NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I've never seen Batum play this poorly before. I'm reassessing to top-100, which is a huge shame.

Yeah definitely understandable, 75 to 100 range. I dont know why some ppl get offended when we have negative outlook on the players they own or owned at the time. Im pretty sure if Batum gets traded or dropped from their team, they wouldnt give a damn. Its fair to downgrade a player's value if they arent performing well due to injuries, TOs, shooting percentages, roster additions, etc. 

Like if he starts doing well, great. Most would admit he's doing well. No reason to deny what is clearly happening. Yell "patience" then wait for like 1/3 total weeks of fantasy go by. He can maybe help in the 2nd half of the season, anything is possible with Batum's history. 

But his negative performances do add up in our win and loss columns. And this is why I personally don't like reading "do you play in 6 man league?" "Is this your first time playing?" Cuz right now, many are quiet. Then the next game he does well, we will see alot of "told you i was right comments". Then repeat lol 

Anyways hope he improves.

Edited by bhkim814
4 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Yeah, he should have just rested this game. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes one or two games off.

By all accounts this was pretty much a game off for him, he barely played and didn’t do anything when he was in.

Maybe I’m being too pessimistic but I think the fact that his elbow is still an issue is very concerning, seems like the elbow hasn’t fully healed if he still is having such issues from just normal wear and tear.

Not trying to trade him definitely. His value is too low at the moment and he will, without a doubt, turn it around once he gets going. If you're punting FG like I am you should be looking to trade for him considering his owners might take cents on the dollar because his recent injury issues.

Nicolas Batum said his left elbow has been bothering him since he returned three weeks ago.

"Since I got back three weeks ago, it’s really, really bothered my game. It’s really bothered me," Batum said. "It’s [affected] my performance. I can’t be myself.  When I’m out there, I know what to do, but I can’t do it. I can’t really do what I want, what I need, to help this team win because my elbow is really bothering me. 

Batum recently said even at its best, his left elbow feels "weird" following the injury. He plays with heavy padding on the joint, surrounded by bandaging.

"Always," Batum said of playing with pain. "Since I got back, I’ve not been 100 percent yet. Not even close to 100 percent. It’s always there.

Every contact: I grab someone, or someone grabs me, or someone hits me. I get (pain) every game. The last game (teammate) Mangok (Matiang) asked me, ‘Are you OK?’ I tried to hide it, because it’s the fourth (quarter) and I’m trying to get through it. I know it’s going to be like that all year long."

here is the full article. 

Edited by chud12

This article sounds like it’s nearly worst case scenario for Batum and his owners. Given his performance, the performance of Lamb and the fact that the Hornets stink, I’m not sure why he wouldn’t just have surgery instead of waiting til the offseason.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article189042319.html

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Nicolas Batum said his left elbow has been bothering him since he returned three weeks ago.

"Since I got back three weeks ago, it’s really, really bothered my game. It’s really bothered me," Batum said. "It’s [affected] my performance. I can’t be myself.  When I’m out there, I know what to do, but I can’t do it. I can’t really do what I want, what I need, to help this team win because my elbow is really bothering me. 

Batum recently said even at its best, his left elbow feels "weird" following the injury. He plays with heavy padding on the joint, surrounded by bandaging.

"Always," Batum said of playing with pain. "Since I got back, I’ve not been 100 percent yet. Not even close to 100 percent. It’s always there.

Every contact: I grab someone, or someone grabs me, or someone hits me. I get (pain) every game. The last game (teammate) Mangok (Matiang) asked me, ‘Are you OK?’ I tried to hide it, because it’s the fourth (quarter) and I’m trying to get through it. I know it’s going to be like that all year long."

here is the full article. 

Yeah that's pretty awful news in terms of his outlook.  The way he has been playing, I guess it's not surprising that his elbow is still bothering him. 

Now the question is, will he sit and rest, go for surgery, or try to play through?  I am not even sure what would be best for us as fantasy owners.

And to the dude above me going for the "I told you so"... no.  You still cannot justify dropping him weeks ago in your roto league that you call a points league.  gtfo

• Like 1