NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Na, not even activating him yet. I’m actually starting Lamb still. I️ expect Batum’s minutes to hover around the 15-20 range tonight and Lamb should still get 25-30 with Batum limited.  Not activating Nic until he is closer to 25 per but hey maybe we get surprised and he plays that tonight.  

I am playing it the same way, but I do think Nic gets some 5-6 minute bursts and might actually be in the 20-26 minute range. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drop and pick Batum back up multiple times? What kind of league is that? Are you the only team?

Today's athletes.....  

Posted Images

Nicolas Batum (elbow) is expected to play between 20-22 minutes against the Cavs on Wednesday.

He'll be starting with Kemba Walker, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams and Dwight Howard, so Jeremy Lamb moves to the bench here. Batum is still likely going to have his minutes managed for a couple games, but he should be added in all leagues. As for Lamb, he may still have value because coach Steve Clifford said he wants to play him heavy minutes.

Nov 15 - 6:21 PM

PS didn't realize it was already posted, page didn't load properly
Edited by Lowvie
Just now, LuSamSiam said:

He's already at 14 minutes played. Are they barely going to play him in the 2nd half or just go against the 20-22 min cap they set?

They just might say YOLO and give him 30 minutes 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

They just might say YOLO and give him 30 minutes 

Clifford just said in the post-3rd q interview that he intends/plans to give Batum some additional (but "not much") minutes since he feels good. Has a chance to finish the game possibly, so anywhere from 25-27 minutes seems reasonable to assume.

• Like 2

Yep, he was great in the first and lost his offensive punch in the second. Went 0/3 or 0/4 from three and missed a FT so I'm gonna chalk it up to conditioning. I think they said sometime during the game that they had asked him how he felt after the first half performance and Batum said he "felt a bit tired". Him playing over 30+ minutes though bodes well, seems like he's well ahead/on pace for getting back to 100% eventually

16 pts / 5 reb / 6 ast / 2 stls / 1 3pm on 7/15 (46.7%) FG not bad at all for a first game

Edited by Tr3yball
  • Like 2