NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

rebol2n

20 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I dropped him for Robin Lopez a couple hours before the game. And I have an open roster spot coming from a trade tomorrow. Hopefully people will be scared off from this injury! 

In what rubbish league are you cutting Nic Batum?? He’s a top 50 guy yearly.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I dropped him for Robin Lopez a couple hours before the game. And I have an open roster spot coming from a trade tomorrow. Hopefully people will be scared off from this injury! 

You realize Chicago will eventually fade from Lopez and/or possibly trade to a contender where he'll be rendered pretty much useless in fantasy for rest of year.  You dropped a bonafide stud in Batum.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

You realize Chicago will eventually fade from Lopez and/or possibly trade to a contender where he'll be rendered pretty much useless in fantasy for rest of year.  You dropped a bonafide stud in Batum.  

Fair point, but I traded Draymond for Wall, so I only had 2 C's on my roster. I needed another one. I had 7 SG's. I needed depth. C is a notoriously weak position, I felt like I needed production in the present. 

4 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Like I said, it was a tough choice, but I had 7 SG's, and only 2 C's. If Nurk or Porzingis went down, I would be in trouble. He was the best option on the wire by far. 

Tough choice, you dropped him for Rob Lopez. Like I said rubbish. 

• Like 1

7 SG's in an efficiency league?  Clearly you had other drops other than Batum. Not trying to bring yah down but ....idk.  I'd try to get your Batum back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trusthaprocess said:

He had 15 last night, he's not rubbish at the moment. I'm banking on a trade not happening. If I'm wrong, I'll look like a fool. But if not, I'll have a decent C who provides depth. My wire is barren of C's. We'll see. 

Dude I’m not hating on Lopez, in terms of value Lopez won’t be close.  It’s not if this is a foolish move, it just is a foolish move. You have to have a cut that’s better. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Like I said, it was a tough choice, but I had 7 SG's, and only 2 C's. If Nurk or Porzingis went down, I would be in trouble. He was the best option on the wire by far. 

It was a tough dumb move. If Batum somehow is your worst SG, which I have a hard time to believe, you could just trade him instead of letting someone picking him up for free.

• Like 1

Just now, -M- said:
Batum doesn’t feel the re-injury, which caused him to miss the second half Wednesday against the Washington Wizards, is as bad as the original injury, a source said Thursday.

Not exactly encouraging when he missed 6 weeks with the first injury. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ryanii said:

It was a tough dumb move. If Batum somehow is your worst SG, which I have a hard time to believe, you could just trade him instead of letting someone picking him up for free.

Better said than done. My league isn't very active in the trade market. I tried. The few owners who are active told me they were scared off by his injury history. 

39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Dude I’m not hating on Lopez, in terms of value Lopez won’t be close.  It’s not if this is a foolish move, it just is a foolish move. You have to have a cut that’s better. 

I didn't think I did. Gary Harris, Ariza, Tyreke, Donovan Mitchell, Bradley. They've all played great this year. Plus my roster is in limbo. Trades (2) and (3) still haven't gone through yet. Hopefully the injury news will scare owners away. But I hate how leagues make 2 C lineups. It should just be 1. It's such a thin position. If Nurk was ballin, I would have not made a move. But he's sucked this year, so in the case I sell him, I need a decent backup option (Lopez).