NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

He certainly hasn’t lived up to expectations but he is trending a bit upwards imo. FG% has been trash, which has lead to pathetic points but he’s chipping in with decent boards and assists and seems to be getting a 3 and a stock or two every game. If he can cut down on his TOs those are stat line I can live with. Not what I expected but still worth using.

9 hours ago, Joeklebba said:

He certainly hasn’t lived up to expectations but he is trending a bit upwards imo. FG% has been trash, which has lead to pathetic points but he’s chipping in with decent boards and assists and seems to be getting a 3 and a stock or two every game. If he can cut down on his TOs those are stat line I can live with. Not what I expected but still worth using.

Yeah, I mean I'd keep him for emergency depth, but I won't roster him unless I need to.

30 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Im really considering dropping him in my 12 teamer.  He hurts you way too much and just really doesnt offer much. besides inconsistent maddening games.  There isn't much upside, what you see is what you're going to get ROS. 

I've moved on to greener pastures. Farewell, Batum.

I think there’s a correlation between his suckitude and having darkhole Dwight this year. He’s never been this bad for this long and can never seem to get in a flow with so many mouths to feed on that crappy team. I’m a diehard fan of his and will holdv til the wheels fall off

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

I think there’s a correlation between his suckitude and having darkhole Dwight this year. He’s never been this bad for this long and can never seem to get in a flow with so many mouths to feed on that crappy team. I’m a diehard fan of his and will holdv til the wheels fall off

ive noticed this too

3 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

5 years 120 mil. Easily the worst contract in the league...24 mil a year for this. If he wasnt paid this much Lamb would be the one starting since he has been much better then BaBum

The worst contract in the league is the automatic DNP-Sore Knee Chandler Parsons

You guys are missing his point though. Batum has been so terrible even with all the minutes he’s given. He’s been so terrible that I think Kemba gets traded since Batum is untradeable and Cho is a goner.

Edited by Taipan
4 hours ago, Taipan said:

You guys are missing his point though. Batum has been so terrible even with all the minutes he’s given. He’s been so terrible that I think Kemba gets traded since Batum is untradeable and Cho is a goner.

why is batum untradeable?

very tempted to drop in a 12 teamer. and i need a streamer spot too! thoughts on him ROS? im betting he wouldnt really be back to old batum again with that elbow bothering him. worst, the shutdown due to rehab or surgery is very very much coming soon.

4 hours ago, Manos A said:

why is batum untradeable?

Has a huge freaking contract (remember he’s maxed) that’ll be  hard for most teams to absorb. Getting paid $22 million this year alone. Kemba’s getting $12 mil. I can see them packaging Kemba/Dwight and going into a rebuilt.

Edited by Taipan
  • Thanks 1

Batum is that guy you see on your roster and you’re like “sweet, I got Batum playing” and then an hour later you see he has more TOs than points and you’re like “F*%k, I have Batum playing”.

Goes without saying but without his name recognition he’d be on waivers in pretty much every league, he’s been terrible so far. 

• Like 1
On 1/1/2018 at 11:22 AM, Taipan said:

Most would disagree but I say punt FG and you’ll appreciate him a little better. 

Yeh as you mentioned just a little lol

According to BBM, Batum is 

#153 for standard 9 cat

#121 when punting fg% in standard 9 cat

#110 when punting fg% + TO in standard 9 cat.

Owners can easily find and stream players that are hot for that week or two and get better value. Btw what players did you guys miss out on while keeping Batum?

If you own him, he has no trade value right now. Injury + the emergence of Lamb hurt this guy. 

Its the inconsistency that frustrates owners, sort of like Danny Green who can drop big number or dud any game.

I would hold if possible. This guy provides multi-cat stats and should bounce back 2nd half. (it is hard to be patient i know)

I was defending him quite hard as a hold earlier in this thread, but I have to say the outlook is not good. At this point I have little hope that he is going to improve much as the season goes on. Especially watching the team, he is just the most passive on the court that I have ever seen in his career. Some people say the “contract year” player thing is not real, I think this is a perfect example of the opposite. Batum is set and he is steady coasting. 

Yesterday I had a full roster going and he sat on my bench - elected to play guys like Gerald Green and Rodney Hood over him, and I don’t see that changing. I’m holding for now since I can but depending on your situation I couldn’t argue with anyone moving on. 

Edited by jay14bay
  • Like 1