NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Simmons 2017-2018 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, Dogtooth said:

i got him for K.Love last week.. i think i made the right choice? or not? long term? i partnerd him with giannis. Any thoughts?

If you can handle the occasional FT hit, sure. I actually paired him with Giannis as well but in a dynasty, fun times ahead for us. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're taking him over the likes of Towns you're losing your league one way or another, taking him 6th is a comical overreaction.

Yes. Must watch TV for me

21 pts, 12 rebs, 10 asts, 1 stl, 4 TOs, 8/11 FG, 5/6 FT   At this point, I wouldn't bet against him finishing in the top 50. This was his fourth game as a professional.

11 minutes ago, bobcats81 said:

If you can handle the occasional FT hit, sure. I actually paired him with Giannis as well but in a dynasty, fun times ahead for us. 

Good God in Heaven.... I  can't even fathom the pricetag on Simmons in a dynasty league. He would literally be untouchable for me. Durant & Davis nah, Boogie Kyrie and Lebron, nope. 

13 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Good God in Heaven.... I  can't even fathom the pricetag on Simmons in a dynasty league. He would literally be untouchable for me. Durant & Davis nah, Boogie Kyrie and Lebron, nope. 

Yeah he's at least a top 10 asset in dynasty in my book, for pure rebuilding teams like mine it goes up to top 5 I'd say. Actually got him at #21 in the start up draft which I though were cheap but some others thought it was a major reach.

Just imagining what he can do in his prime is just scary really, even if he never does develop his three (which I think he will eventually, albeit to maybe just 1/game). 

Edited by bobcats81
3 hours ago, BBOY said:

thats crazy lol

ben needs to chill with the heaves

Edited by affliction

Because he's not measuring up and actually shooting three's, he's tossing prayers with a  second left on the clock from beyond halfway.

As he mentions in the article a lot of contracts are tied to statistics and percentages and players will shy away from taking that last second shot for fear or lowering their percentages. Which detracts from the spectacle of the game.

Ben being 0/7 from 3's paints the illusion that he's actually taken 3's and bricked them all. In reality he's just thrown hail Mary's. 3's aren't a part of his game yet and the stats should reflect that.

I'm not sure how they should tackle it, but I don't think a halfcourt prayer (whether they make it or not) should be included in the FGm/FGa/FG% categories.