NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

On 12/17/2017 at 10:54 AM, summersoff7 said:

its a fluke game. he's playing against a former team.

Called it.  This guy goes back to being worthless again.  Cant drop because of potential, can't trade and get equal pre-season, pre-injury value in return.  Damn.

Hes hurt fellas....    he suddenly didnt forget how to play basketball.. he isn't garbage.. i wish he was playing like garbage but hes playing hurt and  hes not going to get healthier as the season progresses.. just sucks.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

after ABS I will start worrying ... I have faith in him and I hope Hornets turn it around and go on a mini run somehow, they are shot atm.

Deep inside, we all worried from the beginning lol with his performances due to his obvious injury. You are not worried still? 

Why is everyone surprised here by his ridiculous inconsistency from game to game?? Stop hating on Batum. If you own him your going to have to live with the terrible games like last night where he attempted 1 shot because I am sure his elbow must of been barking. I am sure 2 games ago it felt much better, hence the number of shot attempts. If your going to continue to own him don’t expect consistency, expect way up and down production. The damn guy is playing with a super glued elbow so owners should cut him now if there not into this type of rollercoaster.  

28 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Why is everyone surprised here by his ridiculous inconsistency from game to game?? Stop hating on Batum. If you own him your going to have to live with the terrible games like last night where he attempted 1 shot because I am sure his elbow must of been barking. I am sure 2 games ago it felt much better, hence the number of shot attempts. If your going to continue to own him don’t expect consistency, expect way up and down production. The damn guy is playing with a super glued elbow so owners should cut him now if there not into this type of rollercoaster.  

Even if he is hurting, I do think it's reasonable to expect more than 1 shot attempt over 30ish minutes.  Like someone above posted, I would rather see 4/16 than 0/1.

I watched the first half but then couldn't take the agony anymore.  He was extremely passive.  Even his assists came off regular ball-swing passes, nothing aggressive like a drive and kick or PNR.  The hornets in general are extremely boring to watch, but Batum just looked docile out there.  I am not dropping yet but obivously this season has been a Batum disaster.  The good news is, the team has been terrible, so things should change.  Maybe Steve Clifford will figure out that Dwight Howard post ups are not a good formula on offense.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, SwaggaMcDaddy said:

I was just offered Batum for Mirotic. I think Batum will start trending up soon so I think its a good trade. What do y'all think ? 

I think you should take this question to the AC forum. 

• 2 weeks later...