NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Simmons 2017-2018 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, Whos_House said:

Because he's not measuring up and actually shooting three's, he's tossing prayers with a  second left on the clock from beyond halfway.

As he mentions in the article a lot of contracts are tied to statistics and percentages and players will shy away from taking that last second shot for fear or lowering their percentages. Which detracts from the spectacle of the game.

Ben being 0/7 from 3's paints the illusion that he's actually taken 3's and bricked them all. In reality he's just thrown hail Mary's. 3's aren't a part of his game yet and the stats should reflect that.

I'm not sure how they should tackle it, but I don't think a halfcourt prayer (whether they make it or not) should be included in the FGm/FGa/FG% categories.

That's not a "silly nba rule" though. It's a 3 pointer. He knows it's a 3 pointer. He's making it seem like him being in a 0/7+ hole on 3s whenever he starts shooting 3s is a big deal. If it mattered that much, he wouldn't shoot it. Honestly, this guy is making a big deal out of nothing.

• Like 2
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're taking him over the likes of Towns you're losing your league one way or another, taking him 6th is a comical overreaction.

Yes. Must watch TV for me

21 pts, 12 rebs, 10 asts, 1 stl, 4 TOs, 8/11 FG, 5/6 FT   At this point, I wouldn't bet against him finishing in the top 50. This was his fourth game as a professional.

On 2017-11-19 at 7:32 PM, RCRanger03 said:

Good God in Heaven.... I  can't even fathom the pricetag on Simmons in a dynasty league. He would literally be untouchable for me. Durant & Davis nah, Boogie Kyrie and Lebron, nope. 

He pretty much is in my dynasty league. Turned down KAT straight up, and whiteside + dipo.

3 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Is this guy forreal. "silly nba rule". He's shooting 3s. Why wouldn't it count?

Because it's misleading. He is heaving half court shots. Much different than shooting a regular 3. Not saying I agree but that's the rationale 

Edited by BBOY
1 hour ago, BBOY said:

Because it's misleading. He is heaving half court shots. Much different than shooting a regular 3. Not saying I agree but that's the rationale 

Everyone does that though. It's part of the game. This dude has to be a hardcore Simmons fan to randomly bring it up. You think people look at centers who shoot those long 3s, and think well damn if he didn't shoot those full court shots, his stats wouldn't be skewed. Come on. There's literally no reason for this to be an issue.

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

Everyone does that though. It's part of the game. This dude has to be a hardcore Simmons fan to randomly bring it up. You think people look at centers who shoot those long 3s, and think well damn if he didn't shoot those full court shots, his stats wouldn't be skewed. Come on. There's literally no reason for this to be an issue.

Noone has done heaves exclusively though. Ben hasn't attempted a regular 3 so it's interesting for that reason. I don't know about the accuracy of players not taking those heaves due to fg% but who knows? Who cares? Lol

3 minutes ago, BBOY said:

Noone has done heaves exclusively though. Ben hasn't attempted a regular 3 so it's interesting for that reason. I don't know about the accuracy of players not taking those heaves due to fg% but who knows? Who cares? Lol

That's my point! Who cares? That article's main point was Simmons' last second heaves shouldn't count towards his 3 point percentage. How does that make sense? And he calls it an "NBA rule". That s--- aint a rule. You shoot a 3 and it counts towards your %. Idk why I'm getting so triggered over it lmao

Ben Simmons (ankle) received treatment this morning and will receive more tomorrow morning. He will then see how his ankle feels during the pregame walkthrough before his status is determined vs. the #Washington Wizards. Sixers won’t shootaround in the morning.