NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Think about it from their perspective. You own an injured player until they are fully healthy and days away from returning. Other people conveniently wait until the return date is basically confirmed to thieve him from you (I'm guessing at a lower price then where he finished on a player rater for your league settings). Why would you deal him? Unless you are making legit/fair offers based on his healthy ADP/player rater there is almost no point for anyone that waited on him to trade him. Maybe you can argue 10-15 spots worse than the player rater since there is probably some re-injury risk associated with his elbow, but that might be pushing it in the eyes of the people that drafted and waited for him. 

absolutely i agree, you aren't going to get a fair offer on someone you've been waiting on to return. however for my statement, the guy who owns him rarely sets his lineup or checks his trade requests.

1 minute ago, megaplayboy said:

I like that batum is back but why the limited minutes? its no leg/knee/foot or back issue this was an elbow injury his basketball conditioning should already be there. 

Conditioning. Batum beat his schedule of 5-6 weeks. But you never know when he actually plays and if the game is close.

Edited by XOrad10
18 hours ago, Xmantt said:

yeah that's how i feel too. too bad if he gets a triple double on IL but I doubt that.

Hey guys, on that topic, what are your thoughts about his mins for the next few games. He's got a pretty nice 3 game schedule right now (Wed, Fri, Sat) and I was wondering if he would play in all 3 games.

22 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

I like that batum is back but why the limited minutes? its no leg/knee/foot or back issue this was an elbow injury his basketball conditioning should already be there. 

Conditioning and game conditioning are two very different things. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Hey guys, on that topic, what are your thoughts about his mins for the next few games. He's got a pretty nice 3 game schedule right now (Wed, Fri, Sat) and I was wondering if he would play in all 3 games.

I thought about that myself but I honestly think he'll play all 3. Had it been a lower body injury then there would be a real danger of him having to sit out one of the games. As for the mins he should get 20-25. Most coaches go with the 5-6 min stints each quarter I've been noticing when they're tryna get a player up to speed.

Edited by Lowvie
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Anyone rolling the dice and start him tonight? 

Na, not even activating him yet. I’m actually starting Lamb still. I️ expect Batum’s minutes to hover around the 15-20 range tonight and Lamb should still get 25-30 with Batum limited.  Not activating Nic until he is closer to 25 per but hey maybe we get surprised and he plays that tonight.  

• Like 2