On 6/18/2018 at 4:41 PM, richg24 said:

Based on my reading of this thread all I can say is....buy low. No reason he can't turn it around and hit .350 in July after hitting .150 in June

Did you read the April posts where you said he was better than Trout? Lol. I guess some guys just have to go down w the ship. 

Can’t believe how bad Harper has been. 

Archived