NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade for Odell

What do you guys think about this trade? I give up Stefon Diggs and Devante Parker for Odell Beckham. It's a 12 team ppr

My team:

QB: Winston, Rivers

RB: McCoy, Zeke, Jordan Howard, Buck Allen

WR: Diggs, Hill, Keenan Allen, Devante Parker, Cooper Kupp

TE: Rudolph, Sefarian-Jenkins

I'm not a fan of it at all. You are paying for the name. Odell is being outscored by Diggs as is and while I wouldn't bet on that continuing going forward I think Parker is too much of an addition to bridge that gap. Also, factoring in the injury risk of Beckham I don't think its worth it especially when your team is already more than set at WR. I'd turn your attention to getting a better TE. 

I wouldn't mind selling high on Cooks since with Bradford coming back and Bridgewater scheduled to come back later in the season and Cooks injury their is a lot of changes to the Vikings that could cause his play to drop and I don't see much more upside than what he has shown thus far. 

I'm higher than most on Parker since he has returned WR11 value on a per game basis thus far and he hasn't scored a touchdown and the Dolphins offense has overall been pretty bad. He has a healthy amount of catches and targets which gives him a considerable floor and if the offense improves (Cutler and Ajayi both can make significant strides) I think Parker could potentially do even better. The only concern is his production has been a bit flukey in the sense a lot of his targets and yards come in garbage time but the Phins aren't good so there should be plenty of garbage time and garbage time yards count just as much in fantasy. 

8 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

I'm not a fan of it at all. You are paying for the name. Odell is being outscored by Diggs as is and while I wouldn't bet on that continuing going forward I think Parker is too much of an addition to bridge that gap. Also, factoring in the injury risk of Beckham I don't think its worth it especially when your team is already more than set at WR. I'd turn your attention to getting a better TE. 

I wouldn't mind selling high on Cooks since with Bradford coming back and Bridgewater scheduled to come back later in the season and Cooks injury their is a lot of changes to the Vikings that could cause his play to drop and I don't see much more upside than what he has shown thus far. 

I'm higher than most on Parker since he has returned WR11 value on a per game basis thus far and he hasn't scored a touchdown and the Dolphins offense has overall been pretty bad. He has a healthy amount of catches and targets which gives him a considerable floor and if the offense improves (Cutler and Ajayi both can make significant strides) I think Parker could potentially do even better. The only concern is his production has been a bit flukey in the sense a lot of his targets and yards come in garbage time but the Phins aren't good so there should be plenty of garbage time and garbage time yards count just as much in fantasy. 

The main selling point for me is OBJ outscoring Diggs ROS. I'm already usually sitting Jordan Howard and Devante Parker on the bench anyways.

3 hours ago, awesomeace said:

The main selling point for me is OBJ outscoring Diggs ROS. I'm already usually sitting Jordan Howard and Devante Parker on the bench anyways.

I don't think the fact that you have Howard and Parker wasted on the bench is enough justification for what I view as a big overpay top 5 WR for a top 10 WR and top 15 WR (if that team high in the standings you are making them stronger which doesn't help your chances of winning the championship). I think your biggest hole is at TE and your team would be better if you used Howard and/or Parker to get a better TE. I'm not sure which TE you could get would depend on what holes the team with TE you'd want has. However in theory the gap between Rudolph and a guy like Clay, Walker or Graham (I think they are a tier below Gronk, Kelce and Ertz but these guys are options with all the assets you have) is greater than the gap between OBJ and Diggs. In my opinion its not even all that close especially when you factor in consistency.