NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeremy Lamb 2017-2018 Season Outlook

i'd like to think that lamb is past the "he deserves more PT off the bench" kind of talk.

he deserves the starting job. hell he probably deserves to remain as the 3rd/2nd option on CHA's offense the rest of the year. his upside is more than that of a mere role player. the hornets would be wise to keep giving him everything he can handle.

him and batum together should be intriguing to watch. time for MKG to move to the bench or switch to small 4. besides they have monk to play the instant offense off the bench role anyways.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Math class

Sounds...tasty!

It sounds like Kemba and either Dwight/Nic might be dealt at the trade deadline....   What are peoples thoughts on stashing?  Minutes are the issue...if development is the priority are Lamb

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, rameshdataya said:

i'd like to think that lamb is past the "he deserves more PT off the bench" kind of talk.

he deserves the starting job. hell he probably deserves to remain as the 3rd/2nd option on CHA's offense the rest of the year. his upside is more than that of a mere role player. the hornets would be wise to keep giving him everything he can handle.

him and batum together should be intriguing to watch. time for MKG to move to the bench or switch to small 4. besides they have monk to play the instant offense off the bench role anyways.

Mkg to the bench...interesting thought. That be good news.

Lamb has to keep his starting spot even with Batum.  I think the already mentioned Lamb at 2 and Batum at 3 is the move going forward.  He's killing it and the commentator mentioned there's a chance he's turned the corner in his career and will continue to be a very good #2 option on offense for the coming years (similar to how players like Lowry took years to develop before finally stepping into a bigger role).

10 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Lamb has to keep his starting spot even with Batum.  I think the already mentioned Lamb at 2 and Batum at 3 is the move going forward.  He's killing it and the commentator mentioned there's a chance he's turned the corner in his career and will continue to be a very good #2 option on offense for the coming years (similar to how players like Lowry took years to develop before finally stepping into a bigger role).

Did the coaching staff mention this, or are you just speculating???

22 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Did the coaching staff mention this, or are you just speculating???

No I'm just reiterating what others have already said / suggested on this thread.   Although Clifford could always be like no we need MKG defense and Batum out there, unless MKG goes to 4 (although NBA is said to be "positionless" now)

I don't see why MKG cannot play the 4. He is strong and long enough. In any case I think they ll keep using Lamb more than 22 mins to say the least and near 30 when he is hot like last night. They need him. 

Amazing that he was +14 and they lost the game by 7.

Edited by RipCity0

Lamb is balling. If you look at his per 36 numbers over the past couple of years they don’t differ much from this year though. The biggest difference is the minutes he’s getting. If he gets big minutes this is what you get from him. One thing I do notice is his game to game consistency has improved. Nothing like have a fresh new rook to motivate you. If he would’ve started off slowly, Monk would’ve took his spot and he know that. 

Yeah, aside from my top 3 picks, he's been one of the most consistent players on my team.  Got him 12th round in a 16 teamer.  Amazing value. Hope he still gets enough minutes even when Batum comes back.

Edited by lbc88
2 minutes ago, FBPro said:

You must have regretted that drop

But I just picked him up yesterday and omg what a game for him

Haha don't worry big dog I picked brickaway back up the second I saw that 34 game. Got both these studs now

21 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

This is not going to happen.

If they started both Batum and Lamb without MKG in the lineup, there is a real chance they lose 55 games. In Clifford's scheme, this just isn't plausible. 

On 11/3/2017 at 11:04 PM, rameshdataya said:

As in having one of the worst defensive wing combos in the league interesting? 

Steve Clifford is a defense first coach. And he LOVES MKG. Who happens to be a borderline elite defensive player. That 30+ minutes is not going away in MKG's corner. Neither is Batum's 125+ million dollar contract. 

31 minutes ago, sylvanus said:

He started the year off well, but with Batum coming back will he have any value?

I made the mistake of dropping this guy at the start of the year, he's got enough per-minute value that even last year he averaged 9/5 on great %'s in just 18 mpg.. I think he's a solid 25 mpg the rest of the way even off the bench given how well he's played. They can't keep running Batum out there 38 mpg, especially with how well Lamb has been playing.

So given that, he should still be good for around 12-14 ppg / 4 / 3 on great %'s type lines the rest of the way, which makes him a very solid bench option. 

• Like 1

When asked about Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Nicolas Batum (elbow) coming back, coach Steve Clifford said the plan for Jeremy Lamb is to "give him minutes."

Clifford said his role as a starter or second-unit guy could change, but he should do the same things he's been doing. Lamb is having a career year and it's not even close with career-high averages of 17.4 points, 5.1 boards, 3.3 assists, 1.8 treys, 3.2 free throw makes and a 47.2 field goal percentage. He's probably going to take a hit, but Lamb could still find a way to get 26-29 minutes.

He can definitely still retain value with 25+ minutes. Please Clifford, make it happen!