NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

rebol2n

6 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Wonderful. AG, Lauri, Gary and now Nic.

goodbye playoffs

Don’t worry I’ve lost jimmy butler, Garry Harris now batum 1st seed best team by far 

gotta love Fantasy 

reading Achilles ? Team is outta playoffs I doubt he plays this week after a monster week while I’m on BYE lmaoooo

MRI results revealed chronic tendinitis with left Achilles of Charlotte Hornets forward Nic Batum, league sources tell ESPN. He will miss game against Philadelphia on Monday and return will be based on how he responds to treatment.

Source: Woj

Doesn't sound like a good news, especially with Charlotte pretty much out of playoff contention.

Sadly i think i'm going to drop him tonight.

Edited by Alevin

2 minutes ago, kingoladipodame said:

How long is he out for??

Didn't say, but waiting to see how he "responds to treatment" implies awhile.  He's gotta get the treatment (days, right?), then get assessed. Sounds like at least a week to me. 

That's nothing most of the time, but this time of year it's everything. 

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

Didn't say, but waiting to see how he "responds to treatment" implies awhile.  He's gotta get the treatment (days, right?), then get assessed. Sounds like at least a week to me. 

That's nothing most of the time, but this time of year it's everything. 

And with the Hornets in essence being out of the playoff picture they might take it slow bringing him back with his injury history.  Still could be a huge pickup for those able to advance to the finals.

But there won't be a final if you lose this week. :D

Kidding aside, it all depends by the format, the opponent strenght and the schedule for the week. If you think you can win this week matchup with one player less then it makes sense to hold on to him and see if he returns.

But if you predict already a tough matchup that will be decided by maybe a few points, rebs etc it's really tough to play with him on the roster.

I'm actually coming off a bye week as a # 2 seed so I automatically advance...sorry for the noob question but do I play the winner of 3 vs 6 or 4 vs 5 as the # 2 seed in head to head matchups?  Can someone answer this?  I can't find the answer to this.

3 minutes ago, Alevin said:

But there won't be a final if you lose this week. :D

Kidding aside, it all depends by the format, the opponent strenght and the schedule for the week. If you think you can win this week matchup with one player les then it makes sense to hold on to him and see if he returns.

But if you predict already a tough matchup that will be decided by maybe a few points, rebs etc it's really tough to play with him on the roster

Edited by kingoladipodame

By "this week" i was unconsciously thinking already "next week", that starts tomorrow. My argument was based on the fact that it's likely Batum will miss it.

Anyway, you'll play the winner of #3 vs #6

Edited by Alevin

This is a blow...  I think I have to cut bait. Keeper league with Boogie on the IL and Kyrie as well. Kyrie is more likely to play than Batum.  Can't risk having an empty spot, even if I will just cut someone again when Kyrie is back. 

Had to cut bait!!! No way I see Bobcats risking a longterm injury when they’re out of the playoffs race and have every incentive to play their young guys. 

Take it from a guy who held Batum all year long and never once considered dropping him. The ride was a wild one lads. Time to part ways.

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

Had to cut bait!!! No way I see Bobcats risking a longterm injury when they’re out of the playoffs race and have every incentive to play their young guys. 

Take it from a guy who held Batum all year long and never once considered dropping him. The ride was a wild one lads. Time to part ways.

giphy.gif

• Haha 7