NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

I just wish him or the hornets will give a clear expectation for his ROS.  Is he still gonna play? Are they going to shut him down?

Makes it easier for me to drop if its the latter. If hes coming back then I think its worth a hold though its a pain in the a** to lose three games from him this week.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, munky said:

I just wish him or the hornets will give a clear expectation for his ROS.  Is he still gonna play? Are they going to shut him down?

Makes it easier for me to drop if its the latter. If hes coming back then I think its worth a hold though its a pain in the a** to lose three games from him this week.

I dropped him and added Lamb. I held him when he was out but he's not healthy right now and I'd rather roll with the healthy option

• Like 1

6 hours ago, munky said:

of course, we hate uncertainty.

if he is shut down, then we drop him.  i think he was my 10th rounder and i got to pick up some good guys because of that Injured slot

However, i can't afford to have him not play or play badly.

Holding on to dead weight will make me lose

• Like 1

I absolutely love the guy and have had him the past 3-4 years, but in all honesty.. I'm trying to package him in a trade as a throw-in with his name value. Market is rough, but I'm gauging for interest and attacking. Picked up Jeremy Lamb as insurance policy just in case, as well. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jay14bay said:

I don't see the point of selling him while his value is at an all time low.  Especially if you have the roster space to stash Lamb, then Batum is a more worthwhile hold imo.

I'm not saying this as a strategy for all Batum owners. This is strictly a move I'm looking at because the league I'm part of values him at this time present time than his value is at the moment, even with elbow concerns. 

• Like 1

So if he's probable - does this mean that the Hornets medical staff are confident that his elbow issues won't affect him much after two or so games of rest? Or is it just incompetency on the Hornets' medical staff, lmao. Or it could be that Batum was just overexaggerating his issues (but then what could explain his poor play)

Anyway, it looks like his elbow issue isn't as serious as one might think if they're willing to put him out there. Still a concern though nonetheless 

3 hours ago, Sheep keeper said:

He is dropped in my league, worth No.1 waiver in 12 teams? I was worrying about Batum having season-ending surgery. Seems like he is just going to play through it.

Tough one. High risk / semi-high reward or a bust type of thing. Could be this throughout the season, even a shut-down and surgery. Just looking bleak atm.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid
9 hours ago, Sheep keeper said:

He is dropped in my league, worth No.1 waiver in 12 teams? I was worrying about Batum having season-ending surgery. Seems like he is just going to play through it.

Well 14 team josh from bbm told me to drop kleber for him. I will do it but thats because its 14 team

On my 12 team im looking for a fat line to sell him out even on equal value

Just now, megaplayboy said:

His sleeve is gone, seems to be a little more comfortable out there, he just needs to be more aggressive on offense but I think he will break out soon I'm surprised so many people dropped. 

His elbow is being held together by duck tape prob, do not be naive and sell after the first big line.

5 hours ago, chud12 said:

His elbow is being held together by duck tape prob, do not be naive and sell after the first big line.

tough situation and this will take few good weeks to get chance to sell.major shut down candidate if Hornets dont bounce back in next month

1 hour ago, Kicker said:

tough situation and this will take few good weeks to get chance to sell.major shut down candidate if Hornets dont bounce back in next month

Yes, need some big games if i ever get him on my waiver. Im picking him up just to trade him hopefully. Its 14 teams, cant let batum float on the wire coz he won't. Hopefully i can sell him like i did with favors