NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

rebol2n

10 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I didn't think I did. Gary Harris, Ariza, Tyreke, Donovan Mitchell, Bradley. They've all played great this year. Plus my roster is in limbo. Trades (2) and (3) still haven't gone through yet. Hopefully the injury news will scare owners away. But I hate how leagues make 2 C lineups. It should just be 1. It's such a thin position. If Nurk was ballin, I would have not made a move. But he's sucked this year, so in the case I sell him, I need a decent backup option (Lopez). 

Bradley was the drop instead of Batum. Imo

Edited by Bugs bunny

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Bradley or Ariza was the drop instead of Batum. Imo

Other than that dud, Bradley has been ballin these past 2 weeks. And Ariza's consistent 3PT shooting and steals led me to keep him. He hit 7 3's last night! dude is as consistent as they come. I wasn't 100% sure with whether he would stay healthy (he didn't) and how Lamb and MKG would affect his minutes (too early to know). In a vacuum, he's a top 60 player, but his sample size this year is small so far. 

4 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Other than that dud, Bradley has been ballin these past 2 weeks. And Ariza's consistent 3PT shooting and steals led me to keep him. He hit 7 3's last night! dude is as consistent as they come. I wasn't 100% sure with whether he would stay healthy (he didn't) and how Lamb and MKG would affect his minutes (too early to know). In a vacuum, he's a top 60 player, but his sample size this year is small so far. 

Yeah I would have kept Ariza.  Batum is in same position as last year and the year before so there's plenty of sample.  Batum will get his regardless of Lamb snd MKG.  They didn't impede his production in the past so no reason to think differently.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah I would have kept Ariza.  Batum is in same position as last year and the year before so there's plenty of sample.  Batum will get his regardless of Lamb snd MKG.  They didn't impede his production in the past so no reason to think differently.

Fair point. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. But this injury news isn't encouraging. The only reason I got him in the first place was because another owner dropped him after he had surgery back in October. Sounds like he could be out a bit. They brought him back too soon it looks like. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

I dropped him for Robin Lopez a couple hours before the game. And I have an open roster spot coming from a trade tomorrow. Hopefully people will be scared off from this injury! 

You should really consult the AC forum here the next time you are thinking of making a terrible move like dropping Batum for RoLo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

You should really consult the AC forum here the next time you are thinking of making a terrible move like dropping Batum for RoLo.

Ro-Lo gets no love! Sheesh, he's putting up top 100 value on the year! He's by no means a better player than Batum, but a solid C2. I needed one, I had no backups if any went down. I wasn't about to drop Tyreke or Harris or Ariza for him. I'm deep at SG as it is. And I had concerns about his elbow. Sure enough, he re-injures it the next day. 

32 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Ro-Lo gets no love! Sheesh, he's putting up top 100 value on the year! He's by no means a better player than Batum, but a solid C2. I needed one, I had no backups if any went down. I wasn't about to drop Tyreke or Harris or Ariza for him. I'm deep at SG as it is. And I had concerns about his elbow. Sure enough, he re-injures it the next day. 

RoLo is not top 100 (not sure where you got that from) and things will only get worse as the season progresses on this Bulls team that has no reason to play their vets. The smart move would have been to trade one of your SG's for a legitimate center. There is no league shallow enough that dropping Batum makes sense in.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

My thoughts exactly. Seems like we’ve dodged a bullet here but is he gonna be hurt anytime someone makes contact with his elbow?

Who knows but a wise owner rides this out now until he either puts down a solid month and there's decent options or until he reaggrivates it to the point that it's a no brainer drop. If he comes back and plays a good season from here on out you'll lose your league and kick yourself for dropping him for some streamer who isn't on your team anymore.

• Like 1

Ulnar Nerve Contusion, depending on the damage to the nerve surgery may be required in the worst case scenario. Usually no permament damage occurs to the nerve. In less severe scenarios where the nerve needs to grow back, 4-6 weeks of rest, but in most cases it can take anywhere to 2-3 days or a week. Recovery can be spontaneous (as with most nerve contusions).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Today's athletes.....

He hasn't

slide_12.jpg

I think in Charlotte's case though, you can't mess around. They were already missing him for 6 weeks with that same shoulder injured. Has he even had an X-Ray done on it yet? For all we know, the damage could be worse than what we've been led to believe. And vice versa. But with his history, it doesn't sound encouraging. 

Thing with shoulder and elbow injuries is that in screws up so much of your daiky activity. Especially the shoulder. Influences the way you sleep as well. So better to let it heal now than to let it linger and still deal with it buly the time the playoffs start. Also the leagur announced it would assess resting games more closely this season, so instead of resting players later on in the year, you'll see teams giviny players a game or a few games off more easily early in the season. 

• Thanks 1

Nicolas Batum (ulnar nerve contusion) will not play in Friday night’s game versus the Cavs, according the Hornets PR.

Batum injured the same elbow held him out for most of the season. Jeremy Lamb will be reinserted in the starting lineup and will be a popular option tonight for DFS. Lamb is averaging 16.5 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game this season and should be owned in all leagues until we get some more concrete news regarding Batum’s elbow.

Update: Batum’s injury does not appear to be serious as the Charlotte Observer reported his absence on Friday is precautionary.  They added that Batum said there is no indication that he re-tore the tendon in his left elbow.  “In a pin-down, I got caught (on the arm) again. That hurt a little bit, but it’s not torn again, so I’m pretty pumped,” Batum told the Observer at shootaround.

https://www.hoop-ball.com/nba-fantasy-news-and-advice/nba-fantasy-injuries-news/nicolas-batum-ulnar-nerve-contusion-will-not-play-in-mondays-game/

On 11/23/2017 at 10:59 AM, Bugs bunny said:

7 SG's in an efficiency league?  Clearly you had other drops other than Batum. Not trying to bring yah down but ....idk.  I'd try to get your Batum back.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:31 AM, ryanii said:

It was a tough dumb move. If Batum somehow is your worst SG, which I have a hard time to believe, you could just trade him instead of letting someone picking him up for free.

Good news, I got him back, nobody claimed him