NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

144th overall for the night. 9 cat

78th for the night punting ft% (normally a great ft shooter)

Promising tho knowing that if he hit his usual number of fts and at least 1 three, he'd probably be in the 4th to 5th round for the night. 

But until then, I am hoping for more consistency.

Edited by bhkim814
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

6 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

I'm actually curious. What is everyone's expectation with batum ROS?

Do you expect him to finish better or worse than last season? (59th) (59th and 69th prior to that)
My reasonable expectation is around 75th but of course, that is with a lot of improvement. His 3s, Bds, and Assists certainly help but his fg% and TO negate that.

I play in an 8 cat league so top 60 is where i see him. In 9 cat I guess he should still be a top 70. In general i can see why he wont repeat last year's number. Charlote is pretty much the same team. Howard and monk did not change the balance of this team and the improvement of lamp does not hurt Batum in any way because they have a totally different role. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, boytoy said:

Thats a roto league. 7 years, you say? Lol but joking aside, still not worth a cut in any standard league. If your special benchless league is the exception, temper criticism or atleast disclose your league settings.

Fair point...I tend to get impatient, it doesn't work well. I cut THJ after 3 games and then he went off (sadly he's injured now). I have to trust that Batum will get better as the year wears on. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

144th overall for the night. 9 cat

78th for the night punting ft% (normally a great ft shooter)

Promising tho knowing that if he hit his usual number of fts and at least 1 three, he'd probably be in the 4th to 5th round for the night. 

But until then, I am hoping for more consistency.

Me too

4 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

Just accept it for what it is. Trusthaprocess isn't wrong that Batum has been bad this year so far (injuries and etc. as mentioned by everyone). Not all leagues are the same. Some people play in shallower leagues. Some people play in leagues with different settings. And some people play with other frustrated owners that may have dropped Batum. Personally I don't get annoyed of what happens in someone else's league. Unless they don't provide any information and suggest dropping a player that has been doing well recently. 

LuSamSiam is definitely correct that Batum has been an early to mid round player every year for the past 7 years. His value did drop in the last 3 years from the previous early years but he's a 59th player from last year that once finished 21st back when he was in Portland. There is no f-ing way his production will be this bad for him to be dropped and not picked back up immediately in 12 team leagues and above. 

Lucky for people who picked him up. Hope Batum can produce similar numbers with better ft% and one or two threes next game. 

Well said. He did put up a double double tonight, so that's encouraging, even though 5/8 isn't typical of him from the line. But yeah, well said. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Fair point...I tend to get impatient, it doesn't work well. I cut THJ after 3 games and then he went off (sadly he's injured now). I have to trust that Batum will get better as the year wears on. 

You and me both. I did draft him 125 so thats right around his current ranking. But he has a good track record so we should see improvements. If this is the worst it would get, then he should be fine. I suggest opening up a roster space by 2for1 trades as to not not miss out when his stats normalize.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, boytoy said:

You and me both. I did draft him 125 so thats right around his current ranking. But he has a good track record so we should see improvements. If this is the worst it would get, then he should be fine. I suggest opening up a roster space by 2for1 trades as to not not miss out when his stats normalize.

I've done 2 2-1 deals, but the trade market in my league is cold right now. He got claimed anyways. But I have John Wall coming back, so I didn't have room for him anyways. I took a flier on Jonathan Isaac. Maybe I'm being irrational here, but I really like his upside, and I need blocks. Hopefully I'm right, but I do think Batum's arrow is pointing up. 

8 minutes ago, beastmaster said:

cha was garbage as a team at 1st half.

this. playing at full strength against Steph&Draymond-less Warriors, with Cook and JBell starting, I was expecting more from my CHA players :(

Edited by mateen
typo
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, boytoy said:

How bad was his line at the half? Not watching the game but mustve been a good 2nd half. Thats a pretty good line so far.

from my memory his stat was:

2/7 fg       5 points 1 assist 3 TOs? Not sure if he had 1 three or 1 missed freethrow. no rebounds either

• Thanks 1