NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

28 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

People might call this a fluke but it looks like his elbow is not affecting him at all. He's taking (and making) confident shots. Makes you wonder if the elbow really is as serious as he described...

It's probably a combination of his elbow being sore after games + mental block.  He's never been a great shooter, but tonight's line is definitely in line with what we know Batum can make on a nightly basis when he's in the zone and healthy.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

great. i sat him even though its a revenge game cause i looked up at how great portland defends shooting guards along with knowing his shooting woes recently and in general. and he explodes like this. Unbelievable. The 2 best games of the season for him, he has been on my bench and all the rest of them, which have been exclusively bad, he started for me. Unreal. 

17 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Crazy how people just flat out dropped him, the mins are there, I don't think he can get any worst than he's played past couple of games but I feel he'll start trending up.

It’s not about how he plays. It’s about the elbow which is going to be a problem all year. Batum is going to exit games early and miss games going forward, that’s pretty much a given. 

14 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

Revenge game. 

Josh Lloyd talks about this on his pod. It's funny how when a guy lays an egg in a "revenge game" no one talks about it...yet it happens a good bit. They just wanna reference the good games. PG was awful in first game against the Pacers and the last game while better, still wasn't very good. Just one example.

Edited by HK-47

Obviously Batum is still a shut down candidate later in the season, and he is not free from pain/nagging. If he was, he would have let anyone know. The elbow thing is still here, i dont think its going away anytime soon. However, this game is pretty encouraging. It proves that he can play through it and he might get more and more confident with it. The problem will remain but at least if he can provide top 60  value for a couple of weeks, we can shop him and get something of value in return. This game is good news..

The funny thing is despite his risk of getting shut down and missing games due to his elbow, everything else seems to be going against the contrary. He's not as limited as he said he was as we saw last night. The team is looking to run more plays for him and increase his workload (according to the latest rotoworld blurb) and why would the team do that? Wouldn't that aggravate his elbow and cause him to miss games? Could it be we don't know what the team knows about Batum's health? Or is it straight incompetency?

I'm not saying he is a must-own ROS, but if you can't find anyone to trade Batum with, holding really isn't a bad option just to wait and see and ride it out.

If it was like Harden or Lillard, I wouldn't be worried but Batum's known to have the pain tolerance of a Catholic school girl so I just hope he strings a couple of decent games together so I can dump his a**.

Edited by mthdmn

He's an all-around player, he's not going to put up 20 points every game but he's going to help almost in every category.

So i'm perfectly fine with this kind of line, that's what i wanted when i drafted him. Of course i didn't hate the stats from Saturday too....two good games in a row, no minutes restrictions and he's playing without the sleeve since the game he missed early last week. Let's hope for the best.

Edited by Alevin